FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Which patch to use?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevewmmk

34 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject: Which patch to use? Reply with quote

1.1 or 1.2?

Advantages of one over the other?

Thanks Cool shades
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276192 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Which patch to use? Reply with quote

stevewmmk wrote:
1.1 or 1.2?

Advantages of one over the other?

Thanks Cool shades

To be honest there isn't really that much
difference in either of the patches. Even
the so called version 1.3 is just 1.2 renamed.

I would probably use v1.1 as it was the first
genuine patch but it is entirely up to you. Wink

Hunter

1541 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:45 am    Post subject: Which patch to use? Reply with quote

They're the same. AFAIK 1.2, 1.3, etc. are localized versions of 1.1. You might even consider 1.0; it's almost the same (just a slight difference here and there Laughing)
stevewmmk

34 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: Which patch to use? Reply with quote

Game is version 1.1. Doh!
Cukier

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

16517 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Which patch to use? Reply with quote

There isn't any 1.3
Mafia 1.1 was biggest update for mafia. It added cars preview in menu, removed paper clip (xD), removed scratches on cars, removed eye moving in cutscenes, fixed bug on race track and some small bugs/glitches. It changed some scripts/objects in few missions, but i don't really remember which ones. I just checked that scene2.bin files was modified. In 1.1 they added cumdal cheat, totally removed inbuild multiplayer, changed menu system from menu.dat to separated .mnu files and i guess thats all (im not counting OS and Graphics card bugs).
In mafia 1.2 they just fixed some ATI cards problems. And i guess thats all.

There is a lot of things i didn't mention. But i just don't remember Smile

P.S steam version is the newest one. I don't really know what it does, but compile date is much newer that retail one.

P.S2 The most detailed version and most originall one is 1.0. But 1.2 is most up to date for hardware problems. You need to choose wisely Smile
ASM.

221 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Which patch to use? Reply with quote

Cukier wrote:

P.S steam version is the newest one. I don't really know what it does, but compile date is much newer that retail one.

It's probably another build that adds Steamworks integration or something. Do you mind PMing me the binaries (*.exe/*.dll) of that version? I'd like to have a look.
Hunter

1541 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Which patch to use? Reply with quote

Cukier wrote:
removed paper clip (xD)

Laughing

Completely forgot about the eyes. That sucks. Since we're going over the differences, one of the main ways to tell if you're playing 1.0 is when AI drivers exit cars, in 1.0 they are immovable objects until they completely exit and count as brick walls for your car. Laughing

In 1.1 exiting drivers have no clipping, although the cars remain immovable objects until the driver has finished animating and becomes a pedestrian.

One more thing. There is an official IS patch for 1.2, but it's not an *English* patch, so...whatever it was, it doesn't apply to the English game.

Edit:

Another difference I remembered: In 1.0 you can use the mouse to click "close" on sheets announcing a car added to your garage. In 1.1 you have to use the keyboard for some reason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia I Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: