FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255856 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay tra Reply with quote

lostinmafia_heavenMS wrote:
New stuff.. Damn I've missed Vito.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3DaHzBcdQk

Now this video I found genuinely awesome. I'm glad they showed more of the game's atmosphere which might make up for some of that Hollywood nonsense. I think I also noticed the tire sagging that M2 had. I hope I've seen it right. One of those small details I really appreciated and which added to the immersion.

www.robville.net
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

277790 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay tra Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:

Now this video I found genuinely awesome. I'm glad they showed more of the game's atmosphere which might make up for some of that Hollywood nonsense. I think I also noticed the tire sagging that M2 had. I hope I've seen it right. One of those small details I really appreciated and which added to the immersion.

This is what frustrates me; some good footage and atmosphere
but then out of curiosity I look at the pre-purchase on Steam
and there is that irksome "pre-order pack".

Why can't they just cater to the gamer and not to their pockets?

Mr Robville

255856 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

Yeah, if anything this game delivers me double feelings. On one hand you see great footage like this and a hint that the devs are putting effort in a serious storyline and atmosphere. Then on the other hand you see that crap about pre-DLC's and unrealistic Michael Bay nonsense. I just hope the good will weigh out the bad in the end.

I think I mentioned it earlier, the DLC is probably already installed, only requiring unlocking like M2 had. So it's only a matter of time before a modder can save you ten bucks. Smile

www.robville.net
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

277790 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay tra Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
...So it's only a matter of time before a modder can save you ten bucks. Smile

Problem is, this is Hangar13 part of 2K not Bethesda who
actually encourage modding - mind you if H13 and 2K
do not discourage modding maybe, just maybe...

Naaah! hope someone manages to break the code and
just mod regardless whether the devs/publishers give
go ahead or not.

in two minds about this game still.

huckleberrypie

332 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay tra Reply with quote

Muggy wrote:
Mr Robville wrote:

This is what frustrates me; some good footage and atmosphere
but then out of curiosity I look at the pre-purchase on Steam
and there is that irksome "pre-order pack".

Why can't they just cater to the gamer and not to their pockets?

Blame it on the investors and Take-Two themselves being the Ubisoft-esque fat cats that they are today.

But hey, while I didn't exactly approve of the overuse of "detective vision" as popularised by the likes of Batman: Arhkam and Hitman Absolution, I still have high hopes over the game as well, besides Vito being onboard as a supporting character.
Mr Robville

255856 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:44 am    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

With M2, the first DLC's were unlocked within the first few weeks if I remember correctly. Stuff like that is usually peanuts for Czech or Russian programmers.
If it's the same engine that M2 used, I give it less than a week before any shady practices come to light that may be hidden beneath the code.

Only thing that concerns me is that Steam no longer allows you to disable updating of games. So the devs could always undo such modding changes with each update they launch.
Steam already broke my Fallout game multiple times because some update broke all the mods. There's no way to circumvent this. Bastards.

And yeah, forced in or not, I like seeing Vito again after having played M2 countless of times. I don't get the vibe yet that he's just a quick programming job for marketing purposes, even if that would be their initial intent.
Funny btw, he's the only guy who is involved with all 3 Mafia games.

www.robville.net
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1292 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay tra Reply with quote

I'm quite positive about this game, especially after this last video. Really nice to see that they are trying to give us a decent story at least. And seeing Vito being a part of the game just adds to the anticipation of M3.

P.S. Maybe I overlooked something, but... I wonder, what about Joe's whereabouts? Laughing
Freak2121

24 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:57 am    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

The driving in that 20 minute gameplay video looked a lot better than what they had shown before, and the atmosphere and gunplay look fairly solid. Still, I'm just going to wait and see, I'm very cautious after what 2K did with Mafia 2.
I sure hope they don't screw this one up too, and really, all they would need to do to make the driving not look terrible is make the wheels not instantly snap back to center once you let go of the stick/key. Perhaps that could be done with modding.
Sliderv2

703 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1292 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

Yes, it would also be extremely cool if they made steering wheel support. I'd love that. But I guess they'd just tell me "keep on dreaming you random one in a million gamer"...
Johncena1

169 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay tra Reply with quote

linukkis wrote:
Yes, it would also be extremely cool if they made steering wheel support. I'd love that. But I guess they'd just tell me "keep on dreaming you random one in a million gamer"...

When I got a steering wheel I spent so much time on Mafia 1 just driving around with it. I could have sworn I managed to get it working on Mafia 2 aswell, maybe I'm wrong.

linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1292 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:44 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

Yeah, it works with Mafia 2. All you gotta do is download the xbox 360 controller emulator if I remember correctly and calibrate your buttons.

I spent hours driving around Empire Bay. To tell you the truth, for me the wheel in M2 feels even better than in M1.

In any case, I would probably not play either of those two games without the wheel anymore. It's just so much fun! Laughing

P.S. Sorry for going off-topic. I just wonder if there will be a way to use this gadget with M3 as well Thinking
huckleberrypie

332 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay tra Reply with quote

linukkis wrote:
Yeah, it works with Mafia 2. All you gotta do is download the xbox 360 controller emulator if I remember correctly and calibrate your buttons.

I spent hours driving around Empire Bay. To tell you the truth, for me the wheel in M2 feels even better than in M1.

In any case, I would probably not play either of those two games without the wheel anymore. It's just so much fun! Laughing

P.S. Sorry for going off-topic. I just wonder if there will be a way to use this gadget with M3 as well Thinking

It should work as the game (presumably) uses Xinput anyway.
MurderInc

73 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay tra Reply with quote

Freak2121 wrote:
what 2K did with Mafia 2

https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?91409-Something-for-Relight
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

277790 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject: Mafia 3 New Trailer & Release Date!/new gameplay trailer Reply with quote

OK!

that's enough about what went wrong
with Mafia II unfortunately we can't
turn the clock back and tell the devs
and publishers to change it.

Back on topic please about the
trailer / release; and anything else
pertaining to Mafia III

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 3 Game All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: