FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Mafia Car Value Editor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ro_gamer

30 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject: Mafia Car Value Editor Reply with quote

As a fan of Mafia TCoLH (and some of the nicest mods built from it, for example Ikarus Mod 3.0), I noticed over time some things that I want to improve.
One of these is the architecture of the cars. Almost all of the original game cars are RWD, but in the Mod, there are a handful of reskined models that
have FWD in real life. The issue is that those (supposed to be) FWD cars (i.e. Trabants and Wartburgs) replace original RWD's
(i.e. Bolt Ace aka Ford Model T), or viceversa (the Thor 810 is replaced by the IFA W50 Truck), and the physical properties remain just like in the old
game (so I have an RWD, 2-speed Trabant and an East-German FWD truck that "flies" with 170 km/h). I tried the Car Value Editor to adjust this problem
(to give the Trabant the 4-speed gearbox it has in real life and to decrease the max. speed of the IFA truck), but with no result in the game... Thinking
I know it's not a great deal, but the perfectionist in me would like to find an answer.

Elegance is the true beauty that never dies!
Hunter

1531 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:52 am    Post subject: Mafia Car Value Editor Reply with quote

An answer to what? How to use MCVE? You can get a clue with the tooltips in that program, but it's pretty byzantine. I don't think we really understand how the performance models work in MAFIA.

I mention, you get a few more controls in Mafia VE, (like whether the car has a roof) but Mafia VE IIRC splits car values into even more variables.

There must be some formula or something, but sadly the best results seem to come from copying existing recipes onto more appropriate models.
ro_gamer

30 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject: Mafia Car Value Editor Reply with quote

Thanks a lot!
Yes, I somehow figured out that the values are split in some more parts, making it difficult to change them properly...

Elegance is the true beauty that never dies!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mod Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: