FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 3 Game
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joshua

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

I'd personally love to see it become an "open world" type of game. I love the story line, but it would be great if the incorporated a "MMO" open world aspect in the next installment. We will see what the future holds!
lightingft

16 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
Although the amount of cutting they did in M2 was unacceptable, I did enjoy the game and it's story. Also loved the game engine they used. Mafia 1 set the bar really high which is probably why so many people didn't like M2.
I only hope they would dive into the story/drama a little deeper in M3 as I found that M2 was a bit shallow. Mafia 1 nailed that perfectly.

Also the time each character had on the screen was a good amount before they would take him out.
In M2 the duration usually only spanned over a couple missions before a character would be killed off already. The emotional impact is therefore a lot less if you compare this to Paulie or Sam- who have been there through the whole game.

I agree with you. Mafia II originally had 4 endings, but then Vavra left...
Draconian

31 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom Reply with quote

lightingft wrote:
The ending of Mafia II was a real cliffhanger...

Disclaimer: What I'm about to say has Mafia 2 spoilers.

The Mafia 2 ending was emasculating. One of the worst endings I've seen in a game. It all goes south once Chapter 15 starts. Leo is lecturing Vito like he's a child? Uhh, excuse me? Do you know who you're talking to? Vito's a made man, not some street hood like Marty. Step the f*ck off, old man. But it gets worse. Leo then threatens Vito's life if he doesn't do his bidding. Really? This is what I saved this man's life for? If I could re-play the game with the option to let Leo die, I would. People will say "But Leo saved Vito's life!" No, he didn't. Vito is the deadliest man in Empire Bay and can look out for himself. Leo needed Vito's help more than Vito needed Leo's help.

It's tragic to see Leo turn into a villain at the end of the game, but so be it. Vito has loyalty to Leo, but his loyalty to Joe takes precedence. Leo is real f*cking shady for making secret deals with Vito and Joe's lives.

Here's a question for the community. How many of you knew that Joe was going to be killed when he got into a different car than Vito?

You know how I wish Mafia 3 would begin? As a continuation of that car ride. After Leo says "Sorry, kid. Joe wasn't part of our deal," Vito replies "You killed my best friend, so I'm going to kill yours" and then goes and ices Vinci, who, by the way, got away with kidnapping and TORTURING two made men without repercussion.

Vito has come too far and gone through too much with Joe to just accept his death without some kind of a fight.

"Here, Vito. You wait here, while we go murder your best friend."

Hell nah, man. Hell nah.

The lesson of Mafia 2 should be that loyalty to family and friends is what's most important in life, regardless of what the mafia says.
eXistenZ34

18 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

Hi the community,
This is a very good new, hoping that modding isn't as blocked as on M2.
we have the right to dream a little.

. . . YouTube chanel eXistenZ34 . . .

Kosi4z_Zetec

13 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

If I gotta be honest - never thought that there'll be a third part. Or it would - but maybe almost a decade like the second part. Anyway, seems that we will get a Mafia III. Applause
I still hope that it'll be set in Lost Heaven again if 2K followed the GTA trend, I mean, c'mon - GTA V is set in San Andreas like... well - GTA San Andreas. Very happy It would be good though but having in mind the fact that a lot of people say that it will be set in Louisiana... So this hope of mine won't last for long I guess.
Now about the timeline... 1970s... The 70s are cool - Disco, Bee Gees, Dodge Challenger, Starsky and Hutch.
Anyway enough guessing and thoughts - we'll see this Wednesday. I'm sure that the team will make a good surprise - for the third time.
PITEK

Site Staff
Site Staff

825 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

Music to my ears! For me it was more than sure, that the third part of Mafia will be made. Very happy

Last edited by PITEK on Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kaminsky

158 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

2 more days ... OMG A can't WAIIITTT Oops! Praying
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276198 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

Just a thought guys. 05/08/2015 at Gamescom is for the press
and media only it is not a public thing. So unless someone from
one of the games mags or whoever uploads a recording of the
event re: Mafia III we are stuck. Should've posted this before.

Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

I'm 90% sure they'll show us the first trailer anyway. No need to worry.

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276198 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom Reply with quote

Mnich wrote:
I'm 90% sure they'll show us the first trailer anyway. No need to worry.

Sure hope so. Thinking

Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

We have another picture from the game.

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
Draconian

31 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

That looks like a...Plymouth?

I like that Mafia 3 is going to have rural areas. Mafia 2 was all city. The only "rural" area was that area around the dam that was added in Joe's Adventures. You could drive out to that remote house by the lake. That was "country living" in Mafia 2.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276198 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:13 am    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

IGN are showing events from Gamescom and according to
the schedule Mafia III is slotted for 04:30p* UK time on
6th August not the 5th

uk.ign.com/events/gamescom

Last edited by Muggy on Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255734 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

Today is the day

It will be around 2:00 PM here in Holland.

www.Robville.net
Kosi4z_Zetec

13 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

8:00 AM was 5 hours ago in Bulgaria (Eastern block) I searched the youtube for trailers but nothing... Damn, I can't wait a minute more it's getting more and more exciting! Impossible
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 3 Game All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: