FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Racing circuits for Multiplayer Racing mod

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melber

29 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject: Racing circuits for Multiplayer Racing mod Reply with quote

Hello.
Let me inform you that our team is working on racing circuits for Mafia Multiplayer Racing mod. We have been working since August 2017, but we have not yet even half. But we would still show some pictures. We are still working hard to get it done.

lostinmafia_heavenMS

186 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject: Racing circuits for Multiplayer Racing mod Reply with quote

I tip my fedora to you guys . I've been in love with racing games since GT 1 they bring out the worst in me Evil , will ofc check this out, good luck with the project.
lostinmafia_heavenMS

186 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject: Racing circuits for Multiplayer Racing mod Reply with quote

sorry for the double post.
Jaqub

35 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Racing circuits for Multiplayer Racing mod Reply with quote

So there will be map parts taken out LH (freeride probably) and loaded from the race menu...
Can you explain me how you gonna place the buildings and props? Will they get loaded or do they get placed in the scenery?

Duelist

203 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Racing circuits for Multiplayer Racing mod Reply with quote

After converting 4 races from PS2 myself, I thought about converting all of them but after seeing how many objects are actually different between PC and PS2 version I resigned.

PC version models:

PS2 version models:

Jaqub

35 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Racing circuits for Multiplayer Racing mod Reply with quote

Oh then, these leftovers came not with loaded buildings from a dedicated file like cache.bin or scene2.bin?

Duelist

203 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Racing circuits for Multiplayer Racing mod Reply with quote

These building are loaded from scene2.bin. Screens show the result of differences in each individual model file. It's not only that some PS2 models are different (it looks like some are 2 times "bigger" maybe in order to drop object count), but some similar objects have its pivot changed, different textures and there are objects not present in PC version or same objects but slighty renamed. I didn't expect so many differences between game versions.

Anyway, good luck on completing this mod.
Jaqub

35 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Racing circuits for Multiplayer Racing mod Reply with quote

And how do you get them to load on 3ds max...?

brokenneedlecaa76

345 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:12 am    Post subject: Racing circuits for Multiplayer Racing mod Reply with quote

Melber, thank you and your team for the work you are doing with the multiplayer racing. I hope that when you are finished you can share the races with us here in the forum. I too have been trying to convert/understand how to convert the ps2 to pc or for that matter how to create new race routes. i've done preliminary comparisons with the different editing programs and can vouch for the immense work that it takes to do this.I thank you for your work and contributions all of you. Again, Duelist thanks for your help in the past.I would love to play the tracks you have converted and learn more from you on how to make them myself; a" for dummies tutorial" would be wonderful to see.Please everyone post more pictures of your work and keep updating this topic. I would love to see more people interested and sharing in the mafia racing. I do believe that mafia racing could be its own thing.thanks again.
brokenneedlecaa76

345 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Racing circuits for Multiplayer Racing mod Reply with quote

can anyone tell me how the racing works or worked with multiplayer races. For a race did the individual routes have to be loaded/ installed or was there a map provided and the racer had to stay on the map route. If anyone has anywhere i can go to learn more or videos to watch please share them. I just found a pic of "map route" elsewhere for a cool race and would love to incorporate it into a race mission route.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: