FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Cinematic Mafia
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Welcome2Stonia

61 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject: Cinematic Mafia Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I'd like to share a little something that I am currently working on if you don't mind Smile

Some background:

Mafia has always been one of my favorite games... Having suffering from a mild Fallout-addiction (in a good sense, ofc.) lately, I decided that now would be a perfect time to meet an old friend again. Having only played the vanilla game before, I decided to search for mods to improve the looks and feel of the game. Unfortunately I couldn't find any mods to actually improve the gameplay aspect of the game in an authentic way, but I did find a number of decent mods to enhance the graphics of the game a bit, most of which are from the Mafia Scene website Smile In fact, the result was so good that it gave me an idea to make a "modded playthrough" series to YouTube. From there, the idea evolved further: I decided I'd try to make the whole "cinematic" - to give it a movie-like pace and feel in order to even further emphasize the story aspect of the game.

Completed Episodes:

Full YouTube Playlist

Cinematic Mafia E01: "An Offer You Can't Refuse"

Cinematic Mafia E02: "Running Man"

Cinematic Mafia E03: "Molotov Party"

Cinematic Mafia E04: "Ordinary Routine"

Cinematic Mafia E05: "Fairplay"

Cinematic Mafia E06: "Sarah"

Cinematic Mafia E07: "Better Get Used To It"

Cinematic Mafia E08: "The Whore & The Priest"

Cinematic Mafia E09: "A Trip To The Country"

Cinematic Mafia E10: "Omerta"

Cinematic Mafia E11: "Visiting Rich People"

Cinematic Mafia E12: "Great Deal!"

Cinematic Mafia E13: "Bon Appétit!"

Cinematic Mafia E14: "Happy Birthday!"

Cinematic Mafia E15: "You Lucky Bastard!"

Cinematic Mafia E16: "Crème De La Crème"

Cinematic Mafia E17: "Election Campaign"

More episodes coming soon

More details about the mods and the soundtrack used can be found in the descriptions of the videos.

Any feedback, suggestions or constructive criticism is very welcome.

I would also like to say a big thank you to all the modders who have worked hard to improve the game for all of us!

Thanks for reading and I hope you all enjoy the videos!

Last edited by Welcome2Stonia on Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:21 pm; edited 18 times in total
Welcome2Stonia

61 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Cinematic Mafia Reply with quote

Episode 3 is now online: Cinematic Mafia E03: "Molotov Party"

Episode 4 coming soon Cool shades
Welcome2Stonia

61 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Cinematic Mafia Reply with quote

Another episode is up: Cinematic Mafia E04: "Ordinary Routine"

I was a little worried about how well I can edit the action scenes, but I think the end result came out pretty nice
lostinmafia_heavenMS

157 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Cinematic Mafia Reply with quote

Let me just tell you I'm watching this, so keep it up!

I've ofc seen this play out many times before, point is your enthusiasm for the game rubs off and I hope it will spread out for newcomers of mafia to see.

Never will there be enough MAFIA content out there, so again, keep it up and it will catch on with people.

Special game isn't it Very happy
Welcome2Stonia

61 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Cinematic Mafia Reply with quote

lostinmafia_heavenMS wrote:
Let me just tell you I'm watching this, so keep it up!

I've ofc seen this play out many times before, point is your enthusiasm for the game rubs off and I hope it will spread out for newcomers of mafia to see.

Thanks for the encouraging words Smile

Never will there be enough MAFIA content out there, so again, keep it up and it will catch on with people.

Yeah, one of the reasons I'm doing this is to (hopefully) introduce the game to the new(er) generation of gamers as it seems to me that Mafia is one of the most criminally underrated games of all times.

Special game isn't it Very happy

Oh yes Very happy
Welcome2Stonia

61 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Cinematic Mafia Reply with quote

*drumroll*

... and here is the infamous racing mission: Cinematic Mafia E05: "Fairplay"

I'm usually not the type to brag but... I did complete the race in the first try Wink
Welcome2Stonia

61 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Cinematic Mafia Reply with quote

Happy Valentine's Day everyone Wink

It is only right that I publish this episode today: Cinematic Mafia E06: "Sarah"

Some video game romance into this romantic day Smile
Welcome2Stonia

61 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject: Cinematic Mafia Reply with quote

It's been awhile, but the next episode is finally ready for public exposure:

Cinematic Mafia E07: "Better Get Used To It"

Next episode coming soon Wink
Neutral

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

288 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:42 am    Post subject: Cinematic Mafia Reply with quote

I enjoyed watching the great videos. When will this great old game will not run on new PCs, then these videos will help to nostalgia for us. The mafia is a great interactive film that really impresses. Applause
Welcome2Stonia

61 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Cinematic Mafia Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:
I enjoyed watching the great videos. When will this great old game will not run on new PCs, then these videos will help to nostalgia for us. The mafia is a great interactive film that really impresses. Applause

Thumbs up (left) Mafia shall live forever!

...and here's the next episode as well: Cinematic Mafia E08: "The Whore & The Priest" Wink
Welcome2Stonia

61 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Cinematic Mafia Reply with quote

The spring is approaching, the snow is melting and mother nature is starting to awake from hibernation once again... This may be an appropriate time to take "a trip to the country" Wink

Edit: BTW, the ReShade effect is making the dark really dark in this game. This does not bother me while playing/recording the episodes because, well, darkness IRL is really darkness if you get what I'm saying... But let me know how this looks on your computer/televison/phone/tablet screens. If you guys think it is too dark then I can try exchanging the ReShade palette to the "natural" version, which does not make the dark that dark...
Welcome2Stonia

61 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject: Cinematic Mafia Reply with quote

Tenth episode is now up: Cinematic Mafia E10: "Omerta" Wink
Zsolti

126 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Cinematic Mafia Reply with quote

What's the texture mod? Kinda want to throw that on my Mafia Very happy

Also, I like the videos.
Welcome2Stonia

61 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Cinematic Mafia Reply with quote

Zsolti wrote:
What's the texture mod? Kinda want to throw that on my Mafia Very happy

Also, I like the videos.

Full list of used mods:

ReShade 1.1.0 with Cinematic Excellence ReShade Presets (for Fallout 4): Cinematic preset, Medium sharpening
Footpaths and Roads Mod
Mafia Trees Project
New Buildings by DonMateo07PL v.8s
Sans Radar
Optimized Mafia
Hunter

1553 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:43 am    Post subject: Cinematic Mafia Reply with quote

I checked out one of your videos regarding retexturing, and I do like the general appearance; I still think the textures are one of MAFIA's weakest areas...there is so little interesting detail, and so much copying and pasting. It is the game showing its age, the developers showing their limits.

Anyway, point of my comment is, I see you've got the curséd road filtering thing going on. I asked all the mod people numerous times how to get the road lines in AF because they look horrible and incongrous with the draw distance. What I can say is I loaded Mugshot's "optimized Mafia" and something he did fixed it (I think that was it?? Or maybe some weird planetary alignment of graphics settings; I haven't established the why). I have other thoughts about that particular modification which I will share later, but, um, those roads man. *squint*

Or is that deliberate? It can't be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: