FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Lost Heaven Bureau of Spam

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geran30

Site Staff
Site Staff

157 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Lost Heaven Bureau of Spam Reply with quote

LHBS! Right now I have contacted Chris on many occasions regarding registration and I'm sick of hearing myself talk about it haha. So Usually I chat with him on FB but he has been absent for a while as we are so desperate I've emailed him on his personal work mail to get the full rights to the website.

The idea is Registration will be re opening, having it closed is doing so much harm its unreal. I've added 5 new users over the past 4 days and I wonder how many didn't even bother once they saw the message its closed.

We need you! The idea is we will have a special moderator group that will be purely for the combating of spam and bots. Your job would be to delete the bots and their posts, or depending on permissions just the posts and forward the names of the bots to me and ill delete the bots when I'm online.

It would be better to have bots come in and a group combating them activly and keeping on top of it rather than losing out on members. As always ideas are welcome and please if you wish to help put yourself forward here!
Members:
Mnich
Matteo

Candidates:

We're back.... For good!

Last edited by geran30 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:19 pm; edited 4 times in total
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Lost Heaven Bureau of Spam Reply with quote

You can count on me in this case. It would be nice to do something good for MS.

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
geran30

Site Staff
Site Staff

157 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Heaven Bureau of Spam Reply with quote

Mnich wrote:
You can count on me in this case. It would be nice to do something good for MS.

There you go, added to the post.

We're back.... For good!
MatteoCapoletti

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Lost Heaven Bureau of Spam Reply with quote

sign me up I am infront of my computer 10 hours 6 days a week

I LOVE IT!
geran30

Site Staff
Site Staff

157 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Lost Heaven Bureau of Spam Reply with quote

MatteoCapoletti wrote:
sign me up I am infront of my computer 10 hours 6 days a week

I LOVE IT!

Added you my good man. Thumbs up (left)

We're back.... For good!
Luppi

1627 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Lost Heaven Bureau of Spam Reply with quote

It seems like we don't really have that much spam on the site since the registration being re-opened recently. I have checked our e-mail address used in the Contact form and that has been FILLED with spam while the registration was down.

Hopefully we've managed to evade the pests.
Mr Robville

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Lost Heaven Bureau of Spam Reply with quote

Looks good so far. Smile *knock knock*
I hope this will be enough. One spammer every once in a while is no biggie, but before the registration form closed down it was a madhouse.

I notice the site activity has increased a bit since the re-opening. With real members! Thumbs up (left)

www.Robville.net
Luppi

1627 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Lost Heaven Bureau of Spam Reply with quote

Yeah, it's all the better to surf the site without erectile dysfunction ads all over the place.
AsaSK

8763 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Heaven Bureau of Spam Reply with quote

Luppi wrote:
Yeah, it's all the better to surf the site without erectile dysfunction ads all over the place.

Laughing

The official Mafioso Mod thread
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1254 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Heaven Bureau of Spam Reply with quote

Luppi wrote:

Made my day, Luppi Laughing
Luppi

1627 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Lost Heaven Bureau of Spam Reply with quote

I am happy to oblige you my dear friends. *bows*
Hunter

1553 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Lost Heaven Bureau of Spam Reply with quote

The proper way to do it would be adding a couple of "challenge questions" any one can answer, and not what's 2+2, more like, what's the name of the main character in "MAFIA?"

Or some approval process.

But that wouldn't be the Mafia Scene way of doing it... Impossible
geran30

Site Staff
Site Staff

157 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Lost Heaven Bureau of Spam Reply with quote

We have added a question to the form now, it was done when Chris re opened the registration. Keep the ideas coming though, the spam group is on hold currently as we work out a few things but ideas are welcome.

We're back.... For good!
Hunter

1553 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject: Lost Heaven Bureau of Spam Reply with quote

That's good. What's the question?
geran30

Site Staff
Site Staff

157 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Lost Heaven Bureau of Spam Reply with quote

Locked due to this group being redundant, we now have a moderator group.

We're back.... For good!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Site Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: