FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit ē View your posts ē View unanswered posts

Crash to desktop

View previous topic :: View next topic  
koppaf

4 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:09 am    Post subject: Crash to desktop Reply with quote

Iíve been running into some ctdís (crash to desktop) lately after installing quite some graphics mods and I couldnít fix it.

I capped the framerate at 14 with a 3rd party program and finally I could complete mission 10! But 14 fps is somewhat strange to look at, haha. I also run an ENB (the GTA 4 one I love the most) and the Unlimited Draw Distance (UDD_all) mod.

I tried the 4GB patch for the exe file and disabled Hardware T&L in the setup.exe expert settings but that didnít fix it. These are the mods I have installed:

- Mafia data extractor v1.1
- Mafia retexture pack final version
- ENB series from GTA 4
- William Macau Mafia Mod Nudity
- Characters in HD
- Mafia Trees Project V-3.0
- EvilTag 4.1 patch only
- Sky Pack for Maffia
- Footpath & Road Mod v2.4
- Mafia Car Mod v1.0 beta
- UDD_all : unlimited draw distance

Iím trying to get Mafia to look as good as possible and still have it stable. For now my game seems to run stable again (at 14 fps), but my question is does anyone know what is causing these ctd's?
koppaf

4 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:00 am    Post subject: Crash to desktop Reply with quote

Capping the framerate didn't help. I disabled MSI Afterburner and I used the compatebility setting for Windows XP SP2 and I selected the 'always open as administrator' option and that did the trick! No more CTD's, for now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mod Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: