FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Facial modeling

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Facial modeling Reply with quote

To get a little diversity in modeling, I've been practising making 3D models of human heads. There is no doubt about it that this is probably the most difficult challenge a modeler can come across. It all starts with basic topology, but creating a convincing face that looks alive and has "depth" is something entirely different.

The first attempt I did in early 2013:

It looked like a face, so I was satisfied. Very happy

Some time later I attempted to make a model of Walter White (From AMC's Breaking Bad)

And the most recent model I'm still working on:

The hair is still a work in progress. The beard needs to be finished and the hair itself needs more effort.

Has anyone of you ever tried to model a human (face)? If so, feel free to show it here. I'm curious to what your experience was with it. Very happy

www.Robville.net
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1256 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Facial modeling Reply with quote

That is astonishing... Applause
Johncena1

169 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Facial modeling Reply with quote

The detail Shocked
This is truly amazing, I wish I could do something like this Laughing

@ndre

1045 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Facial modeling Reply with quote

We are learning 3D faces atm in school too, it is a difficult process to do, especially if you want realistic results. Mesh has to be without faults, if you want to animate it, it's way harder...so many things you have to consider when making a 3D face. I like the Walter White one, nice normal map on it too. Lots of detail is something i like. Wink

...previously known as MafiaEST Wink
RubyDragon949

723 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Facial modeling Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:

The Walter White model looks like a strange combination between the G-Man (those eyes and facial expression), Dr. Isaac Kleiner (Face shape and bald head) and Gordon Freeman (Glasses, facial features and of course, the goatee) from Half-Life 2 Very happy It's really quite amazing. Looks exactly like a character you would expect to find in one of Valve's Source games Smile I like it a lot.

Good job, Rob

Regards

*Ruby*

The Commission Mod

The Robbery Mod

The Gangster Life Mod

Regards

*Ruby*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: