FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

LS3D Sandbox
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vapno92

596 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
vapno92 wrote:
And, may I ask? What LS3D sandbox and 3DSmax have in common?

Nothing. Wink
3DS Max is a modeling software package to create, animate and render 3D models. LS3D sandbox is -as the name says- a sandbox editor for Mafia. Purely meant to create and edit worlds within Mafia's engine.
Whereas 3DS max can create and manipulate geometry, the sandbox editor can implement these models into a workable scene with lights, scripts, sounds and anything else to combined.

I know, it was susposed to be a ironic qustion, because I don't know, why Firefox is talking about 3DS max eport plugin in topic about LS3D Sandbox.
Firefox3860

37 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

vapno92 wrote:
I know, it was susposed to be a ironic qustion, because I don't know, why Firefox is talking about 3DS max eport plugin in topic about LS3D Sandbox.
Firefox did not write anything here about 3DS max eхport plugin
lol200004

21 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

djboz where are you? What news?
gotmilk

19 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

Hi. Could someone please reupload LS3D Sandbox. Currently it is offline. If you dot want to put it out on public could you just pm me.

Many thanks
djbozkosz

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

1861 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

hi, sorry I accidentally deleted sandbox directory in my dropbox account. I'll fix it soon Wink

for others: yes, current status is paused Crying . I don't have much time for develop last months and now and next week school starts again ...last year with diploma thesis, etc...

Web | Youtube | Developer at
AsaSK

8758 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

I'm starting final year too next week, I appreciate how busy you are - no rush, friend Smile

The official Mafioso Mod thread
huckleberrypie

279 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:27 am    Post subject: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

I understand that you're still busy with college and other IRL stuff right now, but I'm still looking forward to what you'll cook up soon, like custom peds and whatnot. Wink

Oh and just sent you a Facebook friend request too, if you don't mind.
gotmilk

19 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

Thank you for uploading again.

Question. Would it be possible to take the data from scene2.bin and convert them into 4ds? So each little object would be a copy in a 4ds scene and not a reference from the bin file.

Many thanks
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276202 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

gotmilk wrote:
Question. Would it be possible to take the data from scene2.bin and convert them into 4ds? So each little object would be a copy in a 4ds scene and not a reference from the bin file.

You have now asked this same question three
times; once in the MWE topic (which I deleted) You also made
another topic about this *here* AsaSK has answered you
in the topic you created; which I have linked to.

Please do not keep posting this question
on these forums.

To the OP of this thread: Please do not answer gotmilk
here, he already has been answered in the topic he
created.

Thanks

gotmilk

19 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:09 am    Post subject: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

Muggy this is a still legit question. I am asking if LS3D Sandbox would be able to do this. Since you were so eager to lock my topic i could not answer AsaSK. In fact that both of these amazing toole are able to read data from bin file shows that it is possible to have an export function where all those references are turned into separate copies of 3d objects that hold their individual Vector3 and Quaternion values and thus having a possibility to import an entire city into another 3d application.

Of course the entire another matter is that virtually no one needs this functionality because everyone is modding the game in its native engine. Since AsaSK told that this is impossible shows me that he has no plans to program this functionality into his application. So i decided to ask here because Sandbox has an export function (that is currently greyed out). That why i was asking again because maybe there is a chance that he plans to have this feature in future.

OP i would be very thankful if you could answer the question.
I just want to be 100% sure before i start to to export, copy and place every model from cache file by hand. It would be months of work that could be avoided.

Muggy. There is no need to treat me like an idiot. I am asking the same question because i know exactly what i need to do. The only diffetence is that this work could be finished in 3 weeks instead of 6 months if the tools supported the feature that i need. And this mod would drive alot of traffic to this site from VR community once Oculus Rift and Valve headsets are released. When i was a kid i always dreamed to visit that city on real life. Having a possibility to walk around in 4ds file (which is mostly empty streets and a few buildings) is already so amazing. Having an entire city plus all its details would be super. And it is looking amazing with unity5 realtime GI. Even with low rez rextures.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276202 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:30 am    Post subject: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

The problem was that the question was
still about taking the data from scene2.bin
and converting this to 4ds; regardless of
where you post this, you are still asking
the same question. Authors of threads
or topics do read other posts in other
topics and could easily have answered
your question including djbozkosz.

You had already posted this question
once in MWE, but you did not wait for
an answer from ASM and then posted
a new topic* asking the same question.
*This would've been fine if you had
done this (in the right forum of course)
in the first place and waited for replies
from whoever could help.

No I am not treating you like an idiot
BUT, please don't treat me like one
either. If djbozkosz is able to help with
your request... Please, stick to one topic
to deal with your problem.

Thanks!

gotmilk

19 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:00 am    Post subject: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

I created the separate topic after posting MWE. The logic behind that was if in case there is another way to achieve that and someone who knows the answer might not read the MWE thread. I could not delete the post from mwe and did not have nothing meaningful to edit that post with. So i left it as it was.

I post it again here. Same question but totally different software. Since the OP in this thread did not post for a while i had a good reason to believe that he might not read other posts. So i decided to ask again while a got a chance since he just posted a day ago. I am sorry if my 3 posts looks lime spam to you. I just wanted to maximise the chance to get different opinions from smart people in this community. In the end we all want the same thing. Bring people back to an amazing game.

Of course i am going to keep this in topic when he answers. But i am afraid that my question has now lost behind the wall of text containing arguments that in the end does not mean anything.
AsaSK

8758 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

gotmilk wrote:
I created the separate topic after posting MWE. The logic behind that was if in case there is another way to achieve that and someone who knows the answer might not read the MWE thread. I could not delete the post from mwe and did not have nothing meaningful to edit that post with. So i left it as it was.

I post it again here. Same question but totally different software. Since the OP in this thread did not post for a while i had a good reason to believe that he might not read other posts. So i decided to ask again while a got a chance since he just posted a day ago. I am sorry if my 3 posts looks lime spam to you. I just wanted to maximise the chance to get different opinions from smart people in this community. In the end we all want the same thing. Bring people back to an amazing game.

Of course i am going to keep this in topic when he answers. But i am afraid that my question has now lost behind the wall of text containing arguments that in the end does not mean anything.

Regardless of the software, you clearly don't understand how the file formats work. If you did you'd understand that this is a duplicate question, regardless of the software you think might be able to do it. You cannot transfer models from Scene2 to Scene because Scene2 does not contain any.

The official Mafioso Mod thread
gotmilk

19 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

AsaSK wrote:

Regardless of the software, you clearly don't understand how the file formats work. If you did you'd understand that this is a duplicate question, regardless of the software you think might be able to do it. You cannot transfer models from Scene2 to Scene because Scene2 does not contain any.

I understand that. Did you pay attention to my question here?.

In the original thread i asked "I have figured out how to open scene.4ds file in 3d application. Thing is that it only contains terrain and roads. Most of the buildings are located in scene2.bin file. Is it possible somehow to take scene2.bin static objects and add it into scene.4ds file so it would be possible to open the entire city in 3d application. "

And there you explained to me that bin does not hold models. Thank you for that btw.
Would it be right to say that Scene2 contains references of 3d objects and its coordinates?

Because in this thread i specifically asked "Would it be possible to take the data from scene2.bin and convert them into 4ds? So each little object would be a copy in a 4ds scene and not a reference from the bin file"

Does this sound like i am asking the same thing? I know it did for Muggy but he is not a technical person and there was no point arguing about this with him.

You cannot transfer models from Scene2 to Scene because Scene2 does not contain any.
I am not asking about transferring models from scene2. I am asking about taking the data that scene2 contains and use it for baking.

You have no reason to tell me that i don't know how file formats work. I don't know anything on how mafia engine works and since you explained this to me i asked a modified question about this.
And since Muggy locked my topic anyway and deleted my post from your thread i had no other way to ask OP or even to redirect to my thread and ask from there.

EDIT: And i got my answer.

Last edited by gotmilk on Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:29 am; edited 7 times in total
djbozkosz

1861 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

Very happy

gotmilk, in short: it is possible, everything is possible. I would appreciate this "baking" function too. Also with material merging (one mesh with one texture atlas) because then is rendering performance truly maximized. BUT, please don't expect this from me in near future.

clear? Wink

Web | Youtube | Developer at
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: