FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostinmafia_heavenMS

192 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsEd0I4Ijec
lostinmafia_heavenMS

192 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

Been getting into the M3 soundtrack, and it's going to be great like we're used to from previous titles. Might just end up being my favorite soundtrack.

The hype is definitely real and at it's peak, been playing a ton of MAFIA1-2 and GTA during this wait.

So who's getting M3 day one?
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255856 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

I wouldn't get too much into the hype if I were you. As long as there's no independent gameplay footage, we know nothing about how the game will play. (or if it will even run without 20 crashes per hour, nudge nudge, console port)
Recent prime example No Man's Sky. See what kind of effect the hype had on that game and everyone who were anxiously waiting for it.

I'll most likely buy it, but not on day one. I can wait a day for the first reviews to come up if it saves me 50,-. If there are any shady practises, it will be usually exposed day one. And I would recommend other people doing that as well. It might save you the disappointment.

And as for that pre-order dlc, like I said, it's most likely already on the disk as it would otherwise be too much trouble for the developer to distribute seperately, so I'll give it a week or two before the first modder unlocks it. Anyway, I'm always wary of developers who pull stuff like this and till this day I've never regretted I never pre-ordered a game or neither bought one on day one since Mass Effect 3.

That said, I'm still looking forward to it. At least the people involved with the artwork and city design seem to do a really cool job at it. I hope they won't cut any content they are showing now.

www.robville.net
lostinmafia_heavenMS

192 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

I'm not expecting M3 to be as good as 1 or even 2. I know I will enjoy it and everything else is just a bonus.

M3 will have the same mixed reviews like 2 did, maybe a bit more positive because of the open world aspect. Won't change my opinion though. Wink

What I look forward to after release is seeing if the community changes their views on MAFIA 2, which was mostly 'negative'.

For anyone still wondering, Joe's fate will be explained in the game.
Mr Robville

255856 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

True that Smile Though with Mafia 2 I neither got much into the hype and for me it was an enjoyable game, and I certainly hope M3 will be too.

I just hope the game doesn't fall victim for corporate greed like so many AAA games do nowadays. It's been ages since I've bought a AAA game. Many I don't even consider worth pirating.

So I'm not sure how to feel about it. On one hand, the city looks great, the storyline is bold and sounds interesting, the timeline is cool and I'm glad they've included Vito. On the other hand, X ray vision?! Day one DLC?! Arcady Michael Bay car physics?! Are they serious?

www.robville.net
lostinmafia_heavenMS

192 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

I hear you, the x ray vision was a huge wtf moment and feels way out of place.

Lets hope they make these optional, pretty sure the x ray is a perk you're given by Cassandra.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

277790 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:15 am    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

Guess I have to appear as at least doing my job Laughing

Anyway folks...thought I would scour the intrawebs
for anything new on Mafia III and found some news
on the official Mafia III game site..

Apparently they are now offering some freebies
plus some story extensions.

Free Character Outfits
Free Weapons
Free Races
Free Vehicle Customization

More Stories from New Bordeaux (Paid Content)

You can read about them by clicking the link below
A Look at the Post Release Content

Kaminsky

160 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfnDtI5H9Ow

So

Here we go guys .. Shocked
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

277790 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

it is so GTAish only watched about 1 minutes
and that was enough for me. Still not impressed.

Feetlebaum

31 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

It reminds me of The Godfather video games, with its execution animations and shakedown/interrogation meters and territory management...

Hangar 13 is taking a page from EA games.

If the driving is like Mafia II I will still have fun just cruising around the map and taking in the world.
Mr Robville

255856 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

From the bits I've seen, I think they've completely disregarded the driving of Mafia 2. Just count the amount of times you hear wheels slip. With every little nudge of acceleration or braking you can hear the tires schreetching which just shows that the driving is indeed programmed for this "action hero nutcase" kind of game. In M2, no matter the power of the car, you could always drive it slow if you wanted to to cruise around while acting like a maniac. Also notice how the camera pans immediately for every little corner he takes as if the game expects every turn to be taken at 200 MPH.

Don't believe what any streamer says about how well the cars handle if the damn guy is flown into their studio. They are obviously bound by contract to only say nice things about the game. That's not some conspiracy theory, it's a known fact.

www.robville.net
Feetlebaum

31 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

Don't forget that Mafia 2 had two driving modes to choose from. And to be honest, even when in simulation mode, tapping the keys, or "feathering" the pedals would still result in short skidmarks that looked like dittos, like this " "

or perhaps I'm a bad driver Oops!

I went back to play it just now and it is what I remember. But something else happened too. I crashed into the side of a tunnel and immediately died at the wheel! From full health! Now that's something I don't see in Mafia 3. Realism. A high speed collision is likely to put the engine in your lap or a steering column in your chest. That's Vito "Vulnerable" Scaletta.

Meanwhile, Lincoln "Invincible" Clay can apparently "turn his car into a weapon" with a move called "Torpedo" where we leaps out of a speeding car, gun at the ready, while his unoccupied vehicle goes barreling towards any other cars in the way, crashing into them and making them explode. Just like that.

I didn't know cars in the '50s & '60s were painted with SULFUR AND PHOSPHOROUS.

I just hope there is an option for driving modes. Physics based driving and their Hollywood Action driving. And I'm waiting to see what people say about Mafia 3 in review of it here on this forum.
Mr Robville

255856 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

I fully agree. Coming to think of it, I remember the first gameplay trailers of M2 which also made me quite skeptical on how the driving was gonna end up. I sure as hell hope my guts are wrong again this time.

On PC's it's hard to get an analog feel to a binary keyboard. The car either accellerates or it doesn't. But even still, unless you got the car tuned, it always pulled up nicely if you tabbed it or pressed W in short intervals. Same goes for the brakes, they only started slipping about a second after holding down the s key.
And, they've cleverly thought of the limiter button which not only enforces the speed limit, it also makes the car drive less aggressive. So if the player wanted to cruise around they could enable that feature by pressing "L".

And you're on the money regarding realism as far as I've seen from the gameplay images.
I drive a car from 69 myself and let me tell you, cars from those days were built to drive, not to crash. If I'm ever in a frontal collision with it they'll have to use my dental records to identify the remains. My lungs would be impaled by the steering collumn, my knees would be stuck between the dasboard switches and my head would be kissing the hood ornament if I had any.

And no way that my car would handle so "responsive" like you can see in that footage as if it lacks any weight. Even classic american cars weren't designed to act like Bugatti Veyron's in a mountain rally despite their V8's.

It's a game of course, and for the sake of gameplay, some realism needs to be tuned down. But a torpedo mode and every single car tumbling 3 times in the air ending up in a huge fireball is downright the extreme of it.

www.robville.net
kbiggs

26 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay tra Reply with quote

Feetlebaum wrote:
I just hope there is an option for driving modes.

There will be "normal" and "simulation" modes for driving, just like in Mafia 2. This article here answers a lot of the questions people have had. (Now I think there are mild, MILD, spoilers on the second page so BEWARE.) The cars do feel heavy according to many who have been able to try it.

However, unfortunately, it does appear that gasoline won't be a factor anymore Crying apparently cut for pacing reasons and for not being noticed according to the developers. Though I only had to fill up once in Mafia 2 and not at all in Lost Heaven it was still a nice feature to have. Having to perform the mundane tasks of everyday life alongside killing sprees and car chases made those games charming in a way.
Mr Robville

255856 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

Just a few more days folks until it comes out. Very happy
I'm eager to buy it as it would be a nice start of the weekend but I must force myself to wait for a few independent reviews first. Youtube is already ridden with Let's play's weirdly enough. I've never seen a yet-to-be-released game be revealed so much before any real gamer can touch it. Pretty much the whole plot has already been revealed into detail.

We'll see. Let's hope the honest reviews are quick. Obviously IGN will rate it a 9.6 out of 10 or something as a reward for an executive holiday on Ibiza.

www.robville.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 3 Game All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: