FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Cutscene problem in Death of Art

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeSunnex

13 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Cutscene problem in Death of Art Reply with quote

Hi there,

I've got a problem concerning Mafia v 1.0 (and the problem remains after patching to 1.1 or 1.3). The 2nd cutscene in "Death of Art" (that usually gets triggered on the stairs after you shot the first bad guys) cannot be triggered. I tried it both on Windows XP 32bit and 7 x64 with the same outcome. Sometimes it gets triggered and sometimes it does not. I already installed codecs like the Indeo one.

The rest of the hardware:
Intel i5 2500k
nVidia GTX 560 Ti
8 GB RAM

What could be the problem? Is there any possibility to work around it or to mod a forced trigger?

Thanks in advance for your answers,
Joe
JoeSunnex

13 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Cutscene problem in Death of Art Reply with quote

I tried to figure out more about the problem and I think it is in the script "load animation 20.6":

Code:
dim_flt 2
dim_act 13
dim_frm 9
findactor 0, "Sam"
findactor 1, "SalMan"
findactor 2, "SalMan05K"
findactor 3, "Tommy"
findactor 4, "Enemy12K"

findactor 6, "SalMan01K4"
findactor 7, "SalMan02K4"
findactor 8, "aktivace mistnosti"
findactor 9, "Enemy12K2"
findactor 10, "SalMan03K8"
findactor 11, "SalMan02K7"
findactor 12, "detekce healtu chlapka"

findframe 0, "Tommy"
findframe 1, "Sam"
findframe 2, "poloha playera po animaci 20.6"
findframe 3, "SalMan"
findframe 4, "SalMan05K"
findframe 5, "Enemy12K"
findframe 6, "2dollar60"
findframe 7, "SalMan01K4"
findframe 8, "SalMan02K4"

stream_create 1, "sounds\music\19 - Carchase 1.ogg"

act_setstate 100, inactive

label 1
detector_inrange 0, 4
if flt[0] = 1, -1, 1

zatmyse 1
wait 500
commandblock 1
player_lockcontrols 1
frm_seton 0, 0
frm_seton 6, 0
loaddifferences "dif20c.chg"
recloadfull "record20c"
commandblock 0

When I delete the label, the detector and the condition - the cutscene triggers everytime (!) when I enter the gallery because it does not have to meet the conditions. Is there any possibility to tweak this script a little bit to trigger the cutscene consistently?
Hunter

1547 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject: Cutscene problem in Death of Art Reply with quote

Never heard of that. Do the enemies load if the cutscene doesn't?
JoeSunnex

13 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: Cutscene problem in Death of Art Reply with quote

Yeah, the problem is really weird but it doesn't only happen to me: http://www.speedrun.com/Mafia_The_City_of_Lost_Heaven#Any%25
The enemies on the second floor don't trigger (there are just inactive dummies) and you can't open the door to advance so you have to restart the mission until the cutscene finally triggers.
JoeSunnex

13 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Cutscene problem in Death of Art Reply with quote

I've done a thorough investigation on that problem and my conclusion currently is that the cutscene trigger works depending on your hardware configuration.

My PC and fellow streamer ones have the same problem and all use an Intel Core i CPU and/or a nVidia video card.

I asked two YouTubers to check if the cutscene works for them and it worked for both of them (1. Intel E8200 and X1950 Pro, 2. AMD E2-3000M) so I assume it's a hardware based error.

In order to determine the real cause of this problem I would like you to help me by replaying this scene (watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmY_z7zGYRE from 3:23:50 - 3:25:30 ) and tell me whether the cutscene triggers consistently (by testing at least 7 times) or not and your system configuration.

Thanks in advance
Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia I Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: