FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Real Car Facing MOD v1.6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

How it will be better the new version ?
Only the original Mafia types of cars and other vehicles should not be included in (eg. Buses, commercial vehicles). In order to remaining the walkthrough of the original game.
42%
 42%  [29]
There may be other vehicles, but do not interfere with the walkthrough, so instead of just nicer truck to be used, for example. Buses are not for example.
16%
 16%  [11]
Rather, the original '30-'40 street view let there be most importance. In the freeride mode in the authentic atmosphere and buses, lorries nicer, newer cars, typical of the era. No matter Walkthrough, play more freeride mode.
41%
 41%  [28]
Total Votes : 68

Feetlebaum

29 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

This is great. I'm waiting with my Microsoft sidewinder steering wheel and pedals. I'd be willing to give money for your work.
silent_gxg

37 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

Watching screenshoots from this mod its more pleasant than playing the original game.

Neutral, can you please upload some more screenshoots?
menju

85 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

A new taxi cab is always welcome by me! Applause Applause Applause
I am for more varied freeride anytime. I am curious what new RCF will bring. Thumbs up dear Neutral, I am so happy you are still around Wink
xpedrox92

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

I hope so it will work with the missions Smile
Neutral

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

292 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

Thanks Smile
The good news is that my friend Kaminsky will prepare for you a video, because it has much faster PC like mine. In it you can see the traffic and carcyclopedia with the finished cars. I updated the list, because newer cars are made out. The missions of the new cars can be used, but the animation films have a problem with them, especially in the case of all doors, or in that it does not appear, but the original car appearance. At the end of the animation, of course, the new car is already there. The reason is that there is not always a separate model in the movie (FMV.. be called) so the original was use. Then when I'm done, I'll experiment with it and maybe ask to help experienced scripters. Here some screenshot about in mission and the problematic doors. Oops!

taylordriven1930

10650 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

how long are u away from compilation am soo excited hehe
Kaminsky

160 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

Ladies and Gentleman may i present to you Neutral's fantastic work!

The Real Car Facing Mod 1.6 ! Smile

Take a seat and enjoy !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcP50gk5Keo
flovivi

262 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

Hello!!

first of all: fantastic work. i always wanted a mod that makes the cars "prettier", but not totally pushes them out of that game and replaces them with some shit..

really, this is wonderful...

as to your problems:

the first picture: the truck used in cinematics is called something "FMV..." something with truck i guess. its not the standard model.

as to the other pictures.... sadly i don't know how to help you with them.. Impossible

but i believe that no one will complain, after all the great work and effort that you have made... otherwise i will send some guys over to him, to teach him a lesson Laughing

best regards from austria!! Applause Applause Applause
Abradox

69 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

Wonderful project and amazing work. I am waiting for release.

What about increasing main LOD distance? Cars slowly vanish in the air.
I hope someone create the asi-plugin increasing this distance.

How about additional version of Stutz BlackHawk Taxi in style of Falconer Yellowcab (closer to vanilla taxi)? Wink
silent_gxg

37 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

Amazing work.

This will be by far the best Mafia mod ever.

Looking forward for the final release.

Thank you very much Neutral.

Thanks for the video Kaminsky. Can you please upload a few screenshoots too when you got the time?
menju

85 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

I am speechless!
Amazing, superb, awesome, far out, totally fantastic! Applause Applause Applause

I am looking forward to this mod, and hopefully it will run well enough on my very old laptop. Sarcastic
Cars are simpy breathtaking! No need for Mafia II or III now.

One single remark... can anyting be done with cars that are more distant and become invisible? I think original Mafia had a less polygon second model for this purpose. That's as much technical detail I can remember from earlier days. Whistling

Applause Applause Applause
arbitrarymobster

73 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

@Neutral: Does the animation problem only occur on "suicide doors" that you flip the axis on in zmodeler? Does the 'window roll down' animation also animate the glass moving upward instead of downward on these doors?

If so, I may be able to help. Also I can help you make working rear view mirrors if you'd want that. Let me know.
Kaminsky

160 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

Hello guys !

Thanks for the replies . Smile

Yeah Neutral did a fantastic work with the models .
But as you can see some models do not appear as fast as you want ingame .
Thats a very simple problem that could be done with the "setup" exe in the game's installation folder . (Abradox knows what im talkin about Smile )
by the way i saw your posts on mafia-game.ru they are really helpful how to optimize Mafia Applause

So my Mafia setup.exe options looks like this : kepkezelo.com

(this is an old screenshot back in the days when i a got a GTX 770 graphics card)

If you want to see the cars more visible or want to them to appear fast , you just need to change the options to look like this : kepkezelo.com

So you need to change the "Textmap/quality size" and the "Lightmap / Quality size " to = Truecolor .

Other options should be disabled .

In the first screenshot , i added "compressed" and "low detail" ..
these two options needed to be enable because these helps to run the Texture mods .
Either way the game crashes without these options .

If you want to run JUST the RCF 1.6 (without the texture pack), you just need the 2. setup config

Either way the game is gonna crash
It still crashes sometimes just with the RCF 1.6

BUT WITH ONLY NVIDIA CARDS !!!!

So if you want to run this mod (RCF 1.6) or the Retextured mix mod.
You gonna have a bad time with green cards.
Neutral and I figured out the problem is with Nvidia cards and their drivers .

Nvidia drivers don't have "backward compatibility" for older games and older directX files .
So the main problem is the green drivers can't let the game to use the old directX files and to help the game to use as such of video memory as it needs.
So it crashes .

But with the RED side (AMD) its the other way !

With my AMD build system , this whole mod runs great with no crashes no bugs etc. !
And of course with big draw distance and good far visible car models !
Because AMD drivers let the game to use that video memory and the old directX (so it got backwards compatibility)

So thats all .
If you got Nvidia card you need compromise the options to run the game great with this mod .

But the other way if you got AMD card .
No need to worry .
This whole mod with the biggest texture packs gonna work fine .

I know this because i got both systems .
The video is recoreded with an Nvidia card .
(my AMD card is now back on his way to RMA it Applause )

I think it will take a few weeks , and if i got him back , i will make another video , with max settings on an AMD build .
And then you will see the difference . Shocked

I post some screenshots next week if you want Salute
Neutral is still workin on the mod , and i test the new models asap.
silent_gxg

37 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

For NVidia Graphic Cards owners there is this alternative: http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2.html

PROS:
- Can be played with maximum video settings
- No lag
- Using all kind of high quality mods
- Not a single game crash

CONS:
- Some flickering textures
Duelist

128 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

@Kaminsky
You can try to use ENB dx8 to dx9 converter (LINK) and see if it helps (it fixes cars shadows flickering for example). You should also set AF to x16, textures will look much better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 7 of 17

Jump to: