FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Modded Textures Not Showing Up? [Solved]

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doyle Lanagan

26 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Modded Textures Not Showing Up? [Solved] Reply with quote

Hey gang,

My modded textures aren't showing up in game anymore.

Building textures, footpath and road mod, and player skins aren't showing anymore. Instead it's just the original textures on almost everything.

I'll give a little history on the problem and steps I've already taken trying to correct it.

I just got a new PC a few weeks ago. (Windows 8.1 64-bit, Intel-Core I5 4460 3.2ghz, AMD Radeon R7 240 2gb, 8gb DDR3 RAM, 1TB HD)
I installed the game, ran the data extractor, and then copied my modded folders from the backup disk and pasted them in to the main folder and started up the game. I started a Freeride and all the mods were there. Custom models and textures, etc. Then when I went to go load a save game it crashed and I got an error mssg that said 'Video Memory Overflow'. So I restarted the game and all the custom textures were gone.

The maps are still in the folders and I deleted all the .565, .dx1 files and such. And I played around with the setup but nothing seems to work.

Anybody ever encountered this before?
MatteoCapoletti

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

1010 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Modded Textures Not Showing Up? Reply with quote

For any new files to show up you must first run Mafia Data Xtractor

But you have to use the correct version of data xtractor

there are two versions

available in the Download Section

Silly questions....but you saved them as bitmaps?

jpg png or gif won't work
MatteoCapoletti

1010 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Modded Textures Not Showing Up? Reply with quote

[quote="MatteoCapoletti"]For any new files to show up you must first run Mafia Data Xtractor

But you have to use the correct version of data xtractor

there are two versions

available in the Download Section

Silly questions....but you saved them as bitmaps?

jpg png or gif won't work

I know when I went from a 32bit to a 64bit machine I had all kinds of hokey pokey to play to get my mods to work right.

If I remember right mafia installed to the program86 file and I had to move it to the "program" files to get it to work right

now I am on a windows 7 32 bit machine again and all is well
Doyle Lanagan

26 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Modded Textures Not Showing Up? Reply with quote

MatteoCapoletti wrote:
If I remember right mafia installed to the program86 file and I had to move it to the "program" files to get it to work right

I have mine installed to Documents, same place I've always had it.
All the files were successfully extracted and all the maps are bitmaps. These are the same maps I've been using for years and I copied them from my old PC. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with any models or any other files, just textures.

The problem only started after I got the error message "Video Memory Overflow"
Mr Robville

255852 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Modded Textures Not Showing Up? Reply with quote

I think the best thing you can do is inserting CD 1, copy all .dll files and other stuff except the .dta files from the data folder into your Mafia root folder. This is only a few MB and will only overwrite the engine files. Then try to run the game to see if it works again. If it crashes again, repeat the process and move the entire folder into the Program Files(x86) folder.

The reason it crashes could be caused by having the game installed inside your userdata documents folder. I'm not sure exactly how these folders work, but for some reason they act differently opposed to any other folder outside of your userdata. I don't think games are meant to be installed inside the C:\users\username\documents folder.

Alternatively, try to increase your virtual memory. Tips on how to do that can be found here:
http://www.wikihow.com/Adjust-Virtual-Memory

www.Robville.net
Doyle Lanagan

26 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Modded Textures Not Showing Up? Reply with quote

Haha, success!!!

Increasing virtual memory worked perfectly.

Thank you so much! Very happy
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

47073 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Modded Textures Not Showing Up? Reply with quote

I see your problem is solved so I'm going to lock this thread now. If you would like to add something to this thread, send me a PM and I'll unlock it.

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: