FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

The Gangster Life Mod.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RubyDragon949

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

723 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: The Gangster Life Mod. Reply with quote

Ok, so I said via the shoutbox a week or so back that I had something in the pipeline Wink

I am ready to announce it now Smile

RubyDragon949 Presents...

The Gangster Life Mod.

This mod will be completely freeride based. You will be able to take control of various businesses, make your way up the Salieri Crime Family ladder and also create some serious cash which you can use to spend in a various amount of ways Smile More on the features of the mod as I release them, but for now. A bit of back story.

The Backstory

First off, forget everything about the events of Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven. They never happened. Think of this mod as being set in a kind of "parallel universe" - Tommy, Sam, Paulie and the rest of the guys are all alive and well and do make appearances though.

The year is 1938. You play as Marco D'Amico. A street punk who is just starting out in the Salieri family. It's your job to make a name for yourself within the organisation and do whatever you can to bring the family back to it's former glory and gain the respect of Don Salieri himself.

So. Let's meet Marco D'Amico Smile

And next. Let's meet the gangs of Lost Heaven.

There are 5 gangs operating in Lost Heaven, all involved in their own illegal activities. It'll be up to you to decide whether you want to cut yourself a nice slice of pie or take the whole thing for yourself! Some activities are more lucrative than others, but come with a higher risk. These are as follows...

*Little Italy - Salieri turf. (Your friends. So don't kill these guys. They're there to help you)
Main business interest - Loansharking (Low risk, low pay) & Street vendor protection.

*ChinaTown - Yakuza/Triad turf.
Main business interest - Drug trafficking (High risk, high pay) & Prostitution (Medium risk, Medium pay)

*Central Island - Irish Mob turf.
Main business interest - Alcohol Smuggling & Transportation (Low risk, medium pay)

*New Ark & Downtown - Morello turf.
Main business interest - Gun running (Medium risk, high pay) & Gambling (Low risk, medium pay)

*Hoboken - Black hoodlum turf.
Main business interest - Street games & Drug dealing.

There are 3 groups of each gang to be found across their territories (Except for the Morello's who have 6 as they control two areas of the city) It's up to you to seek them out and kill 'em. Doing so will reward you with $5,000 per gang and $10,000 for each Morello gang.

The Black Hoodlums are the only gang who operate their business on the street. These cannot be taken over, instead you just have to shut them down. Look carefully around Hoboken for the five drug dealers and three street games going on. Killing a drug dealer will earn you $500 where as taking down a group hanging around a street game and collecting it's cash will earn you $1,000 to $1,500.

That's all for now Smile More updates to come later on Smile

Regards

*Ruby*

The Commission Mod

The Robbery Mod

The Gangster Life Mod

Regards

*Ruby*
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1286 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: The Gangster Life Mod. Reply with quote

I'm already excited about this mod, Ruby. I'm soooo waiting for more updates! Wink

P.S. Good to see you back in business
comicsguy

103 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: The Gangster Life Mod. Reply with quote

Nice story line! Waiting too.
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

47073 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: The Gangster Life Mod. Reply with quote

Good to see that you're still doing something for Mafia. Thanks to that, our community will never die Wink

We're all looking forward to it.

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
RubyDragon949

723 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The Gangster Life Mod. Reply with quote

Ruby wrote:
More updates to come later on

Well. As promised Smile

In this mod, I will be making extensive use of the economic system used in the Freeride section of Mafia. I.S gave us the ability to earn money, but never really much to do with it. I plan on expanding on this in a variety of ways.

The first, is shops.

These shops can be found all through Lost Heaven. You have car lots where you can buy new vehicles (1 in Hoboken, 1 in Central Island and 1 in China Town)

You have tailor shops, so you can buy new clothes Smile

You have gun shops. Where you can buy new hardware.

And lastly, you have restaurants, where you can eat or drink to restore your health.

As you might of noticed. The buildings have keys inside them (usually sat on the counter) and a safe. These can be robbed to earn some extra cash Wink Be warned though as doing so will result in being wanted by the police.

That's all for me for now. More updates soon Smile

P.S - Sorry for the crummy looking signs outside the shops Very happy I wasn't going for attractive signs, just something practical to do the job of letting the player know they can enter those buildings. I think they do well Wink

Regards

*Ruby*

The Commission Mod

The Robbery Mod

The Gangster Life Mod

Regards

*Ruby*
haista__

26 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: The Gangster Life Mod. Reply with quote

Looks nice! Looking forward to it Smile
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1286 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: The Gangster Life Mod. Reply with quote

RubyDragon949 wrote:
P.S - Sorry for the crummy looking signs outside the shops Very happy

They look just fine, good job on this mod! Thumbs up (left)
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

47073 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: The Gangster Life Mod. Reply with quote

Maybe you should add information boards instead of signs? Like "Gunshop", "Restaurant", etc. But still, they ain't so bad.

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
geran30

Site Staff
Site Staff

157 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: The Gangster Life Mod. Reply with quote

Looking fantastic RD! Top work as always going to be following this.

We're back.... For good!
RubyDragon949

723 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: The Gangster Life Mod. Reply with quote

Back again Smile Boy, I work fast Sticking out tongue

Marco's first house.

This is the run down, Hoboken apartment that Marco begins his life of crime in. It's the building with the steps. It's also located near the Market Ave train station Smile

It's not exactly luxurious. In fact, it's pretty god awful. But it does have the few home comforts that a man needs Smile

There is plenty to do in here. You can grab a weapon (only a knife in this apartment) get $500 in cash from the safe if you are short of money, have a sit down at the table, save your game using the bed, use the health kit to heal, change into any outfits you've bought at a tailors using the wardrobe and also, if you fancy it, take a p**s using the toilet Very happy

As I said, this is the first home you have access to. There are 3 in the mod, and the other 2 can be purchased from the Estate Agents I've created on Central Island. Be aware though, they are quite pricey Wink

Inside the Estate Agents you can find the "For Sale" board, this is where you can buy the homes.

Another view of the Estate Agents.

I would show the other two homes, but I can't go spoiling everything now can I? Wink

Hope you've enjoyed this latest batch of updates.

Regards

*Ruby*

The Commission Mod

The Robbery Mod

The Gangster Life Mod

Regards

*Ruby*

Last edited by RubyDragon949 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
haista__

26 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: The Gangster Life Mod. Reply with quote

Houses to buy? This is amazing Very happy
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1286 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: The Gangster Life Mod. Reply with quote

Truth be told, I wanted to suggest this idea of being able to buy property, but I guess you had had this on your mind long ago, Ruby Sticking out tongue In any case, this looks really awesome!
ROB13

54 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: The Gangster Life Mod. Reply with quote

Yes! Another great mod is coming from a great modder Very happy
Waiting for more screens, informations etc.

Regards, ROB13
RubyDragon949

723 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: The Gangster Life Mod. Reply with quote

Time for some more updates Smile

First off.

Lucas Bertone's Auto shop.

This place will play a reasonably important part in the mod for a few reasons. One of them is that here you can take car theft/chop shop jobs for Lucas (there are 10 in total) some cars are luxurious, others not. They can earn you anything between $1,000 to $5,000 per car depending on the make. Every time you do a job you have to wait 15 (real life) minutes before it resets and you can do it again.

Meanwhile, in the back yard to Lucas' shop, there seems to be a strange, black car parked there. The gates are locked, what could this mean? A special car for you to use once unlocked somehow, perhaps? Wink (P.S - Yes, it is a custom job. I took the regular Wright Fordor model and applied the Wright Coupe Gangster paint job to it. The results, I must say, are brilliant. It looks really good. Maybe I'll introduce its other features to you all another time Sticking out tongue )

The Chief of Police.

This guy always seems to be on a smoke break Wink You can find him outside the Police Station (down the road from the Gallery) on Central Island. Providing you have $50,000 with you, you can pay him off to do whatever you need to do for 30 (real life) minutes without fear of the cops coming after you.

And finally for this update. Street vendor protection.

The Salieri family are involved in protecting the local street vendors in Little Italy. There are 7 in total. All of whom can have $50 collected from them. This action resets after 10 (real life) minutes.

This place can be found in the alleyway just across the road and to the right from Salieri's Bar.

Salieri's seems to be bustling with more life than normal Wink If you look at the bar, you might even spot the back of Tommy talking with Sarah Sticking out tongue

Sam stands guard outside. He plays a role in this mod too, but I'll explain more on his feature another time.

Hope you enjoyed these, I'll be back with more as it comes Smile

Regards

*Ruby*

The Commission Mod

The Robbery Mod

The Gangster Life Mod

Regards

*Ruby*
haista__

26 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: The Gangster Life Mod. Reply with quote

Pretty nice! Smile Is bribing the police something you can do early game or late game?
50k takes quite a while to earn in normal free ride.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: