FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Mafia World Editor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ventilator

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

1254 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Problem solved !

I just use editor.ini from previous version.
No appcrash since then...

THX a lot

V3NT1L4T0R
ASM.

387 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:53 am    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

v0.3.2 released. Contains minor improvements/fixes.

Changelog:
Code:

* Objects now stick to the mouse cursor when dragged in viewport
* Fixed potential crash when lightmapping meshes with degenerate triangles
* Introduced lower bound for scaling via property panel

Link: http://www.ccgm.de/Mafia/Editor/Editor.v0.3.2.7z
ASM.

387 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

v0.4.0 released. This version completes the lightmapping implementation introduced in v0.3.0 and allows to lightmap sectors and, as such, entire missions now. In addition to that the renderer supports billboards and alpha transparency now. The full changelog can be found below. Make sure to read the Readme.txt as there're a few breaking changes since v0.3.x.

Changelog:
Code:

* Added support for lightmapping sectors/missions
* Added support for vertex lightmaps to lightmappper
* Added support for alpha transparency. The option to hide alpha materials has been removed.
* Added support for billboards
* Reworked UI a bit
* Billboards now cast rotation-invariant shadows
* Various material rendering improvements. The editor now properly renders color-only, emissive and two-sided materials.
* Changing edit mode is now dona via 1, 2, 3 and 4; the CTRL modifier is not needed anymore. Look Mode is not accessible via the mode keys anymore.
* Added support for clearing current selection via ESC
* Removed object selection mode (CTRL-S) and replaced it with a pick modifier that is temporarily activated by holding Y
* Right-clicking in viewport now toggles between Look Mode and currently active edit mode
* Enabled shadow casting from script actors. Fixes tutorial's 2stulc not casting shadows.
* The editor now marks 4ds objects with *wcol* in their name as deactivated. This enables to show/hide these objects in the viewport via the "Draw Disabled Objects" setting and makes the lightmapper
  ignore them as shadow casters.
* Disabled picking of dummies that are part of the hierarchy of a model instance
* Split up Readme.txt into topic files
* Fixed lightmap process aborting
* Fixed lightmapper producing black borders at object boundaries for certain objects (thanks GOLOD)
* Another fix for lightmapping meshes with degenerate triangles
* Fixed potential deadlock at the end of a lightmapping process
* Fixed potential crash if editor fails to load (alpha) textures (thanks GOLOD)
* Fixed loading TGAs (thanks GOLOD)
* Fixed picking of dummies
* Fixed lighting in LI - CI tunnel in freeitaly
* Fixed billboards erroneously getting culled in the viewport after rotating them

Link: http://www.ccgm.de/Mafia/Editor/Editor.v0.4.0.7z
vapno92

596 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

YEAH!
Thank YOU! Is it finally possible to do multi-level lightmaps?
Firefox3860

59 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Thank you! Very happy And in this version is possible to change the material of collision for the whole group faces?
Jorns

117 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Perfect ! You must continue with editor development.

I wait for next updates - checkpoint suppor, multiple objects selection, and insertion of objects with def...
djbozkosz

1861 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

thanks for the next version Smile

while testing i encountered to the ls3d border maybe. first to 6th levels works fine but when i created 7th level, then game was crashing after load. 1-6 levels were also used.

then, i'm did not fully inspecting scene2.bin but i think, that file was valid Thinking

Web | Youtube | Developer at
ASM.

387 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:36 am    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

vapno92 wrote:

Thank YOU! Is it finally possible to do multi-level lightmaps?

If you mean having multiple lightmap levels like in mise11-vila, then yes, that should work. The only issue is that it's still cumbersome to adjust the scene for each level as MWE does not yet provide options for turning individual lights off for example. For each level you'd have to adjust the scene with DC||ED/Hex Editor/younameit, load it in MWE, build lightmaps and so on.

Firefox3860 wrote:

Thank you! Very happy And in this version is possible to change the material of collision for the whole group faces?

You can change material and flags for individual triangles, for the set of triangles belonging to a specific material group or for all triangles of the mesh. See docs\Collision Model Editing.txt, section Face Col Data for details.

djbozkosz wrote:

while testing i encountered to the ls3d border maybe. first to 6th levels works fine but when i created 7th level, then game was crashing after load. 1-6 levels were also used.

then, i'm did not fully inspecting scene2.bin but i think, that file was valid Thinking

You might have a point here. There's a screenshot showing the scene editor used by IS internally and it only allows to set levels 0 - 5 so maybe there's indeed a limit in place.

On the other hand I just did a quick test in tutorial. I created lightmaps for all eight levels for object Loft42 and the game loads the mission just fine... Thinking
vapno92

596 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

What are the rules for creating lightmaps by selecting sector? I selected Primary Sector, it created lightmaps on road meshed, but NOT on scene2.bin objects..also not in other scene.4DS objects, like footbal playground. How can I change the rules?
ASM.

387 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

vapno92 wrote:

What are the rules for creating lightmaps by selecting sector? I selected Primary Sector, it created lightmaps on road meshed, but NOT on scene2.bin objects..also not in other scene.4DS objects, like footbal playground. How can I change the rules?

MWE only lightmaps objects that a) are marked for lightmap generation for the active lightmap level and b) don't already have a built lightmap. MWE renders these objects cyan if unselected. In order to mark objects for lightmapping, pick them and press either 'Bitmap' or 'Vertex'. If one of these buttons is depressed, the object is already marked for lightmap generation.
_vcn

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

This is just awesome. Almost feels like working with Ptero-Engine II Editor (official editor for Vietcong). For sure this attracts more moders to the game. Too sad Illusion Softworks hasn't given us any modding tools and the LS3D Engine SDK. Unlike Pterodon has.
urza

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Would be nice to see an option to save tools window positions in editor.ini. Or you can just adjust width's Smile.

Thanks fot this nice tool.
AsaSK

11536 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:44 am    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I exported some terrain I created from 3DS Max, through Zmodeler and then into Mafia.
I then inserted it into the world in MWE and it looks fine - but when I go into the game the model isn't there.

Has anyone ever come across this issue and/or know how to fix it?

(By the way, the faces are facing the right way up on the model - just in case anybody thought it was a backface culling issue).

The official Mafioso Mod thread
Ventilator

1254 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:24 am    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

If its one model, maybe its just too big.
You need to have Distance models than.

In zmodeler create 2 copys and name it NAMEOFMODEL:1 NAMEOFMODEL:2
Make sure that their axis are all the same position.

V3NT1L4T0R
AsaSK

11536 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Thanks for the help Ventilator!

Is there any way I can clone all the segments before they get to Zmodeler? Lining up axis gives me a headache..

The official Mafioso Mod thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: