FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaminsky

150 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UdSpFXz8Q4

"I'm putting my self into cryogenic freeze until October 7th. Goodbye world." Applause

Mafia 3 NEW 20 min GAMEPLAY !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZBkmsd24lI

Btw title misleading , its more like 5-10 min gameplay , well my first thoughts.

Car physics sucks like the first alpha gameplay .
I like these new action moves . btw the stealth type moves looks good too .
another thing that i don't like ..

so you can look through walls and find the enemies ... like seriously guys WTF is this ? Hitman or something ?

dammnn i want to buy this game but this new gameplay got me like ... hell no this is not Mafia ...

Im happy to see the new Mafia world but i worried about it . Pls don't fail ...

What do you guys think ? Smile

I have merged your posts as they are well under 1 hour let alone 2 hours apart.
Muggy (MS Staff)
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276123 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

I can't really comment on the physics engine
as this trailer and new gameplay video are
based on consoles (Xbox One or PS4 can't tell)

Once a demo run on PC is shown it would be
interesting to see if the car handling would be
different.. which is why I really hope they don't
make the PC version a console port but a dedicate
optimization for PC. As the car movements I see
atm they are somewhat jagged and arcade.

Also one thing that puts me off in a lot of other
games that use them; floating markers. I hope
again that there will be the option to turn these
off and if wanted, also the HUD.

Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255728 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

Just watched both videos.

The trailer itself is fantastic and got me a bit hyped again.... until they showed the "PRE PURCHASE NOW AND GET THE BLABLABLA DLC!!!!11!11!"

Why stupid greed damnit! Mad
Mark my words, it's disk locked content that's already on the DVD, like Mafia 2 had. This pisses me off beyond belief. And stupid people keep falling for these evil practises.

And then I saw the gameplay. Obviously it was played on a console, because we all know Mafia was a solid console franchise. (that's sarcastic). So I smell a horrible PC port coming. Why? Well, the developers already matched several criteria of the generic AAA developer rank:
-Day one DLC
-Eagle eye vision (because people are too stupid to think and anticipate otherwise)
-Showing only console footage
-Casual gameplay with markers and "one-button-presses-all" mechanics

-Releasing console versions before PC version
-Season passes

Just wait for the last 2 criteria to be matched and we have ourselves a generic AAA game. I better hope I'm wrong, but it sure looks like I'm right.

Hiding the Thompson, shotgun and sniper behind DLC is unforgiving and these practices should seize to exist since it's ruining gaming. It's content cut from the full game just to gain an extra profit because gullible people buy it.
Anyone arguing against this I would recommend watching this video from WorthABuy: https://youtu.be/-ideFbTcpy4?t=5m17s
I skipped to the related part but I think all three videos in full are worth to watch for any gamer. It may be eye opening to some.

Anyway, seeing this hints, I want to request one thing to everyone on Mafiascene:

DO. NOT. PRE. PURCHASE.

Seriously don't. Wait for unbiased reviews to come out first (so avoid IGN like the plague) but don't give in to this pre-purchase bullshit. If you do, you only support this day one DLC nonsense.
It's only a day's waiting to find out if the game is trash or not.

www.Robville.net
MatteoCapoletti

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:11 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

I will not be buying this game at all. I was very disappointed in Mafia 2 because it did not measure up to Mafia Lost Heaven. I have since come to appreciate the game on its own merits. But this game, you aren't even mafia. Whats the point
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276123 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:18 am    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

"It's just money grabbing..."

DLC content as the guys were discussing on Worth a Buy
is fine if made after a game has been released e.g. Fallout
3 being a good example (sorry for going OT).

Once again as in Mafia II we were lied to when told
nothing was going to be removed only to discover
the game was cut drastically - OK I too appreciated
the game for what it was, but I do not have it installed
on my PC atm.

I am not going to rush to buy NOT Mafia III
well not until I hear what the normal gamer especially
PC say.. as another genre of game I may but tbth definitely
not a true addition to the Mafia franchise.

*I hope they don't make Mafia IV well not unless
it incorporates the Sicilian Mob perhaps during the
1970s-80s maybe.*

Mr Robville

255728 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

Although I do find the storyline itself sound interesting with the change of perspective (it's not like they discard the Italian mob), I do have big concerns about the whole business direction of the game.

Exactly what the guys in the video or Muggy pointed out. DLC after a game's release is perfectly fine like they did with Fallout 4. Expansion packs have been there since the dawn of gaming. But day one DLC simply means they tear apart an already complete game purely for profit because they know there are enough stupid people who fall for it. It's like buying a car and finding out that the headlights, handbrake, trunk and mirrors are missing and sold separately. "But the car works right?" Yeah it does, but in what frigging state?

I'm thinking of posting a news item on the main page to spread the word a bit. Of course not many people visit MS nowadays, but if we can make 10 people change their mind about pre-ordering and day one DLC, then we've taken 10 people from their falsely earned profit.
Any word spreading at all is good. With a bit of luck, more people come to visit this place as the game comes closer. Hopefully it sends a message.

www.Robville.net
Zsolti

124 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

Guess that's 2K's trend now.

I'm not worried at all.
MurderInc

73 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

I would have been more happy if this was Goodfellas 60's/70's/80's, not a crappy Driver: Bayou.

Look at what Hitman peeps got for their money: http://www.amazon.com/Hitman-Collectors-Edition-PlayStation-4/dp/B019WVLATM

What do we get? A Vinyl disc hardly anyone can play?

Quote:
"one-button-presses-all" mechanics

I'm playing the opposite to that at the moment, and it's just as crap - AC Syndicate.

Button for this, a button for that, a button to climb up, a button to climb down, and the worst part is not every button can be remapped!

I went out and bought a new keyboard, because I wanted something with more keys and a backlight, the included remapping software is a godsend!
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1254 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

It seems to me almost every game company (indies excluded) have taken this stupid path of delivering their games. And I used to think "2K" was still cool. Boy, how wrong I was.
lostinmafia_heavenMS

155 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

I hate this approach just as much as the next guy, but I'm still really excited for this one, I mean games rarely gets me excited anymore so this is definitely a breath of fresh air.

Oct 7'th is so far away..
MurderInc

73 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:30 am    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

How can you seriously make claims like that about your game when the footage indicates otherwise?

driving:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUwS-tXTmSo
Hunter

1511 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

Ah, I'm reminded of the pre order version of Human Revolution (no I did not buy that game Sticking out tongue) which gives you exclusive weapons and a pile of money, in case you don't want to play the game like regular poor folk going through side quests. Sarcastic Searing game review in progress...

The physics look interesting, graphics great of course, but it does look very arcadey. Remember all those reviews of MAFIA criticizing the "slow cars you're forced to use." That was the gameplay, experiencing "history" as the game portrays it, working your way up to different, better cars. If you started off with fast cars and only got new models of equally fast cars in other missions, you miss half the fun of driving and working your way up in the world.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276123 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

Mr Robville said on the news item something along the lines of
"content that is already locked in the game"
(not quoting directly) but hope you get my drift.
- In Mafia there was "content" locked which you already
paid for. In order to unlock these you had to progress
in the game to certain levels. If you played following
the procedure of the story and OK yes it may not
seem like DLC's but then again code that was already
locked in Mafia II should have been similar that is you
should have been able to unlock extra content by
progressing.. but NO that was not good enough for
the profit-mongers, so they made you pay extra for
what was already in the game. The same is going
to happen with Mafia III.

lostinmafia_heavenMS

155 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

New stuff.. Damn I've missed Vito.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3DaHzBcdQk
huckleberrypie

255 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay tra Reply with quote

MurderInc wrote:
Quote:
"one-button-presses-all" mechanics

I'm playing the opposite to that at the moment, and it's just as crap - AC Syndicate.

Button for this, a button for that, a button to climb up, a button to climb down, and the worst part is not every button can be remapped!

I went out and bought a new keyboard, because I wanted something with more keys and a backlight, the included remapping software is a godsend!

There's QWOP, and then there's this. Oversimplifying things just takes the challenge off the game and is a guaranteed cash grab on part of the devs. :/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 3 Game All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: