FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

9830 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

Hmm, I did once browse the PS2 .iso and converted some of the files to have a look. I wonder if all the new locations were used in racing missions, can't think of any other reason they'd be there.

The official Mafioso Mod thread
Duelist

128 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

Like I wrote earlier; DeadFall Pass was part of country side map and a race track, barn was only part of race track. There are 2 more new locations just for racing tracks - one is just a simple covered circle, 2nd one is an completely new landscape. I thought about adding it but it doesn't fit anywhere. There are 12 tracks in total.

BTW. Yesterday I decided to add racing track. It's now merged in Sticking out tongue

EDIT. I have created sector and lighting for DeadFall pass tunnel.

AsaSK

9830 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

It's interesting that new areas not intended to be part of LH were built for some races. It's also interesting that the races were put into the PS2 version at all, considering they were originally in the PC alpha but removed when the engine was changed from H&D Smile

Duelist

128 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

Maybe they were on tight schedule for PC version and decided to cut race tracks. PS2 version came 2 years later so they brought it back. In order to not make it feel "cheap" they created some new locations. There was one game adversited recently as if it had 16 maps while in reality it was 4 maps x 4 game modes - Star Wars Battlefront I think.

There are some other "last minute" changes I think. Some landscapes were created as if it was road or some kind of passage but it's covered with cache objects. Gallery location from campaign final was previously some kind of park judging from check nodes, east side of map - around lighthouse - also had more waypoints:

BTW. Did anyone wonder how occluders look like? Sticking out tongue (colors are meaningless)

AsaSK

9830 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

Hmm.. mise20-mesto\check.bin? I can't see the extra checkpoints Thinking
But yes I have also noticed strange clusters of checkpoints in other areas, mise10-mesto also has lots of CPs for the lighthouse area, and mise07b-chuligani (which used to contain a side-mission for Biff that was cut) has lots of CPs in the southern most point of Works Quarter, around the 'monster' structures.

Duelist

128 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

It's from fmv/intermezzos.

EDIT
Is it possible to start a race at any given time instead of right from mission load? I mean, I've imported all the stuff from mission 6, added racing_mission6_init command to gameinitstart and it works. I can race, but I'm being put to the racing track right from mission load. I tried to initialize it after pressing F1 for example but it crashes the game.
Duelist

128 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

I have added airport (only to postpone motel lighting rework Sticking out tongue).

EDIT
Fixed skybox peeking through floor.

spartaque12

59 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

awesome work people , very glad 2 see updates and work progress here , keep it great work and good luck <3
Abradox

69 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

Great work.
I hope you want to cooperate with Firefox3860 (Mafia Freeride Extended Mod) and admpos (shader water in countyside), to complete these cool mods.
Same work in parallel it's not so efficient.

Duelist

128 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

What kind of cooperation do you have on mind?
Firefox3860

47 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

Hello, Duelist. I think that you and I do about the same work for our mods. Maybe we could somehow help each other, that is split the work, so that we do not do the same thing twice.
For example, I would like to add shader water to my mod. Can you help me do this? And I can offer you help with the transfer of other locations, such as a motel, if you want to.
Abradox

69 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

I think now (with dgVoodoo) possible to add in freeride most interesting location from missions.
We planned add a farm, airport, backstreets from "The Running Man - Coffee Break", "Sarah - Moonlight Strall, Surprise", "Better get to used it - service station"
and maybe Port and other locations.
Already done: Motel with all lightmaps, sounds, etc, Salieri's Bar, Racing Circuit with all racing cars, content from ps2/xbox versions (tunnel and farm cross).

Also Firefox3860 change lighting, skyboxes, recreate shadows in "Mafia Freeride Extended Mod".
Traffic speed will be restored to default or will be close to default.
I believe that 40mph / 60km/h is to slow for highway near Motel.

I think both variants of lighting in Freeride is needed.
We think about night version of Freeride Extended / Freeride-Expansion Country+city.

Most important thing - reach agreement (discuss) about convertation of locations to exclude the same work.

Admpos working on adding shader water in original Freeride Countryside day for people who have problems with Freeride Extended / Freeride-Expansion Country+city.
But he needs advice. Also I hope to add shader water in all countryside missions (Omerta, Creme de la Creme.).

I think, we need to replace FreeItaly for one of Freeride Extended / Freeride-Expansion Country+city mod with all cars before 1932 (like in original FreeItaly).
Duelist

128 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

@Firefox3860
I could help with shader water although I didn't do anything other than that fast 1 hour test from few months back. I didn't try to fix that gap yet. So I don't know... you would like to know how water was done at all or just to fix that gap?

I don't need any help with transfering locations. I have added motel before airport, it's just that lighting from mission 4 is not enough and I'm lazy changing it so I've added airport to postpone the inevitable Sticking out tongue I'm also doing things differently, I'm not only adding them, but also fixing modeling and texturing errors that I found, adding new stuff to them. So I'd have to do everything mysefl anyway and provide scene2, cache, check, tree and surrounding landscape changes to them. I also tend to improve some things after time.

@Abradox
What does dgVooDoo has to do with posibility of adding locations? I have tried to play with it and performance on my old PC is terrible. ENB dx8 to dx9 performs best (although for shader water crosire one is needed).

Sharing locations doesn't make any sense for me, for the reasons stated above.
Abradox

69 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

Duelist wrote:
What does dgVooDoo has to do with posibility of adding locations? I have tried to play with it and performance on my old PC is terrible. ENB dx8 to dx9 performs best (although for shader water crosire one is needed).

When I try to use ENB dx8 to dx9 I saw this. (not compatible with shader water)

Then I use d3d8to9 by crosire, it works with shader water but glitching with reshade by crosire (OMG) (antialiasing is not working in some situations).
Then I use dgVoodoo as a most reliable wrapper, but fps is lower than crosire's d3d8to9.

Duelist wrote:
I don't need any help with transfering locations. I have added motel before airport, it's just that lighting from mission 4 is not enough and I'm lazy changing it so I've added airport to postpone the inevitable Sticking out tongue I'm also doing things differently, I'm not only adding them, but also fixing modeling and texturing errors that I found, adding new stuff to them. So I'd have to do everything mysefl anyway and provide scene2, cache, check, tree and surrounding landscape changes to them. I also tend to improve some things after time.

Sharing locations doesn't make any sense for me, for the reasons stated above.

Ok, can we use objects, models, etc from your mod in our mod?
And we need a help and consultations about shader water in the countryside.
Are you planed fix shader water? To lower waterline or grow up coastline?
Firefox3860

47 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia Freeride-Expansion Country+city Reply with quote

Duelist wrote:
you would like to know how water was done at all or just to fix that gap?
I would like to know how water was done at all in city and country simultaneously. And it would be nice if that gap will be fixed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: