FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

4ds specification

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Tools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djbozkosz

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

1861 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: 4ds specification Reply with quote

I have written some 4ds specification: http://www.djbozkosz.wz.cz/index.php?id=17

English version and other specifications (like: 5ds, scene2.bin, road, check, tree, etc...) coming soon. Wink

Web | Youtube | Developer at
Mr Robville

255734 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: 4ds specification Reply with quote

That looks pretty cool. Looking forward to the English version. Very happy It's too bad I'm not much of a programmer. I think it would be very useful if I understood how to implement it. Whistling

If this is all related to your thessis, you'll no doubt receive an A+ Applause

Btw, you might want to check out page 86 in the upcoming issue 244 of Score Magazine. (I mean the Czech gaming magazine, not the american erotic one Sticking out tongue , read: Score Casopis)

www.Robville.net
Cukier

16000 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: 4ds specification Reply with quote

So now someone must make Blender plugin for import/export Smile
Please...
hdmaster

12 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: 4ds specification Reply with quote

I have uploaded a few templates I wrote some time ago for the 010 (Hex) Editor (and added/updated some missing pieces thanks to your spec Thumbs up (left) ). They support the 4DS, 5DS, 6DS and KLZ formats used in Mafia, H&D2, Chameleon and Wings of War.
The template code is just a transcript of a 3ds Max plugin I'm working on, they might not be fully compatible with all files, I have tested only a few files.

Here's an example of the output from running the 4DS template on Paulie.4ds:

Here's the link to the templates: Link. You can run a template on an opened file by selecting "Templates - Open Template" and "Templates - Run" or by adding it to the predefined list with "Templates - Edit Template List.." from the main menu Smile
Mr Robville

255734 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: 4ds specification Reply with quote

.6DS files? This triggers my interest Shocked

www.Robville.net
ASM.

235 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:21 am    Post subject: 4ds specification Reply with quote

djbozkosz, hdmaster: Nice work. Very happy

I think having some kind of Knowledge Base wiki covering various topics like file format documentation, scripting, tips & tricks to work around engine/game limitations, tool tutorials and such would be great to have. Sort of something like http://www.gtamodding.com.

Mr Robville wrote:

.6DS files? This triggers my interest Shocked

From what I know these files store shadow meshes which are projected on surrounding geometry and which are used to render shadows for dynamic objects like cars and characters.
huckleberrypie

279 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:43 am    Post subject: 4ds specification Reply with quote

Great, now all we need is some more documentation on Mafia ped models so we can now have someone else instead of Tommy. Smile

And better yet, give justice to the Mafia II 3d model formats as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Tools All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: