FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Motorfield City Mod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1254 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

That's cool, man, great to know Wink
T3mas1

181 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

Hello!

This week I really had not much time to work on my Motorfield, but eventually I found a little time yesterday and I got into work.

During the week I was thinking what to do in Motorifield now. Yesterday I decided to rebuild the rail station. Now I work on it. And it is almost done. So I think that I can already give you screens of the progress:

So that is the rail station. I hope you like it.

And here is the last photo. I had to stop here for a while and take the photo, where you can see from the station a view on the city, on a part of the city, where I worked most about lately. I think here is clearly visible the progress of the middle part of the city. And in my opinion it is going well. Smile I am satisfied... I think that soon I will focus on a different part of the city. But there remains still much to do.

AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

8234 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:01 am    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

The train station looks excellent, and for some reason I absolutely love the last screen - it looks like a real environment from Mafia!

The official Mafioso Mod thread
T3mas1

181 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:06 am    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

AsaSK, thank you. Smile I am glad that we have similar feelings for it.

And I have also a little update about the progress.

I have shown you how the first mission of the mod could look. I posted here a video about it, but eventually I set the video as privete, because: mainly the city was rebuilt and the final feeling is already different and also the start of the mission I just changed.

The player had to go for missions into the pub Italien Garden in, as I called it, Middle Street. After some rebuilding I changed the location of the pub and set it in front of the station. But again I wasn't sure if it is the right place as a base for player's quest giver and also I found there one annoying bug. So I made a new base for the player and for his friend connected closely with the mafia. It is on the end of the city.

And I eventually changed the character of the quest giver. He's now a well-heeled loan shark instead of habitue of pubs.

Pic.:

And again I learned scripting. I made a new mission, where you will kill one politician on the station and you will go over some police. I just wanted to use the place for something. After I finished the mission, I looked on some old scripts and I tried to improve them. So yeah, with each new mission, I'm getting better and better in scripting.

Pic.:

And in order to make more corners, I built a wall to seperate two streets. And from one became dead-end street. So I want to add some markets there. Actually I did it, but I haven't got it crowded with people. So for the next time I will post more of it.

And I worked on the pass over the railway.

Pic.:

So that could be all! Very happy
T3mas1

181 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

Hi! I got a little info for you.

Firstly I just want to thank you for 10k views on this topic.

And now the info about the progress... Mainly I created roofs on some buildings due to missions, which take place on roofs and I think it doesn't look very bad, so I took 4 screens to show you:

And I changed the Tommy's apartment again. I changed textures, added one room (the bedroom) and I added the furniture.

And also I added coridors in the building, so the interior of the apartment building is large.

this is the upper coridor, what leads to the Tommy's Apartment:
DMateo07

178 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

Wow, it looks very good!
Great job! Wink
mafian565

29 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

How is this mod going?
T3mas1

181 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

For DMateo07:
Glad you like it, pal!

For mafian565 and others who are intersted in:
It is going well, actually. The city and the mod itself have changed a lot! I have been working on it all along, although I did not post news about the progress. Be sure of an avalanche of new information 'bout the mod. If you want to have a look at the current state of it, check this trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZhXdj0_f_w

But remember it's been almost a month since I put the video out. Something has changed or there are new things - I mean mainly new roads that've changed the character of the city. But you will see soon. This week I am coming with a lot of new information and screenshots so stay tuned!

The video is in Czech, 'cause I thought many czech players did not know about the mod or it was just my feeling. Anyway I wanted to show the modification czech players and I've tried to ask some czech websites about posting the video on their sites and I haven't got any respond. But never mind - when it is released, it will find czech players as well... and it's gonna be released this year. The trailer is in Czech but do not get confused. As I have mentioned I am gonna make a reasonable english localization but on the other hand I have never tried to play the mod on an english version of the game. So it might be a little bit tricky, but I will try my best to deal with it, if there's no problem.

So see you next time, folks... Laughing
T3mas1

181 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

The Big Update Is Here!

It's been a long time since I gave some screenshots about the progress, so here I am with a new update. I've got to say it has changed a lot!

The current look at the city:

The streets:

The village:

A new sector has been added - important in the story line

Its interior and garden

My new idea about spending money in the mod

One movie that you can experience:

New roads have been added (it's not finished)

The railway system has been added. You can travel between: the city, the village and a country side. It is based on teleport spots. Also the city station has changed a bit, it's got bigger.

The city station:

The village station:

The country side's station

Interiors that have been added but never shown you:

This one is actually taken from the menu, obviously...

A new flat

The ground floor of Tommy's house.

Morello's bar

And that is all! As always I hope you like it.

The modification is gonna be released this year.
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1254 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

Mamma mia, this is great!

I like it a lot, especially the cinema idea! Applause

P.S. That toilet warning made me laugh Laughing
Mr Robville

255728 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:00 am    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

I always love browsing through your screenshots. You really seem to put a lot of love into this. It reminds me of my first private mods in which I made some small custom towns, only in this case it's done properly. Fantastic stuff, keep it up! Very happy

www.Robville.net
flovivi

557 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

I'm glad there are still so many passionate mafia players and modders out there
T3mas1

181 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

Thank you all! Very happy

I am really glad you like it and I'd like to share my thoughts and some other things about the mod with you.

Firstly I wanna say I will use my own soundtrack for the mod, the original one is GREAT but I wanna make the mod feel a bit different than the original game.

The soundtrack is taken from one movie called Taxi 1, I love all that Taxi films (1, 2, 3, 4) by the way. You might find it crazy, but I will use just songs that fit into the game (in my point of view). It is very hard to find music that you like and fits into your current project that you working on. But this might work with Mafia, I'd say.

The songs I will use:

Theme de Lily (2 - 7)
2eme attaque (feu) (maybe, not sure)
Apparitions allemandes
Le Butin

The songs list is available here to play: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vlgqadadfx8ttp4/AAD76aN2XdGLqYW_IlhcYeZDa?dl=0

I hope it is not a problem to use some music from an 18 years old movie in a mod that is for free for everyone. But you know the world's crazy. All of that just because of the copyright. Well, we'll see.

And I also wanted to write some interesting information about the mod:

- It has 7 chapters, at least one will be added, I guess.
- It has over 10 interiors, actually there are some interiors that their purpose is unknows so far.
- It wasn't supposed to have content such like missions and story, now it does, but at that time I was adding a lot of easter eggs to find and I've been keeping doing that. The most interesting easter eggs (like handmade sketches of the city, characters that are mad and able to talk with the player and so on) are matched with a bloody bank note, so it is a bit easier to find it.

- All the content is in one mission. And it works and there's no loading. But it has its other side, the time or the weather doesn't change. It is not just because of that it is based on one mission, but also it is caused by the fact I don't know exactly how to change the weather or the time. I think there's one way how to start some rain in one mission with no loading, it is a script, but I do know how to use it. I think it was used in Ikarus Mod that I used to play a lot. I have tried to change the lights of the world to change the time of the mission, but I could never set it correctly. The road was blue and everything else was too orange.

- All used models are from the original game or made by myself. The are no imported models from other games etc. Just some textures of concrete are taken from the internet but most textures are from the original game as well.

- I really enjoy working on this mod, so when it is finished, I'd like to make another mod for Mafia 1. Well I might make some tutorials about scripting, 'cause there aren't any tutorials on youtube about scripting. When I was starting making scripts for my mod, there were some very basic tutorials about it by one guy and it helped me a lot.
T3mas1

181 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

Merry goodness to all of you!

A new update is here!

I wrote a lot of things in the last post, so this one is gonna be briefer and mostly just about the screenshots that I've taken.

As you know I've connected some new roads to the city, now I have built houses, placed cars, built fences around them and from the roads have suddenly become streets with their character.

Screens:

As always I hope you like it. Wink
brokenneedlecaa76

18 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:14 am    Post subject: Motorfield City Mod Reply with quote

incredible work. thank-you for being so in love with this game.I can't wait to see more and better yet be able to play this mod. again great work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: