FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Modern cars are so ugly .

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Classic cars or modern cars ?
Classic cars
87%
 87%  [7]
Modern cars
12%
 12%  [1]
Total Votes : 8

samkilledpaulie

3 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Modern cars are so ugly . Reply with quote

As i have seen the history of the car on mafia pc , automobiles aint changed much since 1934 . modern cars are even degraded in design . for me , old car looks much more classy and beautiful than any modern cars . in ablility , even in 1934 , Mercedes-Benz 500K boasts 160 horse power. and looks much better than any modern car . whats the meaning of existance for modern cars ?
Hunter

1547 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Modern cars are so ugly . Reply with quote

Well, they want to meet certain criteria:

-Safety
-Noise
-Efficiency
-Cost
-Regulations
-Performance
-Sales
-Reliability

So it's easier, institutionally to copy the same design everyone else uses than to do unusual things. Not everyone builds the exact same "Corolla" or "Focus" though. There's Morgan...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Motor_Company

But yes, even in their case they look for less labour intensive ways to share the designs of others. That's a small volume company.

These days, the cars are more computer than mechanical (except the engine...of course!). This saves them money and makes some people think it's fancy and modern.
samkilledpaulie

3 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Modern cars are so ugly . Reply with quote

Im not a computer , safety guy , so .. and thanks for teaching me about morgan motor co . Its not as cool as the cars in1930's , yet , I want to buy such car someday . http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C507766 hmm, its used (?) and costs $68000 !!!!!

Oh, by the way , are old cars so inferior in safety and reliability ?

they seems to be reliable and safe , as far as i drove cars on mafia pc .

(well, cars around 1920's like ford model-T seems to be very un stable , yet , after 1930 , they seems to have improved much and having enough power and stability . )

yet , they seems to be gas-guzzler .

well, not drove real classic thou XD . have anyone drove real classics ?

and even motor cycle looked this cool in 1930's . http://kickstart.bikeexif.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/art-deco-motorcycle.jpg

i don't think there are much better motorcycle in modern age than that art-deco bike . this is a modern concept-bike . http://www.pageresource.com/wallpapers/wallpaper/concept-motorcycle_147168.jpg Is it only me , but art-deco bike looks like a magic compared to the modern bike . so , if people in 1930's time traveled to 2014 society , they don't even need to be told the world got through WW2 , which they don't experienced . because , for people from 1930's art-deco age , everything in 2014 looks so miserable as post-apocalipse or post-SHTF society . well , actually after the crush of 1929's nothing is so classy as rolling 20's . even buildings like chrystler building looks much better than today's . I don't want to admit , but I have to admit XD .
PITEK

Site Staff
Site Staff

825 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Modern cars are so ugly . Reply with quote

I also much more prefer classics than modern cars, but the discussion which are better is more complex as we may think because everything has both advantages and disadvantages.
The main issue of newer cars is that they're much more complicated mostly because of all the electronical equipment that they have. It makes them more comfortable, safer and so on, but it also can cause unreliableness and expensive service.
The main problem of older automobiles is mostly their condition. After all those years rust will show up and etc. but nothing lasts forever, right?
I already had a few oldtimers: Audi 100 C3 Avant, VW Passat B2 Variant and Mercedes-Benz W124 and besides their condition they were pretty cool cars.
Hunter

1547 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Modern cars are so ugly . Reply with quote

The oldest car I ever drove was my car. From 1991 Laughing

As far as safety goes, the main difference is that new cars are designed to crumple themselves to cushion passengers in accidents. Old cars are designed to avoid getting dented.

As far as reliability, depends on what you're talking about, but you probably don't expect your 1934 Ford to go 200,000 miles. You do expect just that from your 2014 Ford. Or maybe the old car would go that far with modern oil and so forth.

I don't really like the way Morgans look, but you have to admit they have a fondness for recycling old designs. Their three wheeled car (speaking of which, three wheeled car - anti-modern) looks exactly as it might in the 1930s, even though it's got a new engine.
samkilledpaulie

3 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:38 am    Post subject: Modern cars are so ugly . Reply with quote

Ohh , yea . I have to admit the reliability of modern cars are better than classic .

Yet , I still like classic cars . if i can ignore the reliability and speed , I like ford model -T the best .

may be because it looks like horse drown coach . I like coaches .

and design of model -t fits the scenary of country side .

because i live in countryside . lol .

modern car in country side looks like manhattan appeared in countryside .

very strange . I also like the engine bulge of the classics . modern car looks pe*isless .

and i want to drive computer free vehicle , like i want to shoot computer free gun . m1911 made in 1911 are stil used . i don't wanna be controlled by car . hm , and i rode classic bike , it wasnt very safe , yet , i liked it , it was simple to maintain , tough and fun to ride and comfortable .

hm , well , but still ignitor which classic may also have is a very primitive computer thou , it uses electric . lol .

1927 Ford Model T coupe , very cute and natural. ( compare to the modern wanna-be-cool silver car behind ) just follow your instincts !

view this youtube video too , it looks not so bad to drive ! better than i thought . and this guy drive with bare foot !!!! lol !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtOcAOCH37A

that engine sound is so lovely ! <3 !!!! and even the driving panel is so cool as classic aircraft panels . it looks like real tool ! american golden ageeee !!!
Kaiser

50 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Modern cars are so ugly . Reply with quote

I hate modern cars in Mafia. This cars doesn't have spirit that epoch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: