FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Throwing the baby out with the bath water
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geran30

Site Staff
Site Staff

157 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Throwing the baby out with the bath water Reply with quote

Thanks for doing everything you can to keep the community alive Matteo! Goes for all the other members as well.

We're back.... For good!
MatteoCapoletti

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Throwing the baby out with the bath water Reply with quote

so...based on the poll results, are yuo going to open things up a bit?
geran30

Site Staff
Site Staff

157 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Throwing the baby out with the bath water Reply with quote

We need to discuss the options now, but as far as I can see it our options are we need Chris to fix it annoyingly. He is snowed under with work so hasn't got any time to spare unfortunately.

The massive division in votes is something we cannot ignore simply put.

We're back.... For good!
Mr Robville

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Throwing the baby out with the bath water Reply with quote

I did some searching, someone created a StopForumSpam add-on for phpBB forums such as this one:
http://nmguse.webfactional.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=941
I wonder if MS.com's version meets the requirements.

I use a StopForumSpam add-on for my own SimpleMachines Forum. So far it works like a charm *knock knock*.

Maybe I should ask Chris to take over control of MS temporarily to install this plugin.
I do have some experience with setting up forums in the meantime.
Just to ask, is there anyone else with forum maintenance experience?

www.Robville.net
Johncena1

169 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Throwing the baby out with the bath water Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
I did some searching, someone created a StopForumSpam add-on for phpBB forums such as this one:

I use a StopForumSpam add-on for my own SimpleMachines Forum. So far it works like a charm *knock knock*.

Maybe I should ask Chris to take over control of MS temporarily to install this plugin.

Nice find Mr Rob Smile I hope it works.
geran30

Site Staff
Site Staff

157 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Throwing the baby out with the bath water Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:

I think we should just all ask chris on facebook as it is to get him in to do just this one thing for us. He might not have time but we never know untill we ask. I've set up plenty of forums but my skills lie in the Forums administration control panel and the portal system.

We're back.... For good!
Johncena1

169 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Throwing the baby out with the bath water Reply with quote

geran30 wrote:
Mr Robville wrote:

I think we should just all ask chris on facebook as it is to get him in to do just this one thing for us. He might not have time but we never know untill we ask. I've set up plenty of forums but my skills lie in the Forums administration control panel and the portal system.

I have installed a plug-in to a forum before. But its best chris does it to be safe lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Site Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: