FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

The Titanic Mod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255954 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:11 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

It has been ages since I've posted here on the forum, but progress hasn't stopped since last time. Those who've kept the ModDB, Facebook page, Youtube & Discord channel in watch have seen a big announcement.

In Q2 of this year, the first part of the Titanic Mod shall be released:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HCF-9GFzes

Aside of that, with the latest MafCapone editor and 3ds Max plugins, ingame implementation has been a real treat. More and more areas are making their final way into the game:

Also various interactivity is being added. You'll be able to sit on different chairs and benches:

And, from the programming wonders of Asa, the pool is actually swimmable!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcCUa6JX25g

All the areas seen in the videos and latest screenshots will be included within the first release.

www.robville.net
MatteoCapoletti

1056 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Absolutely awesome, you've done such a wonderful job of the Ship and surrounds

Is there a plan for retexturing the people? Only say that because they almost seem out of place with your beautiful models
mammix

9092 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:34 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

All I can say is: wow! Can't wait to see it myself.
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1407 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Are you sure that's still Mafia in the screens? Laughing

Kidding aside, every time you release a sneak peak of the Titanic mod my jaw drops. But this time? This time it dropped so low I still haven't pulled it together...

I mean just look at those pics and that short video. It's so incredible, so beautiful I'm out of words. I agree with Matteo - the original assets feel very dated compared to yours, Mr Rob, you've outdone them in every way possible. Come to think of it, I think you outdid yourself this time too Applause

Can't wait!!
Mr Robville

255954 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:37 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it.

Regarding the NPC's. Modifying them is a low priority item for now. Thankfully with the latest 3ds Max converters it is a lot easier to create custom characters, but the time required for it will be currently spent on the environment.

Also, me and Asa have spent some time scratching our heads over random crashes to desktop which turned out to be related to a memory cap. Originally, Mafia is programmed to only allow 1GB of RAM to be used at maximum. If it goes over by one MB, it crashes to desktop without warning.

Thankfully, the game's executable could be patched to 64Bit, allowing double RAM usage. So I now have to keep a close eye on the astonishing 2GB of available RAM. Any new texture contributes to that so that's why I also let NPC's mostly be for now since the ship is more important.

Luckily though, pretty much all of the mod's textures were oversized, so I have plenty of margin left for the remaining areas.

www.robville.net
nesquik

78 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Thanks for your work. Unbelievable screenshots, still cannot realize that It's possible in the game from 2002. Obviously, we're ready to see more screenshots in the future. Will It be released just like some particular location or we could expect some missions there?

My impressions when I was watching the videos: "what a hell?!" Very happy
Mr Robville

255954 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:07 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Thanks! Very happy
There aren't any missions added yet aside from the first bit of the storyline. However, the ship will be made interactive in many ways in order to make it less of "just a custom map" and more of an actual environment. So you'll find that you can do various things. The functional swimming pool is one of em.

More screenshots coming up soon.

www.robville.net
Mr Robville

255954 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 9:03 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Got a massive update here. There have indeed been new images, though I tend to post more frequently on the mod's Facebook page, Discord Channel and ModDB page.

I can provide a long story of what has all been finished lately, but let the images speak for themselves for once:

For Part One, all interior is in place, lightmapped, and with fully laid out navpaths. Previously inserted interiors have their lighting redone, and the whole ship is completed for now. I'm now in the final process of adding interactivity.
If everything keeps going to plan, I still hope to release this mod late June.

On a side note. I was wondering if anyone of you guys here also watch or follow the mod's Facebook, Discord, ModDb or Youtube channels. The reason I tend to post in this topic less frequently is simply because it is more time consuming to make a post here compared to the modern platforms.

In case anyone haven't checked, these are the channels:
https://www.facebook.com/TitanicMod
https://discord.gg/2zNVfShged
https://www.moddb.com/mods/mafia-titanic-mod
https://www.youtube.com/user/mrrobville
https://www.youtube.com/user/Asaski09 (Asa's youtube channel)

www.robville.net
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1407 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 7:49 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Mother of god... So looking forward to it! Thank you for all your hard work, Mr Robville! Applause

I must admit I haven't really followed any other channels except for MafiaScene, but after today I'm definitely gonna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24

Jump to: