FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Who uses 3DS Max to make models for their Mafia mods?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Tools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

7696 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject: Who uses 3DS Max to make models for their Mafia mods? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I was just wondering who among us uses the software 3DS Max to create models and scenery for Mafia, I know there are others who use Cinema 4D, Blender, Zmodeler, etc Smile

The official Mafioso Mod thread
huckleberrypie

253 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Who uses 3DS Max to make models for their Mafia mods? Reply with quote

AsaSK wrote:
Hi all,

I was just wondering who among us uses the software 3DS Max to create models and scenery for Mafia, I know there are others who use Cinema 4D, Blender, Zmodeler, etc Smile

I use it most of the time as you may know, particularly when I converted a weapon back in 2012.
AsaSK

7696 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:42 pm    Post subject: Who uses 3DS Max to make models for their Mafia mods? Reply with quote

Ah okay huckleberry, I knew you used something but for some reason I didn't think it was MAX Smile

huckleberrypie

253 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: Who uses 3DS Max to make models for their Mafia mods? Reply with quote

AsaSK wrote:
Ah okay huckleberry, I knew you used something but for some reason I didn't think it was MAX Smile

I did use ZM1 before, but that was for my gun mod to display properly ingame, along with some muzzle flash fix tool whose name I forgot.
AsaSK

7696 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Who uses 3DS Max to make models for their Mafia mods? Reply with quote

huckleberrypie wrote:
AsaSK wrote:

I did use ZM1 before, but that was for my gun mod to display properly ingame, along with some muzzle flash fix tool whose name I forgot.

Yeah I have to do that sometimes as Mr. F's 4DS export script doesn't always work, and I find that many model problems often appear in the transition from program to game anyway.

huckleberrypie

253 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Who uses 3DS Max to make models for their Mafia mods? Reply with quote

AsaSK wrote:
huckleberrypie wrote:
AsaSK wrote:

Yeah I have to do that sometimes as Mr. F's 4DS export script doesn't always work, and I find that many model problems often appear in the transition from program to game anyway.

And I am still waiting for the 4DS format to be thoroughly studied as well. Sure enough, you can get away with re-texturing Tommy, but custom peds for Mafia 1 are long overdue.
AsaSK

7696 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Who uses 3DS Max to make models for their Mafia mods? Reply with quote

huckleberrypie wrote:
AsaSK wrote:
huckleberrypie wrote:
AsaSK wrote:

And I am still waiting for the 4DS format to be thoroughly studied as well. Sure enough, you can get away with re-texturing Tommy, but custom peds for Mafia 1 are long overdue.

I agree, custom human models is a really interesting one - modelling and rigging the same as the Illusion Softworks NPC models doesn't seem to be an issue, but upon export it all goes horribly wrong. I guess one would need the .4ds format to be completely cracked before you were able to perfect a '.4ds exporter' capable of human models. Have you seen Djbozkosz' .4ds specification by the way? (You might need CZ Google Translate for the latter parts)

huckleberrypie

253 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Who uses 3DS Max to make models for their Mafia mods? Reply with quote

Lol do you have any examples of bungled up ped mods? I'm still itching for a custom character or two you know. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Tools All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: