FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Greetings. :)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Photek

23 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Greetings. :) Reply with quote

I'm both new and old here; I was a member of the "old" board... apparently there's been a rehaul or something of the entire site, and I can't help but to notice my egg comics are gone, as well as the babe section in the photo gallery. Smile Oh well!

Decided to give Mafia (the first one) another go after many years; I was generally put off by the blurry textures and the very limited draw distance. Now, however, with so many nice mods out there, it's definitely very enjoyable, and I'm starting to kick myself for avoiding this masterpiece of a game for so long; they don't make games like these anymore. Mafia 2 pales in comparison .. well, except on the graphical level, obviously.

Anyway, I could use some help to further enhance the gameplay/my personal experience... the things that I'd like to change are:

1: I want to use the cutscene-faces/models (I hope you all know what I mean) to replace the horrible mission faces/models that is very low on detail and depth. I know it is possible as I had it in my last install, I just don't remember how it was done. I do remember that I turned to this forum for help last time as well, though. Wink

2: Patching the game past 1.0 glues the characters eyes in place; they don't actually look at stuff with their pupil; iris or whatever. Tommy does it in one mission only; the "Great deal" mission. Everywhere else in the game they're glued on and it looks extremely lifeless and doll-like. Surely there's a way around this?

3: The shadows under objects and characters only appear if you are roughly 5 meters away; any further than that and they vanish. Is it possible to increase the distance that they're visible?

Thanks for reading. Smile
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276170 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Greetings. :) Reply with quote

Photek Shocked I knew it was you when I saw your username
up on the homepage. Wow yeah I remember your egg
comics. Nice to see you again.

Welcome back to the family Thumbs up (left)

Photek

23 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Greetings. :) Reply with quote

Hey Mug. Smile I remember you! Also when they invited you to join the staff... as I recall it you were most resourceful and knew everything about everything mafia-related. Ja? Wink
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255728 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Greetings. :) Reply with quote

Welcome back! Very happy

To what I know, the last webhost was terrible, and without any notice they deleted the entire website within a blink of an eye. After Chris got us a decent and overall more stable host, he uploaded a backup from the site's layout itself. Unfortunately all databases including downloads, topics, posts, users and what not else got lost in the abyss so we had to start over. I'm glad to see that slowly but surely everything comes together again.

For your three items:
1. Not sure if we still have the high res character mod in here. It's always worth a shot modding it yourself. It should be pretty easy to just rename a few models. E.G. Replace tommy.4ds for tommyHIGH.4ds.

2. Don't update it. Sticking out tongue

3. This may be 64 bit issue as I know Mafia's depth buffer doesn't properly work on 64 bit systems. So objects like shadows that hover a few millimetres above another surface will dissolve by the object laying underneath.

www.Robville.net
Photek

23 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Greetings. :) Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies!

"Modding" it myself was exactly what I had in mind, as that was what I had to do last time. Where can I find these 4ds-files? I want to replace all characters lowres faces with the cinematic ones. Smile

The update was apparently forced upon me by the installation from this here new CD, because when I installed mods for it and tried to apply the correct LS3DF.dll, the 1.0 one wouldn't work... nor the 1.1 or 1.2. Isn't there an eye file (haha) from previous versions that somebody can upload somewhere? Sticking out tongue I wish I knew what files they'd be ...

And yes .. I do have a 64-bit system. Shite on bananas. Is there any way to bypass this depth buffer bug?

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."

-Juan Manuel Fangio (1911-1995)
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Greetings. :) Reply with quote

Hi Photek. Nice to see another member.

For HQ models check out this mod : http://mafiatown.gram.pl/pliki.php?file_id=23

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
Photek

23 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Greetings. :) Reply with quote

Thanks for the link, Mnich. Smile Dziekuje I think would be the correct word.

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."

Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Greetings. :) Reply with quote

That's right. Wink You're welcome.

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
Photek

23 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Greetings. :) Reply with quote

Mnich wrote:
Hi Photek. Nice to see another member.

For HQ models check out this mod : http://mafiatown.gram.pl/pliki.php?file_id=23

Hmm I am using this mod but... their pupils disappeared?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: