FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

MWE help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Tools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
addx_2015

126 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: MWE help Reply with quote

Hy ! Very happy
Please someone tell me how to import ,or open buildings ( like saliery bar ,or others,from missions)that it's not in scene2.bin in a new map.....
-And that option from MWE "extract" what it is mean?
Thanks . Salute
MatteoCapoletti

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: MWE help Reply with quote

The short answer is, you can't.

But someone did the next best thing, Golod made a mod called Citybars mods that in effect opens up all those places and more,

I made an odd on to it to allow you to play it at night so the open areas are available, day and night

and I am currently and again working on a populated version of both.

These are both available in the down load section.

The game did it this way to reduce the complexity of the world

if you want to open up the real places, you need to do it like the game does it, make it a load to. which is easy enough to do.
ASM.

185 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:19 pm    Post subject: MWE help Reply with quote

addx_2015 wrote:

Please someone tell me how to import ,or open buildings ( like saliery bar ,or others,from missions)that it's not in scene2.bin in a new map.....

To elaborate on MatteoCapoletti's post, to import an interior into another mission you have to

• extract the base geometry and sectors from the interior mission's scene.4ds and either put them into a dedicated model file or import them into your target mission's scene.4ds
  • extract props from the interior mission's scene2.bin. One could use DC||ED, DNCextractor or Scene2.bin Manager for that.
  • extract collision data from the interior mission's tree.klz
  • possibly extract path data from the interior mission's road.bin/check.bin/clusters.seg, depending on what exactly you want to do with the interior

All of that is perfectly possible, the problem however is that there're barely any tools to automate that process (AFAIK) with exception to the scene2.bin part, so you're in for a lot of manual work. What's not helping either is the fact that many interiors are relocated, i.e. the coordinate system is offset compared to the corresponding mesto mission. In order to properly import these interiors, you have to apply that offset to everything, geometry, collision data, paths, sectors, younameit.

That being said I second Matteo's assessment that it's currently easier to either use CityBars or to switch missions.

addx_2015 wrote:

-And that option from MWE "extract" what it is mean?

The Extract option allows to extract individual files from mounted DTAs. It presents a text box where you can type in/paste the relative path of the file you want to extract (for example missions\freeride\tree.klz). MWE then checks if the file exists and, if so, shows a Save As dialog to specify the path where to extract the file to.

The feature was only really added to aid development so I could extract select files for research purposes without unpacking DTAs as a whole. Mafia Data Extractor is unfortunately lacking such an option. Its usefulness is admittedly hampered a bit by the fact that it doesn't provide a listing of available files which is due to the rw_data API not providing functions for that.
addx_2015

126 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: MWE help Reply with quote

Thank you for answer Salute
Melhior

21 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: MWE help Reply with quote

Hello. Someone can give information about the flags collision?
ASM.

185 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: MWE help Reply with quote

Melhior wrote:
Hello. Someone can give information about the flags collision?

Flags are discussed briefly in Collision Model Editing.txt that ships with the editor. They're basically switches that allow you to specify certain properties of the primitive. I know of two flags:

• 2: Used to make destructible road signs. Upon high speed impact (i.e. >= 20kph), the game looks for a cache.bin road sign instance within a certain radius around the primitive, turns that instance into a physics entity and deactivates the primitive. If there're multiple instances, it picks the one that is closest to the primitive. If there's no cache.bin road sign instance around, primitives with that flag set behave like regular primitives with the only difference that they become penetrable at certain speeds. I guess the list of supported road sign models is hardcoded in the exe.
  • 64: Allows bullets to penetrate the primitive. Used for some fences for example.

I've also seen flag 8 in the wild, but I currently have no idea what it does.

You can set multiple flags by adding their numeric values. 66 for example sets flag 2 and 64.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Tools All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: