FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit ē View your posts ē View unanswered posts

Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Welcome2Stonia

61 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

I have been knowingly keeping myself from watching most of Mafia III related content since so much of the story was already revealed with the official trailers and I personally would rather prefer the details to come to me as a surprise while playing.

However, this caught my eye today:
IGN: No Mafia 3 pre-release review copies provided to anyone

Now I don't know much about reviewing practices and traditions, but from the comments of this article it looks like something like this is not a very good sign before launch... what you guys think?
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

Hmm, if they haven't spoiled so much about the story yet themselves I would have thought they kept pre-release copies to prevent any storyline leaks before the game releases. But yeah, so far the developer has been the biggest spoiler themselves so...
...another more likely reason is that the game is indeed bugridden and they want to keep any negative publishing out of the door to maximize initial sales, which is a practice that many publishers have done lately. Because if IGN were to address fundamental issues like crashes or corrupted save files, then these sales would drop faster than a hooker's nickies.

Some people mention that some early reviews were positive (by people who have already played it). Yeah, that's not so strange if they're flown into 2K's headquarters, so to speak. They probably have a contractual fine if they out any criticism that might negatively affect the game's reputation. *cough*Shadow of Mordor*cough*

I hope the story is fantastic and the game runs flawless. I might even excuse the silly Xray vision if it is. Just one more day to find out.

††††††††††††www.Robville.net
lostinmafia_heavenMS

157 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

Heard it looks and plays great on PC.

Just ONE more day.
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

Looks like Mafia 3 has some serious problems on PC as the game is locked to 30fps. The first reviews on steam are very bad.

Don't pre-order it!

More here: http://www.pcgamer.com/mafia-3-appears-to-be-locked-to-30fps-on-pc/

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
Mr Robville

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

*cough* console port *cough*

I fear my negative predictions are about to become reality. Confused

I've never pre-ordered anything since Mass Effect 3. And never regretted it to this day.

-edit-
Just read past some Steam comments. Oh boy, those idiots who keep defending the FPS lock. 2K's reason: "The team has been hard at work ensuring that Mafia IIIís performance is consistent across all platforms, and right now the game runs at a solid 30 frames-per-second. "
a.k.a. lazy programming and a complete disregard to PC gaming. What the hell has the performance of a Playstation or Xbox to do with a PC and why does it need to be consistent across platforms? Is it a multiplayer game or something?

Some folks are comparing 24FPS movies with the framerate in video games which is utter nonsense because each frame in a movie is encoded in such way that it smoothly transists to the next frame, which can be done with pre-rendering. Games don't work that way, and if a GPU is capped to 30 FPS, it usually also affects the mouse acceleration or brings the GPU into a crawl as it's forced to underperform. A game's framerate goes a lot deeper than just visuals. I've never experienced a game that performed better because of a 30 FPS cap and I double dare anyone with a decent PC to find a one that does.

Kaminsky

158 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

I just read about the 30 fps lock

My friend is a big Mafia fan , too , like me .

He pre ordered the game .
But its his fault he knows the rules , yeah the game maybe gonna suck , but he preordered .

But this is nothing .
The biggest problem is , the poor guy just build a new gaming pc just for he can run Mafia 3 without any issues .

Than this comes up today .

I showed him the news ...

His face like this : Very happy Smile Cautious Sad Crying Evil Impossible Impossible Impossible Impossible

lmao

btw . i think the master race is not going to be okay with this lock
Somebody gonna unlock this , or a patch maybe comin next week .

Update :

https://mafiagame.com/en/news/view/en-mafia-3-a-message-to-our-pc-players/
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

Of course they're gonna fix this "issue", but right now it's a big middle finger to us PC players. They won't see a single cent from me until it's done.

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
MatteoCapoletti

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

I am also a big Mafia fan

but I won't be buying this game, because it has no connection what so ever to Mafia, the Characters are not even mafioso...they just kill them
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276202 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

As I have said previously I have always been
sceptical about Mafia III. And my analysis
of this being primarily a next gen console
game first of all are correct. There was no
dedication to making this primarily a PC
game firstly and then on consoles like
the first game was. There has not been
one preview trailer or a look at any gameplay
on PC either it has been on Xbox360/1 or
PS4... I feared that it would be a port on PC
and it looks like this is the case.

I will not pay for this game in fact I will
wait for someone to crack the DRM and
I will get it by other means as a game
for something to do when I am bored
but as for being part of the Mafia franchise
"Nada Zip!" No no no...don't do that!

Just watched this in your face review of
PC games being locked at 30fps especially
Mafia III by iDocLyfe XII

Freak2121

24 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:43 am    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

Damn, I can barely tolerate 60, let alone 30. I sure hope they fix that since the game seems okay, I might buy it when it goes on sale in like 6 months. Definitely not worth the full price from what I've seen so far.
Mr Robville

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

In general, 60 FPS is a sufficient speed for a PC game to play smoothly. Anything over it can be noticed but in small gradations and depending on the person viewing it. I do however hate 60FPS caps just as much as I hate 30FPS caps for the same reasons I mentioned earlier.

I remember playing Crysis 2 with an FPS lock set at 60. It played fine, but it still felt as if there was some sort of delay. With the FPS cap disabled I played the game between 80 - 130 FPS and Ho Lee Fuk the gameplay felt smooth.

Now that the devs have shown the path they've taken, let's see if they also qualify to the following criteria:
-Disk locked content that you already own but have to pay extra for.
-Game plays sluggish with mouse and keyboard, feels unresponsive and/or has a terrible mouse acceleration built in. But with a controller.....
-No FOV slider or advanced graphics settings.
-A notification that prompts "do not power off your computer while the save icon is shown" which is icing on the consoleport cake.

I also hope someone can make a mod that increases the traffic by 300% New Orleans was at it's peak of population numbers around that era.

Lastly, does anyone else noticed how every single game nowadays has a user interface that looks like a Windows 10 app? Where is the artistic creativity? It's not gamebreaking but come on people. With that big of a budget you sure can do better. Even Mafia 1 had a 1930's-themed UI and menu.

Freak2121

24 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

Do you have a high refresh-rate monitor? Because the difference from 144, or even 120fps to 60 is comparable to 30 and 60. The lowest I can really tolerate is 72fps, if I'm not hitting 72 I either lower my settings or save up for an upgrade and I try to avoid games with 60fps caps...I've been totally spoiled. Laughing
Mr Robville

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

Not sure what mine is, but yeah the experience of FPS is different per monitor as well. Sticking out tongue Not to mention the requirement of Vsync. 9 out of 10 games run horrible with it, and one can't do without it. In fact, Mafia 1 is about the only game where I'm required to use Vsync.

Although the difference between 120 (or above) FPS and 60 is noticeable, the magnitude is of course less as our perception of framerate decreases exponentially. E.G. a difference between 1 - 5 FPS is a difference between night and day while 60 - 65 FPS would require quite some attention to notice any slight difference.
But then again, if one extra framerate allows the game to sync up with the monitor's refresh rate, then the effect is of course far more noticeable as certain artifacts disappear.

huckleberrypie

279 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

The framerate problems are even more evident if you run it off something like a 750Ti. And that's despite the fact that some games seem to run happily on such hardware even with the liberal use of physically based materials and so on.

I'm not going to be sour at 2K or H13 this time like what I did with the last game, but still, why oh why do they have to screw things up again? Corporate types sure like to shoot themselves in the foot over and over I guess... :/

Oh and guess what? The game still uses the SDS format for its archives, but it appears to be somewhat different as it uses ZLIB for compression.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276202 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

Now we know why 2K (publishers) refused to issue
reviews copies for the official critics. Usually I would
ignore so called professional/official critics but in
this instance I think they would be right if this quote
from this gen gaming is anything to go by.

Quote:
Itís unfortunate to say, but there will be no
pre-release review of Mafia III at ThisGenGaming
or any other site as 2K will not be sending out
review copies until launch. Thereís no exact reason
why this has happened but many feel itís because
the game will be negatively received by critics.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 3 Game All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: