FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Texture modding not working....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr_Pentothal

46 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Texture modding not working.... Reply with quote

Hi,

I just started getting back into Mafia 1, and I've successfully modded some cars and weapons in, but I haven't had any success changing in game textures, (e.g. giving Tommy a white suit) is there some extra step I'm forgetting or a setting I have to change for it to work ?

any help appreciated

- Dr. P
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255711 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Texture modding not working.... Reply with quote

As long as rwdata.dll is patched by the DataXtractor, any change to a texture should show ingame.

Could be that you've changed the wrong suit. Some characters have different textures for their Level of Detail variations. Try to modify a (non character for ease) texture that you can clearly recognize from the game and just doodle something on it. You should be able to see the same change ingame.

www.Robville.net
Dr_Pentothal

46 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:15 am    Post subject: Texture modding not working.... Reply with quote

I did that and it still doesn't work. I remember having this problem back when I used to play, and I vaguely remember changes only took effect when I altered some graphic setting.

Impossible I'll keep trying, thanks for replying.
Dr_Pentothal

46 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject: Texture modding not working.... Reply with quote

I've tried everything I can and still nothing...

surely there is a solution!
Dr_Pentothal

46 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Texture modding not working.... Reply with quote

I'm going to try patching my game to 1.1 and running the 1.1 data xtractor... wish me luck! Praying
MatteoCapoletti

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:05 pm    Post subject: Texture modding not working.... Reply with quote

While I have never had to do this, (I work on 1.2)

Asa has often said that you have to delete a second file of the same name (which will then be recreated) from the maps list to get the new graphic to show up. I don't remember the extension but it should be obvious...I guess that's a 1.1 feature
Kaminsky

144 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: Texture modding not working.... Reply with quote

Hey

Some new modded textures starts showin in the game when you , delete these files from your maps folder ( 0,555 0,565 .DX1 .DX2 .DX3 )

Put in your new modded textures , and now delete all of these files ( 0,555 0,565 .DX1 .DX2 .DX3 ) then in the game's setup , click on the "compressed" option ,
when you start the game , itt will take a few minutes for loading , but its normal , the game recreates the files , includin your new textures , so it must be workin in the game .

Some big russian texture mods , like the Retextured mod by. Suuu , or the new cars like this : http://www.mafia-game.ru/plugins/p13_download_manager/images/268.jpg

Only works with this solution in Nvidia cards . (idk yua are usin amd or nvidia but (Nvidia drivers can't let the game to use enough vram with big texture mods , and with the old dx config , so the game crashes sometimes , or the textures just doesn't work at all.

AMD is better because amd got backwards compatibility and let the game use the old direct x files , and the memory and the game works fine with the biggest mods too ..

Try this , maybe it will help ..

Or if you want to know more about this texture modding and how it works , read this : (use translate if you need )

http://forum.mafia-game.ru/showthread.php?t=1978

sry for my bad english Embarassed
Dr_Pentothal

46 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject: Texture modding not working.... Reply with quote

thanks for the help guys.

I finally got it working! Very happy

I just re-installed my game with the settings specified on this page https://perfectworlds.wordpress.com/2010/01/06/10-step-guide-to-re-installing-mafia-with-graphics-mods/

Now I can get back into this!
Kaminsky

144 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Texture modding not working.... Reply with quote

Oh yeah , this is also very helpful .
A few months ago i find this too , but now i can't remember where it is , but you got it .

Well it will help me too maybe .

I got problems with textures too , crahes , flickering etc. but just with Nvidia cards

But luckily i got another pc with an AMD build in . So the game works well with the biggest texture mods finally .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mod Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: