FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Matteo's Cheeseburger Tip #3 When you can't Model, Adapt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Modding Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatteoCapoletti

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

964 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:16 am    Post subject: Matteo's Cheeseburger Tip #3 When you can't Model, Adapt Reply with quote

Quote:
Cheeseburger Modding Is what I call my style of modding, which is self educated, not at all conventional and causes there real modders out there who deal with vertices and parabolas, and other things that I don't understand to shake their heads. BUT....it gets the job done Wink

For my new mod I am working on the funeral segment, and I wanted a churchyard just full of mausoleums small and large.

For the Don I wanted a fancy one

The problem is, the game does not have any mausoleums big or small, so I had to come up with one. Well I am no model maker, that stuff just is beyond me....but I can play with zmodeler enough to adapt existing models to my needs, and this game is full of things you can change

So.....when you need a mausoleum what do you look for.... a garage of course

And a tombstone

First step is to change the textures to something likely. make sure you use the texture manager and not the material editor, that one will only let you make one change

Then you start making copies of the garage....3 copies to be exact and move them into place with the move tool

The last one you shorten up with the scaling tool

Finally Scale and move the tombstone as so it only shows the cross section (you can just leave the rest buried in the model, no one will see it)

and ouila

This is for buildings without interiors....maybe soon I'll show you how I do models with interiors...its a completely different cheeseburger technique

the first one I made I scaled the garage model narrower and tallee

Last edited by MatteoCapoletti on Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
linukkis

1228 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Matteo's Cheeseburger Tip #3 When you can't Model, Adapt Reply with quote

You're so damn creative Very happy Very happy
AsaSK

7696 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Matteo's Cheeseburger Tip #3 When you can't Model, Adapt Reply with quote

Very clever! LOVE that graveyard.

The official Mafioso Mod thread
lightingft

185 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject: Matteo's Cheeseburger Tip #3 When you can't Model, Adapt Reply with quote

Man that's awesome, good job. Very happy
huckleberrypie

253 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:45 am    Post subject: Matteo's Cheeseburger Tip #3 When you can't Model, Adapt Reply with quote

Or if you can model but your skills aren't up to snuff, kitbash. It's what i do most of the time with Sims 3 clothes and whatnot, well, considering that all of them clothes models have to conform to a certain standard (i.e. topology and whatnot), and making it too high-poly wouldn't work with the rest of the body.
Mr Robville

255671 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject: Matteo's Cheeseburger Tip #3 When you can't Model, Adapt Reply with quote

If you can't model, steal. Wink

Just kidding. But you could use websites like Turbosquid who provide free 3d models that you may use without any royalties. Be aware of the quality though.
You will be surprised how many models you can mash together. Sticking out tongue

Still though, it's never as satisfying as if you were to make it yourself. Also never claim you did because people will notice.

www.Robville.net
huckleberrypie

253 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Matteo's Cheeseburger Tip #3 When you can't Model, Adap Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
If you can't model, steal. Wink

Just kidding. But you could use websites like Turbosquid who provide free 3d models that you may use without any royalties. Be aware of the quality though.
You will be surprised how many models you can mash together. Sticking out tongue

Still though, it's never as satisfying as if you were to make it yourself. Also never claim you did because people will notice.

Putting a scratch-made model in a game is indeed rewarding compared to a conversion. In fact, some sites either outright ban converted content, or limit it to free models, or rips from older games.

And yeah, some of them models from Turbosquid can be a bit too high-poly for most needs - that also has to be taken into account rather than shove in more polys than what LS3D or your hardware can handle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Modding Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: