FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

How Did You Come by Your Username

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276198 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:59 am    Post subject: How Did You Come by Your Username Reply with quote

When I first signed up for Lost Heaven (lostheaven[dot]co[dot]uk)
back in January 2005 before the site was changed later that year I
had already had the game a few months after it was first released
(August 2002) I purchased the game sometime in November 2002.

I had a small interest in organized crime (not to be part of it of course Laughing)
but I just loved the fashions of that era, the cars. My username back
then was Mugshot as in a mugshot of a felon or hoodlum.

How did you come by your username?

MatteoCapoletti

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:11 am    Post subject: How Did You Come by Your Username Reply with quote

My middle is Matthew

My Italian Grandpa could not handle my first name so he called me Matteo...and I have always embraced that.

When it came to pick a name for a mafiascene....what else

When Mafiascene reset last time, I signed up again....and Capoletti....well
thats my Mod
Mr Robville

255734 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: How Did You Come by Your Username Reply with quote

SimCity 3000 Sticking out tongue

I played it for many hours. Sometimes I named the city after me like "Robin Town" "Robin Village" "Rob's City" and at some point my first successful city was named "Robville City" (Bit redundant I know Sticking out tongue ). SC automatically filled in a name for the mayor so the latter named city's mayor was called "Mr Robville". I decided to use that name as a joke on the internet at first because it's ridiculous, but somehow stuck with it. Today it's my working title. "Robville Virtual Realisations".

And people say videogames have bad influence? Wink

www.Robville.net
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: How Did You Come by Your Username Reply with quote

When I was younger I simply loved to wear a hooded sweatshirts (I still do). My friends said that I look like a monk. So that's what they called me, and in Polish language monk is a mnich.

I still use this nickname since then, even at foreign forums, but I can not explain why I prefer the Polish version. Maybe because it sounds better to me and maybe I already got used to this version.

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
DMateo07

178 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: How Did You Come by Your Username Reply with quote

My nick is a long history! Everything has started a much time ago, when I was 7 years, when I played the Tibia, and I needed a nickname. Anybody remember this game? Smile The friendly priest called me "Mateo" from the name "Mateusz" (pol. Mathew), so I wanted to set this as nick. But it was occupied, so I tried "Meteo98", else with year of my born. Next, few years later, i played CS2D, and I needed new nickname. Then I played Mafia whole days. So from this "Don", Then my nick was "Don Mateo" or "DonMateo" I don't remember. As you know in the online games is popular, the "kto pl?, "poland?" etc. Now it's so funny. But then I took it seriously, so my nick has changed to "DonMateoPL", but something is lacked, so, finaly has created "DonMateo07PL" by added "07" from the year of create my first email.
I know it's so idiotic! Very happy But I sentimental, so I can't change it.
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1254 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: How Did You Come by Your Username Reply with quote

This is a very interesting topic to read Laughing

Nothing too fancy with my username. My name is Linas, and my mom and dad always called me Linukas (which is a gentle kinda way to say my name in Lithuanian) Very happy When my sister was very little, she had just started trying to say words. And one time she called me Linukis. It sounded kinda funny to me, however somehow it got stuck with me, so I decided to use it as a nickname Laughing
Hunter

1547 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: How Did You Come by Your Username Reply with quote

Hey, this is a great idea for a topic. I wish I had thought of it Laughing

My name is Hunter. Well, that was quick. Laughing

To say some more, I used to be really, I don't know, paranoid about people knowing me on the internet. It's not that I thought they would show up at my door - I just felt like I had to hide for some reason. I got over that, pretty badly. For example when I played RtCW my handle was JAG. "Judge Advocate General?" No, lol - "Just Another Guy." Also, "I" in Swedish apparently! Maybe I'm Swedish, hehe.

That also explains my old handle. Generic. I still do that sometimes when I don't want people to know precisely who I am, as in for a game. "Hunter" sort of gives people a weird impression in a game too, as if I'm aggressively stalking people. Oh, whatever.

I've got all these other weird handles I want to share now and explain Sticking out tongue
Zsolti

126 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: How Did You Come by Your Username Reply with quote

My first name.
Doyle Lanagan

26 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:07 am    Post subject: How Did You Come by Your Username Reply with quote

Doyle Lanagan is the bad guy in the 1920s gangster/con artist movie 'The Sting' starring Robert Redford, Paul Newman, and Robert Shaw.

In the movie, Robert Shaw's characters name is actually spelled Doyle Lonnegan.
Zsombor

90 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject: How Did You Come by Your Username Reply with quote

My username is simple: that is my first name. Wink
Kaiser

50 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject: How Did You Come by Your Username Reply with quote

When i was younger, when i studied at scool, i liked Germany. I listened only Rammstein. Two years, since 15 to 17 years. I liked german language. And therefore i took german username. Why just Kaiser? I do not know. Then to me simply this username liked to me.
WilliamMacau

8 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: How Did You Come by Your Username Reply with quote

Well, William is my true name. William Vieira.

"Macau" is because of my childhood's nickname "White Macau" - That was given by my Grandpa when he went to see me at the baby nursery when I was born.

I was so weird and white that he said: "Damn! Looks like a WHITE MACAU!" (Macau is a type/race of pig) Oops! ...and so the nickname spread and my Father's still calling me Macau even to this day Joker

I looked that bad because the medic broke my left clavicle during the birth.

FROM THIS: Thinking
TO THIS
AMadeMan

121 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:01 am    Post subject: How Did You Come by Your Username Reply with quote

I chose A Made Man since it just fit so well for something like Mafia.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: