FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Motorfield City Mod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melhior

37 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

T3mas1 wrote:

Paradonz wrote:

How did you get into the group "Модострой"?

I don't remember exactly how I came to know the page. I guess I was searching the web for something about Mafia when I ran into it. It is a good page, I like these VK pages about mods and stuff! Sometimes I go there to check what's new. Sticking out tongue

As administrator of this group I'm glad to hear. Smile
T3mas1

193 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

@Neutral: I'd really like to see how your new RCF1.6 models look like in my city along with some HD textures! I think it would be awesome! Thumbs up (left)

@Melhior: Keep it up!

News about the mod:

I always enjoyed working on the mod, but the last days have been horrendous! <):
But it seems to be working well so far. Shocked

I am doing my best to release it. Be patient! If I run into any problems, I'll let you know.
T3mas1

193 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

T3mas1 wrote:

It should be released this week.

Shouldna said that, shouldna said that...

I've finished pretty much everything and I am just translating the whole thing. The English localization is kinda done, but I am finding out that there is a difference in the order of dialogs (between the Czech version and the English one) in the file with all the texts for the game. That really doesn't make me happy and means I gotta rescript some dialogs just because of that.

Why hasn't the mod come out yet?

- I've been going through some life trouble sh*t recently and unfortunately I have little time for the mod.
T3mas1

193 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

It's been released!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bp7dbdhvx1mf73g/The+Motorfield+City+Mod+1.00.rar

Thank you for all of your support throughout the development.

I'd like to upload the mod here in the download section, if it is possible, after some time - let's say one week, so I can have time to fix some bugs that you might find before uploading it there - so if you find any bugs please write here or send me an e-mail so I can fix it.

Then I'll release it "officially" even though it is not gonna change a lot. So you can play it already.

I've made three versions of the mod - the czech one, the english one and the russian one. Unfortunately the czech text file is unique compared to other language versions, its order of dialects is different so it took some time to translate the whole thing and to test it - I've played the whole mod from the beginning to the end for about 10 times just to test it. I had to use two computers at once because when I turned my computer into the "russian mode" to make it read the cyrillic script I could open the russian text file but couldn't open the czech one and I couldn't open the bsv6 script either. Speaking of the russian translation: considering the fact I've never learnt russian, the meaning of the sentences may get very abstract Very happy, well I dunno, maybe not, but it is not perfect. I had hard time translating a ledge and a den into russian. Well hopefully I've chosen the right choice.

The dialects were primarly scripted to suit the czech version, sometimes it wasn't possible to translate it fully, so you might hear there some extra weird sentences but it doesn't have to hurt you. I really laughed playing my mod with the russian version. Very happy

I had a chance to play my favourite game with three different dubbings and I gotta tell you: You don't even know how much better the czech one is! Very happy and I ain't saying it just beacuse I am Czech. Very happy

As I mentioned I wanna make a tutorial on how to script. So be sure to see it here one day. Sticking out tongue

My last words: I hope you play the mod! and I hope you like it!

Please report bugs!
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your mod's release! Applause
I'm currently downloading your mod and will have a go at it soon. I'm really looking forward to finally play it. Very happy

www.Robville.net
T3mas1

193 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

@Mr Robville: Enjoy it! Very happy
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1258 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

Hey, T3mas1

I was really waiting to play this and boy, I wasn't disappointed. I really love what you've created Thumbs up (left) Didn't have much time yesterday, so I haven't finished it. But so far I really like it Thumbs up (left)

Found a few bugs (sorry if some of those are not really bugs Laughing)

- you can walk through that awesome bus
- the red car in that tunnel does not have sounds (could it be my game's problem somehow?)
- the grenade in the second mini game stays on the table after being picked up
- the taxi uphill is already with its engine running Very happy (feel silly telling this)
- also, death in a mini game results with a reload from last save rather than a replay of that mini game, which is a bit of a nuisance, but it'd probably be a lot harder to do

Sorry for being so picky, I have to tell you, I love this mod

Nice work!

P.S.: the waving flags are a beautiful touch Smile
T3mas1

193 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

@linukkis:

I am glad you like the mod! You're really observant! Very happy

I wanna explain these bugs.

1. The bus is an original model from the authors of the game, but they obviously didn't use it, so it's stayed unfinished without collisions, but when you drive it is has collisions so I thought it wouldn't be a big problem - I could fix somehow, but I don't have a clue about modeling cars for Mafia 1. There was another way as well, but then you woudn't be able to drive it.

2. The car as well as the bus is an original model from the authors, you have it in the original files, so I used it. I didn't notice it had no sounds. If I don't forget, I'll replace it with another car.

3. There is certainly a reason for it, not sure if I remember it well, but I think it should be becuase of this:

The granade as well as the Molotov cocktaile don't visualy disappear so you can play the mini-game again and get the special weapons again - that's mainly for the mini-game called The Flood. But it is built this way primarly because it didn't work well. At the biginning of the whole mod there is a script for the special weapons: createweaponfromframe ww, xx, yy, zz but after loading saves the weapons don't seem to be there. I would have to write createweaponfromframe ww, xx, yy, zz in every script with a save script. So I dealt with it one particular way and I needed the granade to stay there. Maybe there is a way how to deal with it more elegantly but my script abilities are not so high yet.

4. The mod replaces the freeride - freeitaly. And normally in freeride you spawn in a taxi with its engine running. I really wanted my mod to replace the tutorial or something like that so you wouldn't have to go through the freeride menu where you set the car traffic, you choose your car etc. - vide: http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10089&highlight=
So you don't see it because of the black screen but when you firstly start the mod, Tommy spawns in a car and then in 0,1 second he is teleported to the place where he's supposed to be and then the black screen goes away and the car stays. I've decided to leave it there, because I thought it was a little bit creepy to have a car with its engine running in an abandoned factory area. So it is a memento.

5. It had to be this way.

Let's say there are lots of missions within one mission (it is confusing, but that's how it is called - so let's say within one level or one folder) and you can go playing the mini-games whenever you want. The script I used for saving - autosavegamefull nnnn doesn't seem to save your objectives and compass so I have to write the scripts mission_objectives nnnn and setcompass xx under every save line in each script and the problem is that I can't know when you're gonna play the mini-games, I dunno what your objectives are gonna be when you go to play it, so I don't know what objectives and compass I should refer to before or after finishing the mini-games.

The Flood doesn't require a save point since you can't die there. The Zombie mini game is easy as you have there a first aid-kid next to you.

So I think it shouldn't be a big deal. One way or another it had to be this anyway.
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1258 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

Just finished the mod, really liked it Smile

Only, while playing the mission after coming home to hide when the cops come knocking on the door, at first I didn't understand how exactly to go on the roof, so I thought maybe it was through the window. I somehow jumped outside with 27 hp left and started driving around, when I figured things ain't meant to be this way. So I returned to my house, entered the lobby (with no cops actually there Laughing) and when I started climbing the stairs I got the message that the cops had already been waiting for me downstairs Laughing

I would maybe insert a death/reload screen if a player jumps out the window with a "You fell to your death" message or something.

Otherwise, I enjoyed it greatly. Also, loved the way you took different phrases out of the game and combined them into meaningful conversations
T3mas1

193 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

@linukkis:

Thank you for your praise, I'll do something about it. And by the way: The cops are actually there. There is a script when you get on the roofs that teleports some bad guys there so you can't return there anymore.
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1258 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

T3mas1 wrote:
The cops are actually there.

Oops, sorry Embarassed
T3mas1

193 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

@linukkis: lol, it is alright. You don't have to be sorry. Very happy I just should've put collisions on the windows. Laughing
Melhior

37 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

I saw the "Russian" version. As I understand it, you used in the original replica of the game. But in the file textdb_ru.def you did not contribute anything new. There are no tasks missions.
T3mas1

193 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

@Melhior: That's impossible. At least it works for me: http://imgur.com/yLqEY2F

Well, if it is needed to be rewritten on a russian computer to be shown on a russian computer, I am willing to give some screenshots of my textdb_ru.def file to a volunteer who who would rewrite it on his russian computer. That's pretty much all I can do right now.

If you know about somebody, please send me a private message here. The mod has over 60 text lines.

It is a little bit naive, but that's the only way I see it being fixed.
T3mas1

193 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

I've found an interesting video showing a way how to get to see the rest of the map. Very happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff-f7Zy72SU

You can try that! BTW: It f*cks up the missions, so try it on a clean save. Smile

Furthermore, I've decided to continue my work.
You can take a look.

http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10103
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: