FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit • View your posts • View unanswered posts

Mafia World Editor
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

219 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

The latest version is v0.4.0. See http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=122942#122942 for details.

Bugfix release for v0.3.0 so if you've been using that version already there's little news in here. Sticking out tongue

Changelog for v0.3.1:
Code:

* Fixed color channel order for single color bitmap lightmaps (thanks djbozkosz)
* Fixed not-rendering-anything issue with 'extreme' and maybe other missions

Link: http://www.ccgm.de/Mafia/Editor/Editor.v0.3.1.7z

I currently don't plan to do any further work on MWE due to djbozkosz' very promising editor. I don't think the community is big enough to warrant two editors. Laughing
I'm OK with doing small bugfixes though so if you notice any bugs, let me know.

Last edited by ASM. on Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:48 am; edited 2 times in total
AsaSK

8240 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:56 am    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Thanks for this! It's a shame you won't be continuing with MWE though, it changed modding as we know it! Smile

If there are little bugs/improvements should we just post them here?

The official Mafioso Mod thread
djbozkosz

1861 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Thank you ASM. I didn't expect that you are reading this forums Very happy
But my editor is still a long way to go.

Btw, about MWE
which framework and compiler did you use for develop this?
I guess wxWidgets from included libraries.

Web | Youtube | Developer at
ASM.

219 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

AsaSK wrote:

If there are little bugs/improvements should we just post them here?

Yeah, I think that's probably the best.

djbozkosz wrote:

But my editor is still a long way to go.

To be honest I think the same applies to MWE to some extend as it really needs an overhaul in several areas:

• The renderer needs to be reworked to properly support sectors/portals/occluders and alpha blending
  • Collision editing is awful with the psychedelic colored primitives
  • Proxy visuals for lights/sounds/scripts/etc. are awful and it's hard to determine their rotation in the viewport
  • MWE could really use some option to disable rendering of certain objects, like for example having the ability to toggle rendering of scene.4ds, scene2.bin, cache.bin, collision primitives, etc.
  • Undo/Redo support
  • Multiselection support
  • Asset/Model browser/Favourites
  • Mission editing support (script editing etc., basically integrating the features of DC||ED)
  • Path editing support (check/road)
  • Proper cache.bin editing support
  • Occluder/sector/portal visualisation/editing
  • Scene.4ds editing maybe (cloning/deleting objects only)
  • (Optional) Rendering of a grid in the viewport
  • The object browser could use a rework, like displaying the objects in a tree rather than a linear list, and maybe listing cache.bin objects as well
  • Export/Import functionality to quickly copy stuff between missions, akin to DC||ED's *.dnc files, but with support for scene.4ds objects, collision data and paths. Such a feature would allow to create mods like GOLOD's CityBars comparably easily.
  • Scene2.bin <-> Cache.bin object conversion support
  • younameit

djbozkosz wrote:

Btw, about MWE
which framework and compiler did you use for develop this?
I guess wxWidgets from included libraries.

The latest build is compiled with Visual Studio 2013 and I'm using wxWidgets 2.8.10 as UI framework.
AsaSK

8240 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

ASM are you able to fix the game crashing and exiting if delete is pressed accidentally with nothing selected/crashing if an object is accidentally given the dimensions of 0;0;0?

ASM.

219 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Quote:

ASM are you able to fix the game crashing and exiting if delete is pressed accidentally with nothing selected

Hmm I'm not able to reproduce the issue. The bug was present in pre v0.2.6, but should be fixed since v0.2.9.

Quote:

crashing if an object is accidentally given the dimensions of 0;0;0?

For me the crash happens if I try to scale an object again after setting scaling for at least one axis to zero. Is that the issue you're having? Just for clarification in case I'm missing something else here.
AsaSK

8240 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:
Quote:

ASM are you able to fix the game crashing and exiting if delete is pressed accidentally with nothing selected

Hmm I'm not able to reproduce the issue. The bug was present in pre v0.2.6, but should be fixed since v0.2.9.

Quote:

For me the crash happens if I try to scale an object again after setting scaling for at least one axis to zero. Is that the issue you're having? Just for clarification in case I'm missing something else here.

Ah yes my bad, it is fixed in v0.3.0.

And yes, that's the one. Occasionally I do that accidentally and there's a horrible moment when I know that the next thing I click will kill the program Wink

Kamelot

61 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Sad does not work error APPCRASH

MissionPaths:

missions\tutorial

missions\freeitaly
missions\freeride
missions\freeridenoc
missions\freekrajina
missions\freekrajinanoc

missions\mise04-saliery
missions\mise04-motorest
missions\mise05-saliery
missions\mise07b-chuligani
missions\mise08-hotel
missions\mise09-prejimka
missions\mise15-pristav
missions\mise18-pristav

models\taxi00.4ds
models\nadz_zastavka.4ds
models\4old071.4ds
missions\tutorial\scene.4ds
Ventilator

1254 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

For me this versionn doesnīt work also,
It also ends with an Appcrash.

version v0.2.9 works
version v0.3.0.7 works
version v0.3.1 refuses to work...

Regards

V3NT1L4T0R
Kamelot

61 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Ventilator wrote:

version v0.2.9 works
version v0.3.0.7 works

Regards

I use version v0.3.1 http://mafiascene.com/modules.php?name=downloads&cat_id=1&last_id=0
AsaSK

8240 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Kamelot wrote:
Ventilator wrote:

version v0.2.9 works
version v0.3.0.7 works

Regards

I use version v0.3.1 http://mafiascene.com/modules.php?name=downloads&cat_id=1&last_id=0

Yes, but as Ventilator said, it doesn't work for him.

ASM.

219 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Kamelot, Ventilator:
I take you both mean it crashes on application startup, is that correct? Can you provide more details about the crash? What OS are you using?
Ventilator

1254 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:
Kamelot, Ventilator:
I take you both mean it crashes on application startup, is that correct? Can you provide more details about the crash? What OS are you using?

Details:
Win7 64bit home AMD 8-core processor 8GB Ram,

Anyway, I donīt think itīs hardware or OS because earlier versions run fine.

How it come to crash:
1st I copied editor to c:\spiele\Mafia_Editor_v0.3.1
As i tried to start i got the message no rwdata.dll

after that i copied rwdata.dll (tha patched one not the original) into c:\spiele\Mafia_Editor_v0.3.1

Than editor started normally.

Appcrash occured when i try to load a mission.

Regards

V3NT1L4T0R
Neutral

276 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

My experience is that a file has been modified scene trying to open a new editor will crash. If the file has been modified by script or saved by the old version v.0.2.9 will cause crash in the new MWE. They can not open the new MWE is only original mafia scene files and what I saved it after with itself, and these may have been time and again to load and save the new version without problems. So if you used to be modificated by You scene files with old MWE can open it. Now I'm using two versions: the old MWE for already modificated IK mod 2 version freeride scene2.bin and the new one with an original mafia freekrajina files.
This editor is my favourit to create new objects now and really helpfull thing but i mostly need an "undo" function if it possible.
Thumbs up (left)
ASM.

219 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

ventilator wrote:

How it come to crash:
1st I copied editor to c:\spiele\Mafia_Editor_v0.3.1
As I tried to start I got the message no rwdata.dll

after that I copied rwdata.dll (tha patched one not the original) into c:\spiele\Mafia_Editor_v0.3.1

Than editor started normally.

Looks like I forgot to include a default Editor.ini in the v0.3.1 release which is rather important when installing the editor to any path other than the game's installation directory. It's used to point the editor to your game installation as well as to configure what dta files to mount. Even though I wasn't able to reproduce the crash, the editor wouldn't work properly even if it didn't crash since it would be unable to find any mission files.

You should be able to use the Editor.ini from the previous release without problem.

ventilator wrote:

Appcrash occured when I try to load a mission.

Assuming that the missing ini file is not the problem, when exactly does the crash occur? Right when starting to load a mission? When the mission has finished loading and the scene is about to get rendered? What does the editor log say?

Neutral wrote:

This editor is my favourit to create new objects now and really helpfull thing but I mostly need an "undo" function if it possible.

Yeah, "undo" functionality would indeed be handy. The problem is however that it requires deeper changes to the editor that I currently don't see me doing. I don't want to rule it out completely, but better don't count on it.

I don't know if it helps but the editor allows to temporarily disable object picking by holding the X key. This should help to reduce the number of cases where you accidently pick and drag the wrong object.

AsaSK wrote:

Will be fixed in v0.3.2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: