FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Cannot force Mafia Setup to recognize my graphics card!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hunter

1513 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:25 am    Post subject: Cannot force Mafia Setup to recognize my graphics card! Reply with quote

This seems to be happening because the Geforce chip isn't represented as a normal card is and MAFIA's polling doesn't see it as a result.

All I can suggest is tell nVidia.
sicali

21 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Cannot force Mafia Setup to recognize my graphics card! Reply with quote

Hi,
I have the same exact laptop and specs, the only difference is I use Windows 8.1

There is no way to solve this problem, I have had a back and forth for 7 months with nVidia support, tried every solution imaginable. Your best option is to use a different laptop (preferably one without integrated graphics), or a desktop. I missed my yearly playthrough because of this crap
clidix

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Cannot force Mafia Setup to recognize my graphics card! Reply with quote

Hi everybody!

Here is the same thing. The setup.exe see only the Intel integrated card.
When I copy to game folder the 'High quality ENB series' mod, in the setup appeared the Nvidia card, but only with 128 MB VRAM. (It has 4 GB) (but only when in nvidia control panel forced the setup.exe and the game.exe run with nvidia gpu)
So I can see the card now, but I don't know, the game is running on that or not... And I have an error message everytime I start the game or setup. (MESS - Proxy here2)

I trying to solve the problem about two days, I tried a lot of things, but the retextured mod by SUUU is still crashing at loading. (only the training mode works)
In badly case I must play with vanilla or just some mods. But I need the retextured version, so must fight Very happy

So, it seems to be the problem is solved.

In last post I forgot read the specs. (NV GT750M + Intel HD, Win10 64bit)

1. Uninstall the game
2. Delete the folder
3. Clean registry with CCleaner
4. Make sure the game's directory is in exeption in your antivirus software
5. Install the game
5a. Install Directx 8.1NT from the game's disc
5b. Install Directx 9 SDK from the Microsoft's site
6. Set up the game.exe and setup.exe to compatibility WinXP SP2, always run as administrator
7. Force always run on Nvidia GPU in Nvidia control panel (the game.exe and the setup.exe)
8. Copy High Quality ENB Series files to the game's folder

Now you see in setup.exe the Nvidia card. (if you forced setup.exe run on Nvidia GPU in step 7.)

9. If in the game always is black (exept HUD), delete enbconvertor.ini (in this case ENB will not work, but you can see the NV card in setup)
10. If you want, install some mods, or texture packs.

If the game crashes on loading with Retextured mod, switch off the 'compressed' on setup.exe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia I Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: