FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

DayZ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Games Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

9828 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: DayZ Reply with quote

Just bought DayZ on Steam, watched a few introductory videos, and so far I'm really enjoying playing it!

Been killed a few times from stupid things like falling and bleeding out from Zombie attacks, but managed to get a shotgun and filled a backpack with a fair few items so I'm happy Wink

Anyone else played this?

The official Mafioso Mod thread
Hunter

1562 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject: DayZ Reply with quote

So what happens?
AsaSK

9828 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: DayZ Reply with quote

Essentially, it started out as a mod for ArmA II where a zombie apocalypse has wiped out most life on earth, and it is now a standalone game running the same storyline.

You spawn with nothing but a torch and battery and have to, first of all, find food, drink & warm clothes so that you can survive. Once you've done that you can explore, loot weapons and gear from houses and defeat the odd remaining zombie along the way.
You can also come across people playing on the same server and they may be friendly and travel with you or stick you up (maybe even kill you) to steal what you have.
If you die you will spawn again with nothing and have to search for gear/get started again, which doesn't take too long but is a pain - so it's a good idea to see if you can find things to defend yourself with fairly early on.

The scenery is beautiful, ArmA ran on a very powerful engine so the light and landscape rendering looks lovely.

It's taken me 4-5 starts to really get going but I think I'm well on the way to being stable and able to explore far and wide.

The official Mafioso Mod thread
Joshua

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: DayZ Reply with quote

I bought this game when it was in beta, and it wasn't that great. I hope they have improved it, but I heard they were going to re-do the entire game with a new game engine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Games Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: