FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Matteo's hanging it up
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatteoCapoletti

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

977 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Matteo's hanging it up Reply with quote

8 months before Mafia scene returned, I had hung up "Matteo" and I was fine....

as the saying goes....just when I thought I was out, they dragged me back in"

Asa, told me that mafia scene was back and I said what the heck, why not see if there is any of the old stuff left.....it seemed to be cooking for a while, but the registration closed, and it became maybe a half dozen of us postiing, but I kept going, trying new things and posting them......but I have come to the end,

There is nothing left to try and nothing left to do. I would put in the grunt work of finishing Capoletti Mod, but I don't know why. (there is really no one left to play it) So with a heart full of appreciation for the last ten years of fun I say thank you Mafia Scene.....it was a heck of a ride.....but for Craig.......aka...Matteo I do think it is finally over.

I have run my course here and I have other things to do.....what I am not exactly sure...but with my very limited time, i need to leave this behind.

Still thinking of taking Capoletti into the realm of Fiction.... we'll see how that works out.

Any way I leave with nothing but happy thoughts for all the fun over the years....

Matteo sleeps with the fishes
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

277578 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Matteo's hanging it up Reply with quote

It's a pity that Chris K does not have or seem to have any free time
to sort out site issues I.E. the registration problem. It will be a pity
to see you go Craig (a.k.a. Matteo)... however I understand why,
there has been no real activity on this site tbh even since it's return.

Anyway, all the best, may be one day there will be a sudden flood
of new members Sarcastic and the dry bones of Mafia Scene will start to
join together and sinews and flesh will start to appear again.

AsaSK

11536 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: Matteo's hanging it up Reply with quote

RIP Don Capoletti/Nolan

The official Mafioso Mod thread
Hunter

2175 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Matteo's hanging it up Reply with quote

Seems like all my favourite places on the web have died out. Game servers died out, too. Activity was falling off here even before all the questionable changes. Like a good book, MAFIA will always be there, even if it sits on the shelf for a few years at a time.

As for this site, one very old game just isn't enough to sustain a forum. I wouldn't have minded too much an off topic focus, many sites have done that type of thing (like, starting as a CS forum but ending as a general technology type community), but they are the exception to the rule.

All I can say is, I miss the friends I had along the way. I hate to see the site like this. The design is beautiful, but the community, and every thing it ever did, is now just a memory.

Farewell Matteo; you were a great part of the MAFIA scene.
lostinmafia_heavenMS

186 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Matteo's hanging it up Reply with quote

Thanks for all your great contributions over the years to this magnificent game, it's greatly appreciated.

All the best Craig, and good luck with whatever you decide to do next.

So long Salute
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1282 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Matteo's hanging it up Reply with quote

Thank You Matteo for everything you've done to Mafia and Mafiascene. In my opinion you're one of the best (or even THE best) modder of the game. It's really sad to see you go, but everything is understandable. Good Luck, friend, and farewell! Salute
RubyDragon949

723 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Matteo's hanging it up Reply with quote

Matteo,

You were my inspiration to take up modding, and I've never regretted it since. But you're right, I've seen it too. There is no point in any of us denying this wonderful game has long since run it's course. The Commission Mod is really the only thing keeping me going, and honestly, I do not know what to do after I've released it in terms of whether there is anything left for me to do here or not.

I understand your decision completely though. Enjoy the rest of your time and I hope to maybe read the tales of the Capoletti family someday and think to myself "I remember these guys back when they were just characters on a computer game Smile "

You've done a lot for this "thing out ours" over the years (despite finding the game 3 years after release in a $5 bargain bin Wink ) and your work will never be forgotten. It really is only a handful of us keeping it together now.

Arrivederci, my friend. I wish you luck in whatever you do next.

Regards

*Ruby*

The Commission Mod

The Robbery Mod

The Gangster Life Mod

Regards

*Ruby*
PITEK

Site Staff
Site Staff

825 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Matteo's hanging it up Reply with quote

Mafia TCoLH is an 11 years old computer game now, no wonder that activity here is low.
Anyway, we really appreciate your contribution in Mafia modding Matteo!
Take care of yourself Craig. Salute
Mr Robville

255852 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Matteo's hanging it up Reply with quote

It's definitely a shame to see you go, but understandable.
You were with no doubt one of the best programmers out there!

I'm sure it's a collection of events that lead to the death of the community.
It started with Mafia 2 being an overall letdown for many, followed by the fact that it couldn't be modded. Then the servers went down, up, down, up and down again untill MS appeared completely gone. Then when we finally came back, it started to look good. But then this massive tsunami of spambots terrorized the forum forcing us to close the registration form. And on top of that, I'm sure that the contact form ends nowhere for people with manual registration requests. I received two messages from people on facebook who said they didn't receive any response.

www.Robville.net
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

47073 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Matteo's hanging it up Reply with quote

Hey Matteo, I just hope you will back here someday anyway. You will always be welcome here.

We should all stick together as one family.
MatteoCapoletti

977 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Matteo's hanging it up Reply with quote

well shit guys, there's nothing much else to do anywhere else, so I guess the drama queen is back.....

try to help keep this place kicking a little longer......maybe they will open up membership

For the boys
geran30

Site Staff
Site Staff

157 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Matteo's hanging it up Reply with quote

Thankyou for coming back, it means a lot to the community and to me.

We're back.... For good!
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1282 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Matteo's hanging it up Reply with quote

Matteo! Great to see you here! At least popping up into MafiaScene and posting something!!! It means a lot
ROB13

54 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Matteo's hanging it up Reply with quote

Welcome back, Matteo! I'm glad, that you returned Wink

Regards, ROB13
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

47073 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Matteo's hanging it up Reply with quote

Well I'm happy that your absence was so short.

Welcome back Applause
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: