FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Mafia World Editor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ventilator

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

1254 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Lining up Axis,
I don't know if you mean Centre Axis,

In Zmodeler Choose Display / Centre Axis then click on the Mesh...

Regards

V3NT1L4T0R
Mr Robville

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

A quicker way is removing the distance settings from the 4ds file using djbozkosz' 4ds manager: mafiascene.com/modules.php?name=downloads&action=get_download&id=125

1. Open the model with the manager
2. Go to the objects tab
3. Click on the object you want to use for far distances
4. Within the settings panel on the right, there should be what I believe is called the LoD ratio or distance which is per default set to 4000 or something. Change this to 0 and save the 4ds file again.

Now it should work fine within the game and you don't need to duplicate the mesh twice in Zmodeler- which not only is a pain to align the axis again, it also makes the model twice as heavy.

www.Robville.net
AsaSK

9830 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

I ended up doing both, one for each model (I only saw Rob's post later). Thanks both of you!

Incidentally, is it just me that Zmodeler crashes for when trying to export high-poly meshes to .4ds?

The official Mafioso Mod thread
Mr Robville

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

No, Zmodeler becomes quite unstable when exporting models with more than 40K polygons. It's adviced to divide eveything in separate models if you have a complex scene. Wink

www.Robville.net
AsaSK

9830 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Ah.. my base terrain currently stands at two and a half million Cautious Will do Sticking out tongue

AsaSK

9830 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

I don't know if ASM will see this, but the experimental build of MWE (v0.4.0) is having issues with lightmapping some surfaces. Both a road and a building turned a transparent dark blue-ish colour when I used the LMG, but the odd thing is this happens intermittently and seemingly indiscriminately.
Sometimes I have to go back and lightmap the surface with the previous stable build, but this doesn't work when you have that single-colour channel glitch that happens on some models, so you do need v0.4.0 really.

Anyone with the experimental build ever had this or know a way around it?

ASM.

263 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:13 am    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

AsaSK wrote:

Both a road and a building turned a transparent dark blue-ish colour when I used the LMG, but the odd thing is this happens intermittently and seemingly indiscriminately.

Does it look like this in-game or in the editor viewport (or both)? Also, I'm not sure what you mean with it's happening "intermittently and seemingly indiscriminately".

AsaSK wrote:

Sometimes I have to go back and lightmap the surface with the previous stable build, but this doesn't work when you have that single-colour channel glitch that happens on some models, so you do need v0.4.0 really.

The color channel glitch for small lightmaps was fixed in v0.3.1, I recommend getting v0.3.2 though which is available here.
AsaSK

9830 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:
AsaSK wrote:

Both a road and a building turned a transparent dark blue-ish colour when I used the LMG, but the odd thing is this happens intermittently and seemingly indiscriminately.

Does it look like this in-game or in the editor viewport (or both)? Also, I'm not sure what you mean with it's happening "intermittently and seemingly indiscriminately".

AsaSK wrote:

The color channel glitch for small lightmaps was fixed in v0.3.1, I recommend getting v0.3.2 though which is available here.

Hi ASM, thanks a lot for the reply. After looking more closely it appears that the model is not tinted, it's just dark because no lightmap has been applied. In-game it certainly has no lightmap and uses scene light. One of the models that isn't lightmapping properly is 4build76.4ds(i3d), I'm not sure what's different about it or any of the other models that don't lightmap because other instances of the same model elsewhere in the scene lightmap perfectly.

Thanks for the advice RE using v0.3.0.2, this issue doesn't happen in that version Smile

As a side note, sometimes lightmaps bake properly but then the next time you open the scene they are gone.. I must have baked one six times before I realised! This happens in v0.3.0.1, v0.3.0.2 & v0.4.0..

ASM.

263 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:24 am    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

AsaSK wrote:

As a side note, sometimes lightmaps bake properly but then the next time you open the scene they are gone.. I must have baked one six times before I realised! This happens in v0.3.0.1, v0.3.0.2 & v0.4.0..

Hm sounds like the editor misses serialization of lightmaps for some objects at times. That would also explain the issue you're experiencing with some instances of 4build76.4ds. Do you still have the version of the mission you used to create that screenshot? What does that scene look like if you open it in the editor again? Are these unlit instances still marked for lightmap generation?
AsaSK

9830 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:
Do you still have the version of the mission you used to create that screenshot? What does that scene look like if you open it in the editor again? Are these unlit instances still marked for lightmap generation?

Going back into the editor after a save the 'Bitmap' button is no longer depressed, but in DC||ED there is still a lightmap entry for that object Thinking

AsaSK

9830 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Here are some screens to accompany, though they're obviously from an older version of MWE (the problem affects all versions). Sorry, I meant to upload these sooner Wink

BEFORE: The freshly-lightmapped model

AFTER: Upon saving and re-opening it has disappeared

MEANWHILE: There is still a lightmap entry shown in DC||ED

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

ASM.

263 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Thanks for the screenshots. I think I know what's wrong. The name of the instance has two dots. Dots are used for addressing children, so 4build15112.Mesh01 for example refers to the child Mesh01 of object 4build15112. Having two dots in the name confuses MWE and, from what it seems, the game, rendering them unable to associate the lightmap with the mesh.

You should be able to fix the issue by simply removing the first dot from the name (so it becomes 4build153i3d242373.4build154). The lightmaps should then be rendered again in the game and in MWE. Note that if you rename the objects via MWE, you'll have to rebuild lightmaps for them.

Also note that MWE informs you via the log if it is unable to resolve a lightmap reference during load. When loading your mission, you should see the line
Quote:

** WARNING **: Lightmap definition for not existing object 4build153.i3d242373.4build154! Skipping...
AsaSK

9830 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

ASM you're brilliant, thank you so much. What a silly mistake to make Sarcastic

I did some more lightmapping and MWE crashed on certain buildings, and after fiddling around in DC||ED trying to find which lightmap to delete to 'un-crash' it, I fixed it. I concluded that sometimes the editor doesn't like lightmapping models with other buildings as parents. Would I be correct in thinking this?

ASM.

263 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Hm don't really have an idea what could be causing this to be honest. Do you mind uploading your mission somewhere so I can try to reproduce the crash on my rig?
AsaSK

9830 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

I'd love to but unfortunately MWE isn't working properly at the moment and it's the program itself.. I've asked for help on a PC forum so hopefully I get it running again properly soon.

Quote:
After clearing out a nasty adware infection I've found that a graphical program I could use before now constantly 'flickers'.
By this I mean it works, but every few seconds it begins to freeze ("Not Responding') and unfreeze rapidly, causing a white-normal-white 'flickering' effect.

Have my anti-malware programs damaged something? I've reinstalled the graphical program several times so it's not the program itself.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: