FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Problems with starting Mafia

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LegalEagle

13 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:46 pm    Post subject: Problems with starting Mafia Reply with quote

Hi, I saw this forum while I was searching for help because my boxed copy of Mafia doesn't seem to work at all no matter what I do.
I have no idea why, but whether I run it as administrator with or without the compatibility options or turn off fullscreen mode in the setup file, I just can't seem to get it to work! Whenever I run game.exe, it does nothing. It doesn't open at all. All I get is a little loading wheel above my cursor and then a notification that asks me if the program worked, which it didn't. I'm trying to run this game on Windows 10 and I'm very bummed that I can't play it because I just bought it!
Any help at all would be appreciated! Thanks!
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

253 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:00 am    Post subject: Problems with starting Mafia Reply with quote

It's probably a problem with SecuROM. Microsoft ditched support for some deprecated copy protection mechanisms in Windows 10 (see http://www.pcgamer.com/report-games-with-securom-and-safedisc-drm-won't-run-under-windows-10). Try a NoCD crack.
LegalEagle

13 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:29 am    Post subject: Problems with starting Mafia Reply with quote

Thanks for the response.
So I installed this crack after not being able to find a working download anywhere else: Game Fix/ Crack I got the .zip file on WinRaR which contained the new game.exe and something called RDT.nfo. Anyway, I replaced the old game.exe with the one from the file, started the game when all of a sudden it tells me that game.exe is not found. I did it again and again, but the game.exe just kept disappearing whenever I tried to start it..
I'm new to this so I'm not sure what's going on.

Edit: I found another from a Mafia Hungary website and it does the same thing. It's like the replacement game.exe file is appearing and disappearing. Whenever I try to place it back into the Mafia directory, sometimes it works and sometimes it tells me that the file is not there anymore...
PtyIersworId

113 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:39 am    Post subject: Problems with starting Mafia Reply with quote

Reposting this from the Mafia Windows 10 thread in case you didn't see it Thumbs up (left)

Ladislav89 wrote:
Hi, I had the same problem. But then I found a solution. Turn out the antialasing. I don`t know why but after that it works. However doesn`t mather if I put full screen or window mod it`s stay in a window. I tried the Borderless aplication but doesn`t works....
LegalEagle

13 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:43 am    Post subject: Problems with starting Mafia Reply with quote

You mean the Fullscene Anti-aliasing in the setup file? I've always had that off and it still will not work.
AsaSK

8783 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:14 am    Post subject: Problems with starting Mafia Reply with quote

When you say 'it says the file is not there anymore', are you referring to the crack .exe? And what is the error you get that lets you know you know this?

The official Mafioso Mod thread
LegalEagle

13 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject: Problems with starting Mafia Reply with quote

Sorry for the late reply:

Yes, I am referring to the crack itself. The error it gives me is just: "Windows cannot find C;\Program Files\Mafia\game.exe" whenever I try to start the game using the crack. It gives me this error message no matter which crack I used.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276212 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with starting Mafia Reply with quote

LegalEagle wrote:
Sorry for the late reply:

Yes, I am referring to the crack itself. The error it gives me is just: "Windows cannot find C;\Program Files\Mafia\game.exe" whenever I try to start the game using the crack. It gives me this error message no matter which crack I used.

Have you tried right clicking the game.exe on your
desktop and under the tab "shortcut" clicking on
"open file location" does starting the game from
within the installation folder work.

Can you find the game location within the registry?
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Illusion Softworks\Mafia
Mind you if you have the steam version for some
reason the system will say that Mafia is not installed.

If you have a legit PC retail version then there should
be no problem with running the game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia I Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: