FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Error #8815 - Generic
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

8258 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:47 am    Post subject: Error #8815 - Generic Reply with quote

So I've just re-installed Mafia on a new x64 Windows 7 setup and I when I start up Mafia I get the message: "Error: #8815 - Generic..".

I've tried re-adjusting Mafia's screen resolution and checked for the latest version of DirectX but the message persists. Mafia does still run but I have to come out and go back in every time because of this pop-up and it's pretty annoying.

Any thoughts?

The official Mafioso Mod thread
huckleberrypie

279 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: Error #8815 - Generic Reply with quote

You tried adding the game to your DEP exceptions list? Mafia runs fine on my end, especially as I added it to the said list in Advanced System Settings.
AsaSK

8258 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Error #8815 - Generic Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply huckleberrypie, did that and unfortunately no joy Confused

Mr Robville

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Error #8815 - Generic Reply with quote

Hmm, I remember that error. I think I had it once as well.
Try to install the game in or outside the Program Files(x86) folder depending on where it's currently installed.

www.Robville.net
MatteoCapoletti

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Error #8815 - Generic Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
Try to install the game in or outside the Program Files(x86) folder depending on where it's currently installed.

The computer I had before this was a 64bit computer and I had to move the Mafia folder from Program Files(x86) into the regular program files folder

the game has a ini file which defaults it to look into the program files folder
AsaSK

8258 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Error #8815 - Generic Reply with quote

MatteoCapoletti wrote:
Mr Robville wrote:

The computer I had before this was a 64bit computer and I had to move the Mafia folder from Program Files(x86) into the regular program files folder

Yes this was what I found. x86 contains 32-bit programs & for some reason when Mafia runs it looks into the default C:\Program Files\Mafia directory. This is where I installed it to so no joy with the 'transfer' solution Thinking

MatteoCapoletti

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Error #8815 - Generic Reply with quote

Found this site by searching the error code on google

Running Mafia on Windows 7

-URL Removed-

Edit after looking at several sites they all seem to point at a regsvr fix that need to be done

To fix Runtime error 8815, you should understand the concept of Runtime error 8815 and identify the causes of it firstly. What is Runtime error 8815? This error usually occurs when a DLL file is missing, or not registered on your computer. It is a really common problem for windows users which crashes now and then.

How to Fix Runtime error 8815?

#1 Since Runtime error 8815 is related to missing DLL files, you can re-register the registry list to fix Runtime error 8815 issue. For example, if you encounter Runtime error 8815 at dll files, to re-register the file, please do this:

1. Click Start-Run
2. Type in regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\dllfile Download Repair tools
3. Re-start your computer

If you can not find the specific file on you computer, you should download it from the Internet and locate it to the right place.

Below is the spammy option but you might need it

#2 To fix Runtime error 8815, you also can try to run free registry scan for your computer. In my opinion, it is the most important step for you to fix Runtime error 8815 and avoid other runtime errors effectively. There are various registry repair tools available on the Internet that scan, analyze, and fix your computer. Besides fixing your Runtime error 8815, these tools will remove any registry errors, invalid shortcuts, duplicate files and repair DLL files. Eventually, you computer will be free from system error messages and sluggish performance. What you need to do is to fix Runtime error 8815 as well as other registry errors to prevent your registry from total corruption. If you continue to run this damaged system and don't fix Run-time Error, this potential risk will bring you more troubles, Even system crash.
Do you want to fix Runtime error 8815 in a cheap and fast way? Here I have a great solution and it is guaranteed to help you fix PC errors and improve your computer performance

Edit by Rob, url removed
Mr Robville

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Error #8815 - Generic Reply with quote

Do not download it. The whole page looks like a generic bot advertisement. Note the lack of grammar when mentioning the name "Runtime error 8815".
E.G. instead of "To fix Runtime error 8815, you should..." it should have said "To fix the 8815 runtime error, you should..." Without capital letters at runtime. Nothing on this page actually defines the issue and could be said about any dll problem. So I'm pretty sure this website is malicious. We need to look further.

-Edit-
Yep, the website is a malicious bot site. Just Google the following sentence:
Quote:
"There are various registry repair tools available on the Internet that scan, analyze, and fix your computer. Besides"
(including quotations to preserve sentence structure)

www.Robville.net
AsaSK

8258 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Error #8815 - Generic Reply with quote

Yes unfortunately that is about a spammy/virusy as you can get.. looks like I might have to put up with it, annoying though!

ASM.

235 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Error #8815 - Generic Reply with quote

From the looks of it it *seems* to be an issue with sound initialization. The sound initialization code has a few dbgPrintfs so maybe you can find some hints in log.txt.

Seeing that installed the game to C:\Program Files, make sure to run the game with an account that has write permissions for the game's installation directory or adjust the directory's ACL accordingly so the game can create and write to log.txt.

MatteoCapoletti wrote:

Are you sure that ini file is processed by the game? MafiaCon uses an ini file (ivcon.ini AFAIK) to enable the user to configure where it should look for the game (so one could install MafiaCon somewhere other than the game's installation directory). The game itself does not use ini files at all from what I know.
AsaSK

8258 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Error #8815 - Generic Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply ASM. Bizarrely I uninstalled/reinstalled Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable & Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 to fix a problem with GTA IV and it seems to have fixed this problem as well - the game now starts up without a hitch.
I'm not actually sure if this is what fixed it but it's the only software/hardware change I've made to the computer since the problem last occurred.

Unfortunately it still crashes on the way out when using MafiaCon - pressing 'Exit' on the Main Menu exits the game but a blank window then remains, only closeable through Task Manager:

Here's the 'log.txt' if of any use in solving this problem but I don't know.

Date: 11/22/14 time:19:48:44
LS3D Engine V3.84.5 31.7.2002 GetVer:384

Detected OS: Windows ?? ver. 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Detected CPU: AuthenticAMD, 4004MHz, family:15, model:2, stepping:0
This DLL uses standard x87 math
Current display mode: 1920x1080, 60Hz, format: D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8

Using adapter number: 0
Driver: aticfx32.dll
Description: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
Driver version: 8.17.10.1315
Vendor ID: 1002
Device ID: 6811
SubSys ID: 23371787
Revision: 0
GUID: D7B71EE2-2B51-11CF-14713D03BEC2C535

Using HARDWARE T&L.
Using SINGLEPASS rendering.
Trying to create device with FULLSCREEN mode: 1280x1024, 0Hz, BackFormat: D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8, DepthFormat: D3DFMT_D24X8

Maximum available texture memory ( AGP + VRAM ): 1754 MB

Using texture formats:
16bit textures: D3DFMT_R5G6B5
1bit Alpha textures: D3DFMT_A1R5G5B5
Alpha textures: D3DFMT_A4R4G4B4
TrueColor textures: D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8
DXT1 textures: D3DFMT_DXT1
DXT3 textures: D3DFMT_DXT3

*** Sound management: 0 free 3D channels claimed.

huckleberrypie

279 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Error #8815 - Generic Reply with quote

AsaSK wrote:
Yes unfortunately that is about a spammy/virusy as you can get.. looks like I might have to put up with it, annoying though!

Yep, it's a spambot alright, made to fool unsuspecting users into downloading some shady registry cleaner. They scour the interwebs particularly on Yahoo Answers so they can spam their wares of dubious repute.
ASM.

235 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Error #8815 - Generic Reply with quote

AsaSK wrote:
Thanks for the reply ASM. Bizarrely I uninstalled/reinstalled Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable & Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 to fix a problem with GTA IV and it seems to have fixed this problem as well - the game now starts up without a hitch.
I'm not actually sure if this is what fixed it but it's the only software/hardware change I've made to the computer since the problem last occurred.

Ok, good to hear you were able to sort out the problem.

AsaSK wrote:

Here's the 'log.txt' if of any use in solving this problem but I don't know.

From what I can tell there's nothing suspicious in that log. It all looks fine.

AsaSK wrote:

Unfortunately it still crashes on the way out when using MafiaCon - pressing 'Exit' on the Main Menu exits the game but a blank window then remains, only closeable through Task Manager:

Yeah it's a known problem, caused by MafiaCon's sloppy shutdown code. Does your version of MafiaCon already have the unloadcore command? If so, run that command right before quitting the game. The game should then exit cleanly.
Hunter

1551 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Error #8815 - Generic Reply with quote

MAFIA always crashes when I exit it. Has for years. Basically it just means I get an "alert" sound from Windows when I close it.

If it was sound related there's a software sound box in setup, IIRC as well as your dxdiag options to try.
Zsombor

90 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Application Error! Reply with quote

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). To close the application, click OK."
So I need reinstall Mafia 1 at every day. Anybody have any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia I Help All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: