FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Fave Mission
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lightingft

16 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Fave Mission Reply with quote

Back into forums, so let's get the discussion boilin'! What's your fave' mission in Mafia 1, guys?
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1256 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Fave Mission Reply with quote

Hey, lighting, good to see you back. I couldn't probably pick out a particular mission because I've played this game ever since I was a little kid and find them all absolutely awesome. "Fair Play", the Corleone Hotel mission, "A Trip to the country", you name it Very happy But I guess I especially liked the villa burglary. One reason is because I like stealth, and the other thing is you get to learn how to steal the Silver Fletcher if you're not seen before the prosecutor arrives. What about you?
lightingft

16 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Fave Mission Reply with quote

linukkis wrote:
Hey, lighting, good to see you back. I couldn't probably pick out a particular mission because I've played this game ever since I was a little kid and find them all absolutely awesome. "Fair Play", the Corleone Hotel mission, "A Trip to the country", you name it Very happy But I guess I especially liked the villa burglary. One reason is because I like stealth, and the other thing is you get to learn how to steal the Silver Fletcher if you're not seen before the prosecutor arrives. What about you?

Haha, Villa Burglery, I didn't really like it because it was too hard for me when I was a kid, but I loved it because it was before my favourite mission, that Whiskey Deal.. 'A Great Deal' I think. But now it's pretty sweet. Now idk which mission is my favourite, alot as well, maybe A Great Deal, Moonlighting and the final mission (which is sad)
MatteoCapoletti

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Fave Mission Reply with quote

I don't know if I would call this one my favorite, but the most intriguing one to me is the one where you finally get to kill Morello (I forget the name)

I still can't figure out what triggers that thing from sending you into the airport to shoot down the plain or to chase him off the bridge
lightingft

16 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Fave Mission Reply with quote

MatteoCapoletti wrote:
I don't know if I would call this one my favorite, but the most intriguing one to me is the one where you finally get to kill Morello (I forget the name)

I still can't figure out what triggers that thing from sending you into the airport to shoot down the plain or to chase him off the bridge

Yeah, I wonder what triggers it too! It was Don Morello, while his brother being Sergio Morello. Don Morello's name is unknown, I think.
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1256 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Fave Mission Reply with quote

Yeah yeah yeah, I think it's called "You lucky bastard!", a fabulous one. I've completed the game like 13 times or so, but only once I got the other ending with the bridge. I think I read somewhere about how to trigger the second ending, I just can't put my finger on it Thinking
AsaSK

8783 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Fave Mission Reply with quote

lightingft wrote:
MatteoCapoletti wrote:

Yeah, I wonder what triggers it too! It was Don Morello, while his brother being Sergio Morello. Don Morello's name is unknown, I think.

Looking at the script it's an "inrange" flag, meaning if you follow him too closely he will drive to the bridge, but if you follow him at a distance he will 'have time' to enter the airport and you can shoot his plane down from there.

The official Mafioso Mod thread
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1256 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Fave Mission Reply with quote

Asa's right, that's exactly what I read some time ago. However, when I once followed Morello, I was at his heels because he had crashed somewhere, and I still didn't get the "exclusive" ending Sad Musta been a glitch of some sort
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Fave Mission Reply with quote

Sounds simple and yet it's a tough question. I love all the missions, but if I had to choose one, I would choose "Better get used to it." This mission has a great atmosphere. First, we need to take revenge on a few hooligans (and Mafia's revenge is very painful). Secondly, this mission is divided on everything we need in this type of game: gathering information, melee combat, shooting and chase. Besides, I love the fog in this mission and when things turn out to be more serious (hooligans are pulling their guns), it starting to rain (what a great thought!). But I also love "Visiting rich people", because just like linukkis, I love stealth and this is probably the only mission in which everything can be done quietly, without killing everyone around.

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
lightingft

16 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Fave Mission Reply with quote

Mnich wrote:
Sounds simple and yet it's a tough question. I love all the missions, but if I had to choose one, I would choose "Better get used to it." This mission has a great atmosphere. First, we need to take revenge on a few hooligans (and Mafia's revenge is very painful). Secondly, this mission is divided on everything we need in this type of game: gathering information, melee combat, shooting and chase. Besides, I love the fog in this mission and when things turn out to be more serious (hooligans are pulling their guns), it starting to rain (what a great thought!). But I also love "Visiting rich people", because just like linukkis, I love stealth and this is probably the only mission in which everything can be done quietly, without killing everyone around.

Ohh. Better get used to it. I didn't really like it because I SUCKED at Melee, but that mission, man it's amazing, indeed. I loved the shooting part, and how it later followed up to Hotel Corleone mission and later an unexecpted 'visit' to the Church, where apparantely it was the thug's you killed..- Friend or brother, can't remember (maybe even father. Completely forgot) which was stunningly amazing.
MatteoCapoletti

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Fave Mission Reply with quote

linukkis wrote:
Asa's right, that's exactly what I read some time ago. However, when I once followed Morello, I was at his heels because he had crashed somewhere, and I still didn't get the "exclusive" ending Sad Musta been a glitch of some sort

Yeah I've played that mission where I was so close to his a** that his body guard suggested we get a room.

I've played that dozens of times, and may once or twice in the early days it went to the other ending
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276212 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Fave Mission Reply with quote

Indeed, welcome back lightingft.

Nice topic Applause

I never really had any favorite missions in Mafia CoLH
but there was one which I liked for the atmosphere
especially the storm effects and the sound of the rain
and that was (racks brain) "A Trip To The Country"

lightingft

16 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Fave Mission Reply with quote

Muggy wrote:
Indeed, welcome back lightingft.

Nice topic Applause

I never really had any favorite missions in Mafia CoLH
but there was one which I liked for the atmosphere
especially the storm effects and the sound of the rain
and that was (racks brain) "A Trip To The Country"

Yes! I loved that one!
(Thanks btw)
kavi85

133 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:34 am    Post subject: Fave Mission Reply with quote

I loved all missions but if that matter best mission choice than mission is 'Save Sarah' in which Tommy fight the gangsters to save sarah and another one is Cigar smuggling, Probably forgot the name but the scene is where Tommy Sam Paulie get to take cigars in a night from out of city. What a fantastic Mod in night scene, with thunder sounds...totally awesome Applause Applause
DMateo07

178 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Fave Mission Reply with quote

The hard to select, all missions is a brilliant! But I think that the best are "Elections Campaign" and "A Great Deal!", because there are the really nice shooters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: