FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Zmodeler cannot load some models, or parts of some models

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Tools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T3mas1

185 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Zmodeler cannot load some models, or parts of some models Reply with quote

Hi! I have got problem with Zmodeler and with some models. I cannot load some models in Zmodeler, or some models will load incompletely.

For example: I need to load one model in Zmodeler. It is huge model devided into many parts (objects), but it will be load incompletely. Many parts (objects) are missing, because the Zmodeler will not load them.

Does anyone know how to fix it?
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

221 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:57 pm    Post subject: Zmodeler cannot load some models, or parts of some models Reply with quote

There're two problems with ZModeler:

First, ZModeler 1 has a fairly low vertices and/or faces limit (IIRC). It's typically sufficient for cars and small scenes, but for anything bigger it simply discards the excess vertices and/or faces (IIRC).

Second, ZModeler's 4DS importer/exporter is very limited. It only supports a fraction of the object types supported by the 4DS format, namely static meshes and dummies. If the filter encounters an object type it doesn't recognize, it simply stops processing the rest of the file.

You could try to open the model in MAX using Mr F.'s 4DS importer.
T3mas1

185 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Zmodeler cannot load some models, or parts of some models Reply with quote

So I tried to run the 4ds plugin in 3ds MAX (2013) and I failed, it just did not work. So I downloaded 3ds MAX 2009 version, but even the program did not start. What?

I have never cared about the 3ds MAX program, I do not know how to work with it. I think it will be faster, when I will stay with Zmodeler and I will re-model things what I need than this.

I was just thinking if is possible to somehow run the bigger models in Zmodeler.

Anyway thank you.
Grzesiu

76 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Zmodeler cannot load some models, or parts of some models Reply with quote

I sense some troubles for me in the future - I'm planning also to edit some models other than cars in Z moddeler :<
What model are you planning to edit ?
ASM.

221 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Zmodeler cannot load some models, or parts of some model Reply with quote

T3mas1 wrote:

So I tried to run the 4ds plugin in 3ds MAX (2013) and I failed, it just did not work. So I downloaded 3ds MAX 2009 version, but even the program did not start. What?

Unfortunately I can't help you with MAX, but I think there're some members here who use it for their modelling needs and could possibly help you there (AsaSK, Mr. Robville maybe?).

T3mas1 wrote:

I have never cared about the 3ds MAX program, I do not know how to work with it. I think it will be faster, when I will stay with Zmodeler and I will re-model things what I need than this.

Depending on what you plan on doing going forward, it might be well worth the investment to learn MAX as it's way more powerful than ZModeler. The learning curve is surely pretty steep, but I could imagine you can be as productive with it once you know your way around it.

T3mas1 wrote:

I was just thinking if is possible to somehow run the bigger models in Zmodeler.

One thing that comes to mind is to split large models into smaller ones by extracting individual objects (or collection of objects) into their own 4DS. To get the model back into the game you could either merge them into a single 4DS again or place an instance of each part via scene2.bin/cache.bin. I can't tell off-hand if there're any tools for splitting/merging 4DS files, though. Maybe djbozkosz's 4DS Manager can do that. There's of course always the option of using a hex editor and doing it by hand, but that's probably somewhat cumbersome.
T3mas1

185 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:11 am    Post subject: Zmodeler cannot load some models, or parts of some models Reply with quote

Grzesiu:

Do not worry, from my personal experience I think that a lot of original models from the game are ok. I have got mainly problem with loading
bigger models, from where I would like to cut out what I need.

ASM.:

Again thank you for your help. Very happy And yeah... I had the same idea with the splitting large models into smaller, but unfortunately I have not found this function in the djbozkosz's 4DS Manager.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Tools All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: