FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Mafia modification - The Rain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMateo07

178 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Mafia modification - The Rain Reply with quote

Wow, nice progress! I glad seen new screenshots Smile
Good luck with doing.
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

251 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Mafia modification - The Rain Reply with quote

R0v3r wrote:

But my biggest problem is that I can make sector but in that sector Metro.i3d and its script does not work... Please if anyone have solution please respond.

Are you sure it's a sector problem? Does your subway work as intended if you move it to Primary sector? Can you elaborate a bit on what you tried?

Also what do you mean with "script"? Did you write some custom script for the metro or do you mean the simulation that's hardcoded in the game's binary?

That being said it's of course very well possible that the game simply doesn't support the metro in any sector other than Primary sector. From the looks of it the vanilla game doesn't have any parts where the metro or parts of its track are located in interior sectors.

Mr Robville wrote:

Doesn't rain respond to collisions as well? If I remember correctly there were some small roofs or bridges where rain didn't went underneath.

No, not as far as I'm aware. For constructs like this IS uses no-rain dummies which seem to be regular dummy objects stored in the mission's scene.4ds, paired with some properties stored in scene2.bin via chunk types AEF0 and AEF1. As far as I know there're currently no tools for editing the scene2.bin side (the actual dummy objects in scene.4ds can be created with a modelling package), the chunks however look like they're reasonably easy to create/edit with a hex editor.

I think that creating a separate sector for the subway is the preferred solution though as sectors give you more control over lighting and sounds. Granted, lighting is not that much of a problem in that particular case, but I imagine ambient sounds could get tricky. Like for example I'd expect the rain ambient sound to play while the player is outside, but it should not play while the player is inside the subway tunnels. Sectors give you that out of the box.

Nonetheless no-rain dummies surely are a viable alternative if sectors turn out to be no option.
R0v3r

74 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia modification - The Rain Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:
R0v3r wrote:

But my biggest problem is that I can make sector but in that sector Metro.i3d and its script does not work... Please if anyone have solution please respond.

Are you sure it's a sector problem? Does your subway work as intended if you move it to Primary sector? Can you elaborate a bit on what you tried?

Also what do you mean with "script"? Did you write some custom script for the metro or do you mean the simulation that's hardcoded in the game's binary?

That being said it's of course very well possible that the game simply doesn't support the metro in any sector other than Primary sector. From the looks of it the vanilla game doesn't have any parts where the metro or parts of its track are located in interior sectors.

Mr Robville wrote:

Doesn't rain respond to collisions as well? If I remember correctly there were some small roofs or bridges where rain didn't went underneath.

No, not as far as I'm aware. For constructs like this IS uses no-rain dummies which seem to be regular dummy objects stored in the mission's scene.4ds, paired with some properties stored in scene2.bin via chunk types AEF0 and AEF1. As far as I know there're currently no tools for editing the scene2.bin side (the actual dummy objects in scene.4ds can be created with a modelling package), the chunks however look like they're reasonably easy to create/edit with a hex editor.

I think that creating a separate sector for the subway is the preferred solution though as sectors give you more control over lighting and sounds. Granted, lighting is not that much of a problem in that particular case, but I imagine ambient sounds could get tricky. Like for example I'd expect the rain ambient sound to play while the player is outside, but it should not play while the player is inside the subway tunnels. Sectors give you that out of the box.

Nonetheless no-rain dummies surely are a viable alternative if sectors turn out to be no option.

I mean script that wrote Mafia developers... I will try it again. If it won't work I will try to ask you for help. Thank you
R0v3r

74 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Mafia modification - The Rain Reply with quote

Screen from bridge. If its ok I will always show only these models. Everything else you will find in actual game that you can enjoy that. And I won't show everything too.

DMateo07

178 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject: Mafia modification - The Rain Reply with quote

Wow! It's great, looks really great Smile
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1256 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Mafia modification - The Rain Reply with quote

Amazing, mate! Applause
Mr Robville

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Mafia modification - The Rain Reply with quote

Looking really good. I love the custom content.
I do think the bridge cables can use a little less rotation and height segments. Usually 5 rotation segments and 0 height segments should be sufficient.

Not showing the textures to public can indeed create curiosity with people, however, it is a great way of receiving feedback since a modeller is usually oblivious to any mistakes in his own work.

www.Robville.net
R0v3r

74 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Mafia modification - The Rain Reply with quote

That is true And I will reduce segments... So you are saying that I should or shouldnt post finished screens from my models? Because I don't want to leak that much informations... I think that I will leak just models. Ingame footage will be in trailers and demos. Plus in actual game ofcourse. Maybe I will make some testing group that will review my models with textures and other things.
Mr Robville

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Mafia modification - The Rain Reply with quote

It's fine to share the screenshots of finished models. This won't reveal anything about the mod's storyline and can be a way to hype up people once they see what kind of new content is going to be included.
I post a lot of WIP images and ingame screenshots about the MTM as well, and sometimes people give me great advice on what they see. Very happy

www.Robville.net
R0v3r

74 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Mafia modification - The Rain Reply with quote

I see... Ok thank you very much and as always I wish you the best luck on Titanic mod
pinkshit

200 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Mafia modification - The Rain Reply with quote

Great to see new pictures. I'm also wondering that you aren't give up the underground subway system. Wink

I hope that project is part of your mod. As I see many member can help you out!
Keep up the good work, and release some subway screenshots too.Smile
R0v3r

74 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia modification - The Rain Reply with quote

pinkshit wrote:
Great to see new pictures. I'm also wondering that you aren't give up the underground subway system. Wink

I will do everything to run it... I even redesigned the second station to be like the first one, because of the direction of getting out if you know what I mean. And... I will make underground and overground subway separated because of the same reason
R0v3r

74 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Mafia modification - The Rain Reply with quote

I am sorry to post something that was here before, but some very clever guys from my school deleted videos on my chanel. Anyway here we go again.

The Rain menu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTqgIjclr1A
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276210 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Mafia modification - The Rain Reply with quote

Really love the music. Moody, jazzy and
fits the atmosphere perfectly. Applause

R0v3r

74 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject: Mafia modification - The Rain Reply with quote

Hey ya all. Here are some screens from subway. Its not as always final.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: