FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Trains, Vlak, etc..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Tools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

8240 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Trains, Vlak, etc.. Reply with quote

I've been looking into the mechanics of the two instances in Mafia where trains/wagons are used, and both are in mission 15.

So far I've been trying to recreate these instances by cheating it with scripts that move frames with variables, but this can only achieve a straight line of movement.

Looking at the script that allows you to activate the gas tank wagons in order to blow open Sergio Morello's hideout, I came across several commands that are obviously integral in making the object move along the paths set out for it in check/road/scene2.bin - I remember them being something along the lines of "wagon_setevent" and "wagon_node".

Does anyone know anything about the function of either of these commands or a model animation that makes the train's wheels appear moving? From the hex of the .rep for the cutscene where Morello escapes the train crossing, I found something like "15g_loko01.i3d", but when I did tests it had no effect on either human or model (model when used with "model_playanim").

Can anyone shed any light on either of the above queries? Many thanks.

The official Mafioso Mod thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Tools All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: