FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 3 Game
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276202 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom Reply with quote

kbiggs wrote:
This interview came out about a week ago and has lots of interesting info. It's all in Czech, so use translate if you don't know the language Wink

interview already translated for us who speak English Laughing

Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276202 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

Guess I should say something else about the
forthcoming Mafia III game - I still don't like
the way the game is going, but at the same
time on the other hand I will admit to also being
a hypocrite I will still probably buy the game;
mainly because I am curious person. I guess
also that a lot of those who are not happy with
what has happened will still buy it so they can
post on various forums stating how bad it is Laughing

*think about it* Guilty

Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

I actually like what they are doing appart from the couple points I mentioned before. (Michael Bay level over 9000)

It's in our human nature to reject or despise anything that differs from what we are used to or if it conflicts our routines.
We hate new music and keep referring to the good old days, we hate the look of new cars because 'look at the 50's', we hate modern simplistic architecture because "life was cosier back in the days", we name modern cruiseships "floating refrigerators" because "Hey, remember the 1900's?", and so we'll hate Mafia III for not following the Italian Cosa Nostra like we have always seen in the good old days.

I'll give it a shot and I actually look forward to playing it. I'm really curious to see how they are going to take this different view on the whole Mafia thing. It better be good though and not half-assed.

For the record, the Italian Mafia weren't the only Mafia out there. Their golden era from the 1920's only gave them an infamous reputation that is all well known to us. I for one am actually wondering how the other Mafia operated. That's why it's a bold move by 2K to go this direction.

www.Robville.net
huckleberrypie

281 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
I actually like what they are doing appart from the couple points I mentioned before. (Michael Bay level over 9000)

It's in our human nature to reject or despise anything that differs from what we are used to or if it conflicts our routines.
We hate new music and keep referring to the good old days, we hate the look of new cars because 'look at the 50's', we hate modern simplistic architecture because "life was cosier back in the days", we name modern cruiseships "floating refrigerators" because "Hey, remember the 1900's?", and so we'll hate Mafia III for not following the Italian Cosa Nostra like we have always seen in the good old days.

I'll give it a shot and I actually look forward to playing it. I'm really curious to see how they are going to take this different view on the whole Mafia thing. It better be good though and not half-assed.

For the record, the Italian Mafia weren't the only Mafia out there. Their golden era from the 1920's only gave them an infamous reputation that is all well known to us. I for one am actually wondering how the other Mafia operated. That's why it's a bold move by 2K to go this direction.

Yeah, the Michael Bay-esque explosions seem kinda' excessive anyway.

And besides, while most people still long for the Cosa Nostra to star in the third installment, it's about time 2K would pull off a Monty Python and show a different facet of organised crime.
kavi85

133 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

I have seen Mafia-3 vs Gta 5 graphics comparison on Youtube. Well it's look a little bit that Mafia-3 lying down and looks like Godfather 1 while driving etc. But if compared with Human Graphics and pixels, 2K developers done extremely well than Gta 5 team.
Draconian

31 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:48 am    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

Unless Mafia 3 has an unexpectedly amazing story, I foresee the game receiving a lot of 7's from reviewers. A good game, but not great.

Mafia 1 has a Metacritic score of 88.
Mafia 2? 77

I predict the downward trend continues and Mafia 3 will have a Metacritic score around 72.

The series is getting moderately worse with each successive title.

A lot of people were unhappy with Mafia 2, and if the Steam forums and Youtube comments are any indication, people are also unhappy with how Mafia 3 is taking shape.
Mr Robville

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

With only one sequel it is hard to conclude a downward spiral in my opinion.
Should they learn from their previous mistakes, there is no reason for this game to be average.
Besides, I personally find Mafia 2 underrated. Sure, the amount of cut content is terrifying and the disk locked content unforgivable, but the game itself is still very solid, the engine great, and vehicle behaviour damn fantastic.

www.Robville.net
huckleberrypie

281 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
With only one sequel it is hard to conclude a downward spiral in my opinion.
Should they learn from their previous mistakes, there is no reason for this game to be average.
Besides, I personally find Mafia 2 underrated. Sure, the amount of cut content is terrifying and the disk locked content unforgivable, but the game itself is still very solid, the engine great, and vehicle behaviour damn fantastic.

Though I still wish that the 3D file formats for both Mafia I and II would be fully reverse-engineered. Sure, we can shove in cars and whatnot into the original, but we still don't have proper ped mods yet, and it's even more so with Mafia II. But I do agree that the story was still engaging even if 2K screwed up with how they marketed it.
Draconian

31 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:38 am    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

I hope I'm wrong and Mafia 3 becomes a smashing success. I don't want the third game to be the last in the series, and for Mafia 4 and 5 to happen, Mafia 3 needs to be good.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276202 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:30 am    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

This topic is now a sticky! Smile

As for how Mafia III actually turns out; well only
time can tell. Thinking

AsaSK

8763 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:41 am    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

My thoughts almost entirely summarised in an article: Why Mafia III should have stayed in the archives

The official Mafioso Mod thread
MatteoCapoletti

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom Reply with quote

Muggy wrote:
Rather disappointed with Mafia III game having
seen some game footage via Gamescom. You
don't get to play as an Italian (Sicilian) Mobster
and looks rather cheaply made with cars exploding
too easily and no real linear storyline - but they
have until next year to release it (Hangar 13)..
I will withhold further comments until the game
comes out.

I was hoping that Mafia III would continue with
Cosa Nostra in the 60s and 70s

@Sliderv2: I may be wrong but I don't think you
get to play as Vito as the main protagonist is
called Lincoln Clay. Unless they go with a GTA V
style where there are 3-4 playable characters.

hmm something tells me that they have indeed
shot themselves in the foot - However, I really
want to be proved wrong. (sceptical)

If it ain't Sicilian it ain't Mafia

Sounds like grand theft auto

La Familgia....

New Orleans was really the first home of the Italian Mafia and they chose not to go Italian

Just when I thought after the disappointment of Mafia II (which I have grown to like) there was no way Mafia III could disappoint.

But its no Mafia? Except they are FIGHTING THE MAFIA???

non mi rompere i coglioni

As a stand alone game I am sure it would be fine

But it ain't Mafia

Also it sounds a lot like Godfather 2 taking over and holding areas

I mean that's making a Game called "SUBMARINE WARS" and all you do is sail around in sail boats dropping rocks on submarines
Sliderv2

701 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

I'm just waiting for Vito, even he's not playable character. Sticking out tongue
Zsolti

126 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

Well, the Mafia is in it, just in a different way.
Draconian

31 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom Reply with quote

MatteoCapoletti wrote:
Also it sounds a lot like Godfather 2 taking over and holding areas

Good point, although in Godfather 2 you had a crew and each person had a specialized role. Demolitions, safecracker, medic, etc.

From what it looks like, in Mafia 3 you don't have a crew and you go on missions alone.

One thing I liked about Mafia 2 was going on missions with Joe and Henry. Kept the game from feeling "lonely."

Although I have heard that buildings you capture in Mafia 3 can be re-captured by the Italian mafia. That's similar to the Godfather 2 game.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 3 Game All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: