FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

New year, New ideas! [2014 edition]

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geran30

Site Staff
Site Staff

157 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: New year, New ideas! [2014 edition] Reply with quote

Lets have it, I've had a rough time pre Xmas and sadly drifted thanks to shit hitting said fan. Things are all settled now and I'm back to normal. Id like to hear your ideas for this site and what else we can do to keep us all active.

Also if anything has happened please feel free to catch me up and am I once again the last staffer standing? (Im sure Muggy is still here with me!)

Also just like to say it was nice to come back to seeing MS so busy, it's busier now than it was last year!

We're back.... For good!

Last edited by geran30 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: New year, New ideas! Reply with quote

My only idea at this moment is to restore the registration so we can gain more users. I guess it won't work without Chris' help. Any news from him?

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
geran30

Site Staff
Site Staff

157 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: New year, New ideas! Reply with quote

I have literally just messaged him on Facebook about it. Hoping he will pop on and sort it out, the idea was all well and good but last time I spoke with chris he agreed it's doing more harm than good.

If said bots become a problem again a group can always be set up with the task of deleting spam threads and bots or something alike.

We're back.... For good!
MatteoCapoletti

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: New year, New ideas! Reply with quote

Okay I have a suggestion....

What if we had this forum and treated like a WIKI with approved editors (pretty much what we have now,) and set up a secondary forum or blog for discussion

and then put a link to it from the home page. We could even use a hosted service like blogspot or word press. That way it doesn't collide and cause problems with Chris' hosting

Hmmm gonna try something
PITEK

Site Staff
Site Staff

825 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: New year, New ideas! Reply with quote

I think that Mafiascene also needs much more content, especially in download categories which are looking miserable now.
geran30

Site Staff
Site Staff

157 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: New year, New ideas! Reply with quote

We did have a wikia, a knowledge base is a fantastic idea if we can get it in some form with writers and yes the downloads are looking pretty bad.
We need one or two people to be dedicated to filling it up and sourcing all the mods we lost to get it looking full once again.

We're back.... For good!
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1258 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: New year, New ideas! Reply with quote

Yes, I definitely agree about downloads. We should upload much more content. Also, I agree that the registration must be restored in order not to put off possible community contributors, despite the bots we might encounter. That's my opinion Smile
PITEK

Site Staff
Site Staff

825 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: New year, New ideas! Reply with quote

geran30 wrote:
We need one or two people to be dedicated to filling it up and sourcing all the mods we lost to get it looking full once again.

I think that I can do that, if you want of course. I can try get some permissions from the authors for uploading their Mafia I & II mods here.
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: New year, New ideas! Reply with quote

I remember that the photo gallery was very huge before. I think it's impossible to gather all lost pictures, especially from beta. But anyway, it would be nice to see more pictures in the gallery.

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
geran30

Site Staff
Site Staff

157 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: New year, New ideas! Reply with quote

Your help would be really appreciated PITEK and we really need to drive members to upload to the gallery. Something like a return of image of the week or competitions and bank note rewards. Thinking

We're back.... For good!
Hunter

1564 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: New year, New ideas! Reply with quote

Mnich wrote:
I remember that the photo gallery was very huge before. I think it's impossible to gather all lost pictures, especially from beta.

That's not COOOL.
geran30

Site Staff
Site Staff

157 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: New year, New ideas! Reply with quote

Hunter wrote:
Mnich wrote:
I remember that the photo gallery was very huge before. I think it's impossible to gather all lost pictures, especially from beta.

That's not COOOL.

I always thought it was cool..... Laughing

We're back.... For good!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Site Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: