FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

GTA V
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Games Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

GTA V PC Version?
Dedicated PC
53%
 53%  [8]
Console Port
13%
 13%  [2]
Forget It, They Will Never Make a PC version
6%
 6%  [1]
I like chips with everything
26%
 26%  [4]
Total Votes : 15

Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276214 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: GTA V Reply with quote

With the release being the 17th of this month (September)
again Rockstar as per usual concentrate on the consoles;
Xbox 360 and PS3 (so much for the PS4 and Xbox720 rumour-mill)

Half-hearted promises of a PC version...yeah right the only way they
will make a version for PC will be a poor console port YET again. Mind
you may be they will actually listen to the PC gaming market.. I have to
admit that I have never used any GTA mods for any of the franchise..
however tbh when fully utilized PC versions of GTA have always
(when they work properly) been better looking than console versions;
yet to see a console version with full-screen anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering.

What are your thoughts do you think Rockstar will make a dedicated PC version or just another console port?

GTA III still the ground-breaking version of the GTA series in my opinion.

Last edited by Muggy on Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
MatteoCapoletti

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: GTA V Reply with quote

Not much into the GTA franchise, but pc gaming is almost dead. All I do is PC gaming and the last game I bought was Portal 2, 6 months ago. If they do make a pc version it will not be full PC there is not enough money in it. It will be a port

When EA stopped making its sports games for PC you knew it was over
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276214 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: GTA V Reply with quote

MatteoCapoletti wrote:
Not much into the GTA franchise, but pc gaming is almost dead. All I do is PC gaming and the last game I bought was Portal 2, 6 months ago. If they do make a pc version it will not be full PC there is not enough money in it. It will be a port

When EA stopped making it's sports games for PC you knew it was over

EA got awarded the worst company in the USA. Not really surprised, their support was the worst ever. Yeah I was a fan of the TW PGA Tour series from 2003 up to 2008. (I digress) but hey who cares.. Laughing

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/04/09/ea-voted-worst-company-in-america-again/

Fortunately Rockstar does have a modicum of better support, but not perfect. I would not say PC gaming is totally finished, but it sure is
dwindling; almost seems pointless getting any upgrades.

Mr Robville

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: GTA V Reply with quote

MatteoCapoletti wrote:

When EA stopped making it's sports games for PC you knew it was over

I don't fully agree. The AAA market is going dead. Not PC gaming.
If EA and Square Enix proceed to use online DRM, butcher or simplify their games, they are soon done. But they are not the only publishers in the world.

Take Metro 2033/Last Light, Amnesia, Skyrim, Red Orchestra, Planetside or X Rebirth for example. Some great Titles that work wonderfully on PC, if not alone or better.
And even from the AAA industry other than EA and SE there are still lots of games being made and optimized for the PC. And lets not forget the rise of Indie games.

EA sports, is the last resort of EA games. But as if that would mean loss for the PC if that died off...
Their E3 conference was about 90% EA sports, 7% Battlefield and 3% about some other stuff.

Rockstar is one of the few developers that strangely bothers to release it for PC, but not with much effort.
Their ports of GTA are plain unoptimized. I have regrets of the PC copy I bought of GTA IV and L.A. Noire. On my computer that exeeded minimum requirements by far, it ran like a slideshow. And LAN wouldn't even start. So I neither expect a GTA V port will be good. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't port it at all as they did with Red Dead Redemption because it would go at the expense of atmosphere and a well made game.
But other than bad ports, I agree with Muggy about support, it's indeed very dedicated and helpfull. The reason LAN still doesn't work is because I'm too tired of proceeding to fix it. Certainly not due to lack of support.

So, No, I don't see PC gaming die soon. But the AAA companies however, I see them burn. Wink

In this regard, watch this perfectly accurate video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LE0ycgkBQ Laughing

www.Robville.net
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1258 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: GTA V Reply with quote

I think they will release GTA V on PC, but I also think they won't bother optimizing it. If they only made this game for consoles, there would be so many disappointed PC gamers. And since Grand Theft Auto name has become so widely known and popular, I doubt Rockstar will risk it. Even if the port is crappy, they will probably launch this game on PC as well. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

P.S. That video about EA is epic Very happy True story
@ndre

1045 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: GTA V Reply with quote

God damn, i wrote a long text and then the browser decided to go backwards and forwards an repeat the poll voting... Anyways, im starting to loose hope that there won't be a PC version, but guys at gtaforums.com aare saying everything points to a graphically improved PC version. All the leaks, info R* said and so on is suggesting that the game will be made on PC and will be way more better looking on PC than consoles. So lets hope for the best.

...previously known as MafiaEST Wink
RubyDragon949

723 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: GTA V Reply with quote

While we all know that R* don't exactly have the best track record when it comes to porting their games (GTA IV was terrible until about the 4TH PATCH half a year after it was released) I have found that the last two games they did (L.A Noire and Max Payne 3) ran fine. L.A Noire was a little choppy but nothing major really in my opinion and Max Payne 3 was fine, nothing wrong with it performance-wise at all in my opinion - it was a great game.

Hopefully R* are finally starting to get at least a little better with their ports. But as @ndre (MafiaEST) said, we shall just have to sit, wait, and hope for the best.

Regards

*Ruby*

The Commission Mod

The Robbery Mod

The Gangster Life Mod

Regards

*Ruby*
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: GTA V Reply with quote

It's hard to say which path they will choose. It would be nice to see GTA V on PC in one form or another. My computer is too old and I'm not too convinced to play on consoles. Anyway, remember that it's always about the money, as the Grand Theft Auto V will be a revolutionary game = $$$$$.

The more copies they will sell, the more money they will earn. It's simple.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276214 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: GTA V Reply with quote

Well I never.... Steam GTA V coming in the Fall (that's Autumn)
GTA V on Steam

I really hope we won't be flushed down the pan
with a console port.

linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1258 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: GTA V Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, it took a longer gap to release GTA V than GTA IV on PC. Let's hope this was worth the while and they've prepared the game for computers well
Mr Robville

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: GTA V Reply with quote

I once read that Rockstar spent over a hundred million dollars for the "next gen port" which included PC, PS4 and Xbox one. The long delay between consoles and PC gives me hope that this time it will be a properly running game instead of a cheap port. Time will tell. I'll be keeping an eye on Metacritic first before purchasing.

The trailer looks very promising. I love the extra details and shaders.

A small correction regarding my last post in this topic; X-Rebirth turns out to be complete crap. It's the definition of a crappy console port. GTA IV's port is a masterpiece compared to that game.

www.Robville.net
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276214 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:33 am    Post subject: GTA V Reply with quote

Now delayed until approx. January 2015

This could be taken either way

1: They are just stalling
2: They are working on a true PC version that is outstanding
....and not just another poorly optimized port

*did you see that pig flying around Rockstar North's Offices?*

Last edited by Muggy on Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Robville

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: GTA V Reply with quote

Yeah, R* can choose to be two things:
1. A corporate bastard deliberately delaying the PC version to sell more console copies.
2. An awesome developer that takes extra time for quality assurance to optimize the game for the PC to run perfectly.

I hope it's the latter. If so, I may be buying the game for PC as well.

www.Robville.net
Johncena1

169 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: GTA V Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
Yeah, R* can choose to be two things:
1. A corporate bastard deliberately delaying the PC version to sell more console copies.
2. An awesome developer that takes extra time for quality assurance to optimize the game for the PC to run perfectly.

I hope it's the latter. If so, I may be buying the game for PC as well.

Number 1 is probably right, they are most likely hoping that people won't wait the extra time for the PC version so will buy the new generation version to tide them over till the PC release, and then buy the PC version later. I'm not sure many people would do this though. Laughing

Hunter

1562 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: GTA V Reply with quote

Developers do less with more today, from the resource juggling acrobatics of the 1980s to the crass marketing of today. I slapped together a little picture back when we were focusing on The Godfather The Game The Program The Product, purely about how EA's approach to designing the box would be cannibalized by marketing and special interests and anything but the game and style. I wish I had the skill to put together such a video then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Games Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: