FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Can't change password

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
niko32

20 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Can't change password Reply with quote

I've got a password Mr Robville gave me to log in here and it did well. Naturally I wanna change it, because it's a generic and not very secure, but when I change it, and log out, I still must type my old password to log in.

Maybe there are some restrictions to passwords length, mine is 20 characters long?
Any ideas? Thanks
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276214 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't change password Reply with quote

niko32 wrote:
I've got a password Mr Robville gave me to log in here and it did well. Naturally I wanna change it, because it's a generic and not very secure, but when I change it, and log out, I still must type my old password to log in.

Maybe there are some restrictions to passwords length, mine is 20 characters long?
Any ideas? Thanks

in your profile did you input your current password
then input the new password then confirm the
new password, scroll down and click apply?

If there is a limit of how many characters you can
put. Then the simple suggestion is to try a shorter
password say maybe 11 or 12 characters max.

niko32

20 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Can't change password Reply with quote

Yes I did all that, input old and new passwords in right order, many times and it didn't help.

And since my current generic password is 11 character long, I've tried 11 and 12 character passwords that contain only letters and numbers, no luck here too. Sad
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276214 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't change password Reply with quote

niko32 wrote:
Yes I did all that, input old and new passwords in right order, many times and it didn't help.

And since my current generic password is 11 character long, I've tried 11 and 12 character passwords that contain only letters and numbers, no luck here too. Sad

possibly a bug Thinking

Not really sure what we can do, Chris K (site owner) is unavailable to fix any problems on the site and the rest of the staff don't have access to make any changes.

niko32

20 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't change password Reply with quote

Muggy wrote:

possibly a bug Thinking

Not really sure what we can do, Chris K (site owner) is unavailable to fix any problems on the site and the rest of the staff don't have access to make any changes.

Could be a bug. I really don't feel comfortable with that password I currently have. Sad
If the site doesn't permit You to change passwords, Maybe You or Mr Robville could register me a new account then with my new username which I use on MS.net and please email me a more secure password.
I currently see no other solution. Any suggestions?

Last edited by niko32 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Hunter

1564 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Can't change password Reply with quote

If Mr Robville gave you a password to an account you made, he can change it for you.

Unless the site has broken since he changed it. Laughing
niko32

20 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't change password Reply with quote

Hunter wrote:
If Mr Robville gave you a password to an account you made, he can change it for you.

Unless the site has broken since he changed it. Laughing

I hope, but since the site situation is what it is for now, I don't know if he can change it.
Actually, I think he made an account for me with a same old username.
Hunter

1564 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Can't change password Reply with quote

If he made the account, then he might not be able to change the password. Anyone with db access can overwrite your password.

Maybe it's related to the registration thing they did recently.
niko32

20 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Can't change password Reply with quote

Only problem is the insecure password Mr Robville gave me, probably assuming that I will be able to change it, but unfortunately I can't.
So if some wicked spam bot starts to spam site from my account, don't take it personally. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Site Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: