FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brokenneedlecaa76

30 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

thank you for keeping the modding alive. It is funny how the ps2 is being used to work with the pc for me; i last played ps2 and can't get passed the damn steal race car to ralph mission, so all i can do on ps2 is race and i believe its completed.I love racing on the pc when it works correctly. There are so many racing files on my hd that it is embarrassing. I want to know how to mod the racing; somehow i installed the racing into main menu. I can do competitions, completed the 3 but the last competition sport car set is saying incomplete and i don't know how to complete it to access the next mixed set. The version i'm using is 1.0. Any help that someone could give me with racing would be greatly appreciated. love to make some tracks etc as well to share and enjoy.
Duelist

128 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

@Abradox, Firefox3860

Creating shader water is ridiculously simple. I will explain how to do it in 3D max (I don't know if zmodeler can do anything from these things).

Water
1. Open/import countryside.
2. Choose water meshes you would like to convert to shader water and hide all the rest.
3. Apply tessellation with 0 tension and 3 iterations, collapse modifier.
4. Scale each mesh by 0,5 in all axes.
5. Reset Xform, collapse modifier.
6. Scale each mesh by 20 000 in all axes.
7. Export to some file.

Water is nearly done. Now either copy meshes from exported file to the waterC.4ds and adjust their material ID (hex) if you want them all in one file. Or copy just that one material from waterC.4ds to your exported file. Adjust visualFlags (hex) so they are the same as in waterC. Either way, water now works.

Reflections
Countryside has some reflections already so you can use them.
1. Hide all other objects you don't need.
2. Scale each mesh by 0,125 in all axes.
3. Reset Xform, collapse modifier.
4. Scale each mesh by 80 000 in all axes.
5. Export to some file.

Adjust visualFlags (hex) so they are the same as in reflection.4ds. Reflections are ready.

As for the gap. I didn't try anything yet. It would be best if original author made it so it's not hardcoded somehow Sticking out tongue. I will probably level main riverbed and banks to the city level. But ponds and water behind dam would still need some solution.

@brokenneedlecaa76
Thumbs up (left)
I don't know how to help you as I was trying to achieve something entirely different. I wanted to start a race from a dialogue with an NPC (for example) not from main menu, but it crashes the game Sticking out tongue
spartaque12

59 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

Duelist
thank u 4 all of your guides and enthusiasm towards mafia <3
brokenneedlecaa76

30 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

Duelist thank you again for your great work. I encourage you to experiment and design more and better mods and can't wait to see more and here more of your work. The only thing i wish for now is to have a copy of your mafia install folder with all the race stuff. Have you ever thought of adding snow to any of your racetracks .thanks again.
Firefox3860

47 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

Thanks, Duelist. I'll try your method. But I do not understand what is visualFlags.

Another question about locations. How do you transfer collision data (unite files tree.klz)?
Duelist

128 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

Hmm, I assumed you are using hdmaster's 010 editor templates Thinking These are object render flags like - to recive shadows or not, or be visible in game at all. You don't have to adjust that. It's just that water will recieve cars shadows if not adjusted for example.

I'm creating them in 3D max but I won't write tutorial right now. I'm not using face collisions for buildings so I have nearly eliminated texture flicker. And cache objects are not done yet.

brokenneedlecaa76

30 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

AsaSK i was wondering how you were able to check mod see the racing files in the ps2.iso? I've extracted all the files, i do see models etc as file types but how can i open them to compare ps2 racing to pc racing.thanks
Firefox3860

47 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

Ok. But I think that using so many cubes is not good, it's better to do face collisions wherever they are in the original.
Duelist

128 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

Why's that?
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

263 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

Firefox3860 wrote:
Ok. But I think that using so many cubes is not good, it's better to do face collisions wherever they are in the original.

The problem with face cols is that they cause z-fighting for certain meshes that are a bit away from the world origin for some reason.
Duelist

128 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

This got me thinking. ASM. did you try to find a limit for maximum number of collisions for a mission? I've conducted some experiments and it seems that limit for amount of XTOBBs is somewhere between 91 117 and 91 216. I thought it would be the same for AABBs but I'm at 123 024 and game still loads fine. I didn't check the remaining types yet. MWE gave up at some point and stopped drawing some collisions, later it stopped displaying some meshes Sticking out tongue
ASM.

263 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

Duelist wrote:

This got me thinking. ASM. did you try to find a limit for maximum number of collisions for a mission?

Hm no. The maximum number of primitives is 2^31 per type (maybe twice as much as I'm not sure whether the integers in the col data header are interpreted as unsigned or not) but you can only reference the first 2^24 primitives per type in the grid. These are the hard limits dictated by the KLZ v5 format but it's of course well possible that the game imposes additional limits (like in case of the 4ds format).

Duelist wrote:
I've conducted some experiments and it seems that limit for amount of XTOBBs is somewhere between 91 117 and 91 216.

How do you know? Does the game crash if you go beyond that?

Duelist wrote:
MWE gave up at some point and stopped drawing some collisions, later it stopped displaying some meshes Sticking out tongue

Oh. Embarassed Does it help if you reload the mission?
Duelist

128 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

Reloading mission doesn't help. It depends on camera position and the direction its pointing to. No big deal I doubt that anyone would get even close to that point Sticking out tongue

ASM. wrote:
How do you know? Does the game crash if you go beyond that?

Yes, I'm at 91 116 when I add another 100 it crashes during mission loading. And it's not connected to the amount of AABBs, I will see tomorrow how far I can go with them.

Meanwhile, here are the files for tutorial mission (both AABBs & XTOBBs) and 10 000 dummy collisions if you would like to see it for yourself:
tree.klz
collisions

EDIT:
Aaa, 2^24 is 16 777 216 while hex selection size for 91 116 XTOBBs is 16 765 344 Cool shades I think I know how many AABBs game could handle Sticking out tongue
Firefox3860

47 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:
The problem with face cols is that they cause z-fighting for certain meshes that are a bit away from the world origin for some reason.
Yes, I know about this problem. But dgVooDoo, which was offered by Abradox, can fix it. It removes the flickering of surfaces with face cols.
Duelist

128 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

Farm added.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: