FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Introduction: Macgot

View previous topic :: View next topic  
macgot

5 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: Introduction: Macgot Reply with quote

Hi I'm Macgot.
I first played Mafia when it was launched and was amazed on how good it was. I really liked the Setting and the Story was very intense and believable for a game of this type. Which is why i played the story 3x and spend endless hours in Free Mode. Today i found mafia between some other old games and installed it straightaway just to try if it was working...which it amazingly was! No problems at all on my win8 x64 system.
I then started free run to see if i could still enjoy this old gem. Actually it still is quite good but i was wondering if there are some mods to make it a bit prettier.
So i remembered this site from back in the days expecting it to be offline....BUT NO! You Guys are still here and kicking, in fact there are so many mods, i don't know which to choose! Very happy Very happy Very happy
And this is pretty much why i registered myself, to ask advice from the people who know....
So as i understand, there are numerous total conversions out there for better textures, car models and stuff...which one should i get? I really like the original feel of the game and i've seen some mods including enb series, which make the game loke like mario in terms of colours. With anisotropic filtering activated, i can actually live with the textures if they are further away than 50 meters, but everything thats closer doesn't look detailed at all...which is fair enough for a 10 year old game. The same goes for the drawing distance. I've also seen numerous mods which extend activities in free mode with many really creative ideas....any advice on those as well? I've always liked the car part in the game very much, in fact one of the few mods i installed back in the days was for proper car names, so anything that's going in that direction would be fun....i'm also one of the few who enjoyed the race. I think there was a mod which put racing back in free mode, after it was deleted from the game (...or something like that Laughing ). Sadly the descriptions are not very detailed on which mods go together, and screenshots are limited. Of Course i could install all of these mods and by try and error find some combination of mods that could do all the things i want for me, but maybe you guys can give me a few suggestions which mods to get, and more importantly, which combination of mods will work, which makes it all less time consuming and letting me enjoy the game much earlier.
Thanks very much in advance!
Hunter

1493 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:41 pm    Post subject: Introduction: Macgot Reply with quote

What, something like this? Smirking That's for 1.1.

There are definitely some texture and settings packs to spruce things up. Unfortunately I don't know what they are, but some of the latest stuff is up for download.

Remember that you need rw_data.dll patched in order to use mods (which is done by MafiaDataXtractor).
lostinmafia_heavenMS

109 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject: Introduction: Macgot Reply with quote

Greetings, welcome to MS.

Have a nice stay. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: