FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Crashing sector in World Editor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMateo07

178 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject: Crashing sector in World Editor Reply with quote

Hi. I have problem with Mafia World Editor, I have one place, where I need model of my building (it's edited building with inside), but this sector is a little strange, first durning furshing, some models (from game) was crashes editor by adding collisions, but after update editor to 4.0 version, the problem gone. But... At the very end, collision of whole building stopped working! If I was delete and again add, it wasn't working. I added new obiect, but if I trying to change position for this, editor crashed. Same few times. I added new model, but now editor crashes while I trying to add collisions for it... What is wrong with this sector?
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

8258 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject: Crashing sector in World Editor Reply with quote

Hmm.. are you sure it's the sector that makes it crash?

The official Mafioso Mod thread
DMateo07

178 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: Crashing sector in World Editor Reply with quote

I'm sure, everything near something as 50m. crashes if I trying do something with collisions. But, I thought that better will be, if I change position of those home, so for now I'm durning refurniture, and for now everything is ok.
MatteoCapoletti

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: Crashing sector in World Editor Reply with quote

Can you tell us where this sector is?
DMateo07

178 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:45 am    Post subject: Crashing sector in World Editor Reply with quote

It's near Corleone's Hotel, next street to south. But after change position, for now problem is defuse. If will be something wrong again I'll tell about it.
Mr Robville

255734 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject: Crashing sector in World Editor Reply with quote

hmm, crashing editors and disappearing collissions... I believe I had that a couple times.
It's a rather odd issue. On my PC this came with another problem where transparent objects like collissions became semi-transparent thus visible, even though the opacity remained unchanged and set to 0.

How did I fix it? I'm not sure exactly to be honest.
Usually, saving the scene a couple times with MWE, DCED or Bscript made the problem suddenly dissapear, but it happens to be completely random for me.

What may cause it?
I suspect that a corrupted model or sector (or the model to create a sector) causes this problem. Sometimes after I remove a model that suddenly glitches from the scene the problem is fixed.

Some handy advice.
I always make a copy of the scene2.bin when I'm making new changes to the scene. This way, if one of my changes makes the scene corrupted, I can safely revert back to an earlier save without losing much progress. My current Titanic scene has about 30 scene2.bin files for backup.
You should make a backup regularly of Tree.klz as well just in case.

www.Robville.net
DMateo07

178 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Crashing sector in World Editor Reply with quote

Thanks for the professional advice Wink
I will try to makes regular backups, but currently I was doing once a few days.
Mr Robville

255734 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Crashing sector in World Editor Reply with quote

Do it with every big change you make. Wink It will save you a lot of trouble when the scene becomes more complex.
Also for convenience, you can add after each scene2.bin copy what change you made.
E.G. your scene folder could look like this:

scene2 - addedcolissions.bin
scene2 - fixedlighting.bin
scene2 - doors.bin
etc. etc.

Not really necessary but helpful when you have tens of backups. Sticking out tongue

www.Robville.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mod Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: