FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

faster load

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Tools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
addx_2015

128 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject: faster load Reply with quote

Hy there! Anyone know how to make missions to load faster? I mean, like San Andreas,wen you enter into a building is load interior, and wen you get out is load very fast the main map . Is posible to load freeride fast as the same?
Thanks
Salute
LEVEL_AMATER

0 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: faster load Reply with quote

I do not know. It is different game. What I know, extracting files in Mafia folder with MafiaDataXTractor causes Mafia loading slower than before.
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: faster load Reply with quote

Yeah, buy a faster computer. Wink

Loading times are dependant on your computer's processing speed, HDD speed and (GPU) RAM memory. Unmodified freeride loads in about 1-2 seconds on my computer. (i7 2.8Ghz, 7200RPM HDD, 8GB RAM, 4GB graphics memory)

www.Robville.net
ASM.

249 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: faster load Reply with quote

San Andreas uses streaming, i.e. only a small fraction of the map and dependent data like textures and models is loaded at a time. Mafia on the other hand is level based and loads the entire map in one go.

As pointed out by Mr Robville you can mitigate the problem by throwing more powerful hardware at it. The best you can probably do is to install the game on a SSD. I haven't tested that myself, yet, but this should give you drastically reduced load times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Tools All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: